What brewery are you visiting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweetwater Brewery, sorta Buckhead, Atlanta

Great IPA, weird drinking laws

20170809_192025.jpg

Been getting behind on posting these...was in Utah recently. Park City to be specific, and checked out Wasatch...
Beautiful Fall day in Utah...you can see the fermentation/conditioning room behind the taps at the bar. Second pic is a better view of that room. Brew house itself is right in the front. As were walking up to the place they were boiling and it smelled wonderful and malty all up and down Main Street!

View attachment 1509669824123.jpg

View attachment 1509669847961.jpg

View attachment 1509669872501.jpg

View attachment 1509669891366.jpg

Today was in Manchester, NH...awesome little brewpub called Stark Brewing. It's slightly confusing, b/c the same place is also called Milly's Pub, but that is name they distill under...something to do with liquor laws, as I understand it.
The place is in an old mill, in the basement, comes across as wonderfully aged, yet new and refreshed. Totally mellow, great food and great beer!

Main brewhouse appears behind the bar with a nice mix of copper and stainless. The fermentation and clearing tanks are across the room. A better pic later shows that area well...and yea, that's a disco ball hanging in the middle of the fermenting tanks!
Sorry for the rotated pic, but that's the sampler spread I had; they had a nice mix of IPA's from an English style (Manch Vegas) to a West Coast hop bomb (Hound) to a malty DIPA (Hopzilla). The dark beers were all malty/roasty and delicious, and the pumpkins (middle two - Grumpy and Blueberry) were not overwhelming, and the blueberry was actually a stand out to me.

View attachment 1509670665621.jpg

View attachment 1509670682395.jpg

View attachment 1509670692141.jpg

View attachment 1509670709057.jpg

View attachment 1509670716167.jpg

Going back even before Utah we (me and family) were in Erie PA for the day. Went to a place that we've been to before, and enjoyed again, the Brewerie at Union Station.

This place is an amazing use of old space, occupying an old train station.

Food and beer are uniformly good...

Apologize for the panoramic photos, which come across somewhat small on HBT...the scale of this place is difficult to capture otherwise. Imagine an early/mid 20th century public space (train station) being turned into a restaurant/brewery...it's quite impressive!

View attachment 1509671798434.jpg

View attachment 1509671822109.jpg

View attachment 1509671837876.jpg

View attachment 1509671857304.jpg

Concrete Beach, Wynwood, Miami, FL

Great beer and getting better

Attachments

• 20171125_163238.jpg
    20171125_163238.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 66
Most recently, The Beer Diviner in Petersburg, NY. Small brewery in the middle of nowhere near the NY/Mass border. I helped with a batch a few months ago and finally got the chance to go back. Turned out he had to dump it :(. Beers are good, not stellar, but the guy is super nice.

I stopped into two this last weekend:

Galena Brewing Company: I'd had some of their beers before just as they were transitioning to a new head brewer. Back that, I thought the beers were solid but not outstanding. This weekend I sampled beers again now that the new brewer is cranking them out. Much, much better beer. They're not big on IPA,s but other offerings were very tasty for the style. An imperial brown ale called Alister B stood out as being outstanding. Their BA stout was a bit boozy but solid. It will age nicely I think.

7 Hills Brewing: I had heard good things about this brewery and was excited to check them out. I found their offerings to be like many small breweries...inoffensive but uninspiring. They had a west coast IPA that was solid, but not something I'd seek out or try to replicate (my standard for a "really good beer"). Everything else was just....not interesting. Not bad, just run of the mill stuff that I can do without. It's places like this, that are successful despite lackluster beer, that make me think I could make a go of it opening a nano.

That ^^^ is all extremely cool too! More ideas, more ideas......

I have seen keg urinals at other breweries in the past, but I really like the tap handle faucets...the incorporation of the tri-clover fitting is definitely unique.

Back in the ATL. Visited 2 breweries in Decatur yesterday, both doing some fine barrel aged sour beers.

20180324_172219.jpg
20180325_091121.jpg

Tilion Brewing in Cannon Falls, MN. Just opened a couple weeks ago. Only brewery in a small town where I work. Hopefully it becomes a good place to have one after work, which I did last Friday.
IMG_20180323_161522.jpg

Latest posts

Back