What happened to The Great HBT Stogie Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This baffles me. I must be super lucky. I get my cigars in a week and the package even say freakin "cigars" on it. Maybe it's a hide in plain sight strategy?

Yup, we order from the same place(s) and mine always say "$xxx 25 Cigars" or something right there on the customs declaration. This is the first time I have had any confiscated. When I first started ordering from them, it was 5 working days on the nose. Then it stretched out to 3 weeks or so.

The replacements they sent were here in 5 days. I wonder if it depends on some combination of destination location, location of the fulfillment center (they use several), and port of entry.

It goes in phases from what I hear. There were a bunch of seizures at the same time y'all got yours snagged, a buddy of mine just got a letter last night too from and order he placed the end of January.

This latest letter baffles me.

Original order was 3 boxes, shipped separately. All 3 seized. 3 letters mailed from CBP.
Second shipment came through no problem. That was in March. I haven't ordered anything since AND I notified the seller that the second shipment was received.

And now I get another letter about a shipment seized in May. :drunk:

So either someone in HK is being generous, or someone in Miami is sending a second notice that is not worded as being a second notice.

This baffles me. I must be super lucky. I get my cigars in a week and the package even say freakin "cigars" on it. Maybe it's a hide in plain sight strategy?

Where is it that you all are ordering from? Or which place has the better track record of the cigars not being confiscated?

You rolling tonight? :D

Me too! Mini torpedoes, i figure they don't even have to look good since cc shorty's are ugly :p

Rolled some BH cherry bomb corona gordas. 1st rolls of the season. Made them to wet and technique is rusty. I need to find a 42rg mold and make some smalls.

Rolled some BH cherry bomb corona gordas. 1st rolls of the season. Made them to wet and technique is rusty. I need to find a 42rg mold and make some smalls.

That blend in a smaller ring gauge is the best. 40g has been my favorite so far

Think I'll do my part and order a couple of boxes today. Any recommendations? Strength isn't a concern as I enjoy a wide range.

Non Cuban.

Crowned Heads: La Imperiosa and Las Mareas
Warped: Corto and La Hacienda (any really, those just seem to be my favorites for the price)
Foundation: El Gueguense corona corda, Tabernacle short torpedo
Dunbarton: Umbagog

Back