What happened to The Great HBT Stogie Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You stop it right there! I have NO MORE ROOM for more cigars.

Now what's it called? Can't quite make out the label.

Walmart has 48qt igloo coolers for like $15 that make great coolerdors. Just sayin... Its a Caldwell The King is Dead. They tend to smoke better for me on the dry side, closer to 60%rh and Caldwell has been known to have some construction issues, but when they are on, they are pretty damn tasty.

Attachments

• Caldwel.jpg
    Caldwel.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 37
I have had the Honduras version of this CC original and was not at all impressed. Had a buddy tell me I NEED to try the CC version! It doesn't disappoint he said....You will LOVE it, he said!

OK he was right. Not disappointed at all. "LOVE IT"? Well lets just say LIKED IT A LOT.... The draw is a tad tight but I am down with that. Flavor ROTT is outstanding. The box is from 2013 so I think aged enough. They just need a little RH rest time in my humidor. I only bought a 12 ct box but I am ordering another tonight.

Cheers
Jay

TTT.jpg

Doing my first boil in the back yard for this year. With very unstable weather, hail and sunny at the same time.

q6xBdy1.jpg

haven't had a stogie for a year. no real reason. lit up a angel's anvil 2016 that's been sitting in my humidor since Sprout sent them to me almost exactly a year ago today.

pretty disappointed actually. great burn, draw, tons of smoke. just not much going on.

also....anyone figure out what happened to the last thread?

Getting set up to start working on and brewing a new IIPA recipe. Wish me luck. Pushing the boundaries for me... I have never developed any kind of IIPA myself so this will be fun!

Cheers
Jay.

DFC.jpg

Jay, first half was promising, earthy, rich caramel, little pepper, but the last half felt very spicy and untamed.

More sleep for these angry bad boys!

Back