What happened to The Great HBT Stogie Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drive for show....Putt for $$$$

Big stick normally stays in my bag..LOL That looks like it could be a local course around here..

Cheers
Jay

The big stick was the La Palina Maduro Gordo 6x60 ;-) It's like smoking a tree. Actually not bad except Saturday was suppose to be sunny. It rained on the second nine and sucked up a lot of moisture.

I'm vaca'ing on Cape Cod. It's a nice course. Normally we get these wild blueberry bushes that grow under the trees that are just under a foot tall. They are pretty much a penalty if you come close to them. Wrap around your hozzle and a leaf collector/ball hider. They cleared everything under the trees. Nice vacation course.

I'm on vaca! I'm pulling out #2 Big Stick the TaylorMade all weekend long! Last two days of weather has been great.

The big stick was the La Palina Maduro Gordo 6x60 ;-) It's like smoking a tree. Actually not bad except Saturday was suppose to be sunny. It rained on the second nine and sucked up a lot of moisture.

I'm vaca'ing on Cape Cod. It's a nice course. Normally we get these wild blueberry bushes that grow under the trees that are just under a foot tall. They are pretty much a penalty if you come close to them. Wrap around your hozzle and a leaf collector/ball hider. They cleared everything under the trees. Nice vacation course.

I'm on vaca! I'm pulling out #2 Big Stick the TaylorMade all weekend long! Last two days of weather has been great.

Awesome...I need a golf vacation in the worst way

Those of you who travel with cigars, do you have any advice regarding otherwise unexpected issues?

I have a 3 week vacation coming up in Southeast Asia. Considering bringing a small desktop humidor full of cigars with me as I am unfamiliar with where the local tobacconists are, their selections, cigar availability, and prices.

Not sure if having the humidor in carry-on is a good idea. Not sure if I like the idea of putting it in check-in baggage either.

Those of you who travel with cigars, do you have any advice regarding otherwise unexpected issues?

I have a 3 week vacation coming up in Southeast Asia. Considering bringing a small desktop humidor full of cigars with me as I am unfamiliar with where the local tobacconists are, their selections, cigar availability, and prices.

Not sure if having the humidor in carry-on is a good idea. Not sure if I like the idea of putting it in check-in baggage either.

This is what I use. I'm confident nothing will happen to it in transit when checked. It's bulletproof

Last edited by a moderator:

they make those too

http://www.fieldsupply.com/gear/dry-boxes-tough-cases/blackwatch-case-layered-foam.html

Ditto on the herfador, 5, 10, 15 or 40 count. Don't use all the foam that comes with them and they will hold more than the listed count.

I dont know who thought this was a good idea... some kind of sugar is infused in the cap... I thought it would wear off after a few puffs, NOPE!! strong as ever!! Tasted like a sugar cube in EVERY PUFF??? WHY???

20170422_202123.jpg

I dont know who thought this was a good idea... some kind of sugar is infused in the cap... I thought it would wear off after a few puffs, NOPE!! strong as ever!! Tasted like a sugar cube in EVERY PUFF??? WHY???

Well, it is a Drew Estate cigar. That alone should tell you it'll be quirky.

Sweetened tip and coffee infused. What did you expect? :D

Well, it is a Drew Estate cigar. That alone should tell you it'll be quirky.

Sweetened tip and coffee infused. What did you expect? :D

Lol... well it was in a grab bag i bought at the local store... I always try to get different ones to see whats out there...

I mean a little sweet that fades i can live with it... but this was literally like sucking on a sugar cube...every puff!!

At the Friday Night Kool April Nights car parade in front of my store. I was standing on the very top of my truck having a few beers and a few nice cigars. That is an Oliva V Malanio. Yum!!

Cheers
Jay

KoolAprilNights.jpg

Back