What brewery are you visiting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
40326571614_fdec26307c_z.jpg

On the Beltline in Atlanta
20180326_175529.jpg

Beer heaven: SWMBO just said she likes the esters in the Tripel she is drinking :)

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Just returned from Omaha Nebraska, visited Upstream and Farnam House breweries. There wasn't enough free time for more breweries, but a visit to Growlers USA and Too far North enabled me to sample more NE brews.

Couple small ones near me: Helderberg Mountain brewing and Real McCoy Brewing. The first time for the former, umpteenth time for the latter. Nice stuff at both.

Wow, this thread died else since my last post :p
Major brewery time the past week on vacation in the Knoxville, TN and Asheville, NC areas. Final count:

In and around Knoxville:
Elkmont
Balters
Pretentious (Samuel Jacksons rye wine was amazing!)
Blackhorse
Smoky Mountain

In and around Asheville:
Bhramari
Sanctuary
Thirsty Monk
Green Man
Catawba
Sierra Nevada
Mills River
Blue Ghost
Flat rock cider
REALLY wanted to go to Burial but they were having a saison fest the day I had a chance to visit, and the crew I was with wasn't interested.

Milk stout.
image.jpeg
That is quite a list, BrewMan. I did some local visits here on LI. The Riverhead Cider House last Saturday Holy Schmitt was it packed and the Jamesport Farm Brewery also busy, but not crazy.

Last edited:
Milk stout.
View attachment 568273 That is quite a list, BrewMan. I did some local visits here on LI. The Riverhead Cider House last Saturday Holy Schmitt was is packed and the Jamesport Farm Brewery also busy, but not crazy.
Yeah, I only go down there once a year so I try to make the most of it. Plus, my in-laws are very accommodating. Literally every time we didn't have something else to do, they were like "what brewery are we going to now?" I had put together a list, but we exceeded my expectations for pure numbers.

Made a repeat visit to People’s Pint in Toronto’s Junction neighbourhood. So many great beers, and probably my favourite tap room around [emoji482]

Attachments

• IMG_1527460979.757626.jpg
    IMG_1527460979.757626.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 73
Last friday made the trek up to Alchemist with a friend who has done this sort of thing before. Also hit Rock Art, Lost Nation, Prohibition Pig, and Drop In.

I am here in Morganton, NC and hope to get to one or two breweries in the area. My choices are narrowed down to Granite Falls brewing and Fonta Flora. After checking out the websites I am leaning toward Fonta Flora. They seem to have some cool looking saisons and they play with unique ingredients.

Anyone have any feedback on these two businesses? Thanks in advance!

I am here in Morganton, NC and hope to get to one or two breweries in the area. My choices are narrowed down to Granite Falls brewing and Fonta Flora. After checking out the websites I am leaning toward Fonta Flora. They seem to have some cool looking saisons and they play with unique ingredients.

Anyone have any feedback on these two businesses? Thanks in advance!

Went with Granite Falls as it was closer and the hours matched our schedule.

Very nice decor! And at 87° the a/c is welcome also. We sampled the Knotty Gurl blonde (nice and gentle), Mustang Beach (like a lime lager), the Bushfire red (moderate malt character) but the 3 Paw porter was the most flavorful selection. All were very good and I would recommend that you stop if you're close.Message_1528564909508.jpg 20180609_131709.jpg 20180609_131815.jpg

Just got back from south Florida. Visited about a dozen breweries. Our favorites were J Wakefield and Concrete Beach in Miami, Funky Buddha and LauderAle in Ft Lauderdale and Islamorada in the Keys. Going to hit Orpheus here in Atlanta next week.
What did you think of funky budda? I believe that is a system I built a few years ago for work

Its been a while, but that is a pretty big brewhouse. They've gotten a little too big and impersonal to me. We've decided we like the small breweries that only distribute locally, if at all. Much more character and fresher beer, and you can usually talk to someone that is not just a bartender, like a brewer or even the owner. Our favorites in the area were LauderAle, that has a 3 barrel system and Islamorada, that has a 5 barrel system.

Went to Coastal Dayz which just opened this year in Fort Myers. Pleasantly surprised.
aviary-image-1529177865158.jpeg

We have arrived at Florida beer mecca, Cigar City. Having a Loko Love - oatmeal stout with coffee, vanilla, cinnamon and cacao.
20180616_212839.jpg
20180616_212449.jpg

Motorworks in Bradenton definitely stepping it up. Drinking a Florida Weiss with kumquat, very tasty.

Attachments

• 20180617_122131.jpg
    20180617_122131.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 74
Still in Bradenton at a nice microbrewery with food, called 3 Keys Brewing. They brew with a BIAB style full volume mash.
20180617_133407.jpg
20180617_131312.jpg

Back