What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha nice

View attachment 306846
PBR. Waiting for labels to fall of in sink

Somehow I don't think you can de-label that very easily.

Potential hurricane strike, pouring ran currently - let's go clean gutters!

:mad:

At least it slowed to a miserable piss of drizzle towards the end. Innthe park with the little one and rainboots currently.

Forgive me for being off topic, but whats your thesis? If you don't mind..

I'm doing my master's of fine art in game development. I started out as a 3d modeler, but switched my focus half way through to game design.

My thesis is basically a level for 3rd person survival horror game that I'm creating using Unity 5.

I probably bit off more than I could chew, but I'm doing: the level design, character modeling, prop modeling, texturing, UI/UX design, AI behavior, scripting (a lot of different things), vfx (particle fx), and setting up all of the animations. Pretty much everything for a game besides creating character animations. (Still had to create the character controller and animation blend trees so it all worked together though)

What's your opinion of that beer?

I'm a sucker for AB, whatever the treatment. The bourbon aroma / flavor is nothing like a BCBS, but I don't think it's trying to be, because that would cover up the hops. It adds a nice complexity. At $4 a bottle it's worth a try, I'm really enjoying it. It's a couple months old now, and that's my only gripe.

Somehow I don't think you can de-label that very easily.

Potential hurricane strike, pouring ran currently - let's go clean gutters!

:mad:

At least it slowed to a miserable piss of drizzle towards the end. Innthe park with the little one and rainboots currently.

Takes about 20 min sitting in oxiclean and hot water for lagunitas labels (or most in general) to peel right off. Then just 5 seconds a bottle scrubbing the glue stuff left on. Already finished the 24 I needed to de-label and clean.

The only bottle I found that's a real PITA is Pliny. The paper is thin, the ink starts running, and the glue is almost industrial strength.

OT:
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1443736854.023242.jpg

I'm doing my master's of fine art in game development. I started out as a 3d modeler, but switched my focus half way through to game design.

My thesis is basically a level for 3rd person survival horror game that I'm creating using Unity 5.

I probably bit off more than I could chew, but I'm doing: the level design, character modeling, prop modeling, texturing, UI/UX design, AI behavior, scripting (a lot of different things), vfx (particle fx), and setting up all of the animations. Pretty much everything for a game besides creating character animations. (Still had to create the character controller and animation blend trees so it all worked together though)

That's impressive for one person. I take it Unity 5 is a game engine? I was a Commodore 64 guy...8bit 6502 stuff. Loved to program, but ended up with a bachelor in electronic engineering.

View attachment 1443737495393.jpg

make us a video game. character is a cow running through a slaughter house saving all his cow & pig friends. end boss is a giant cannibal cow that shoots acid out of its' udders. we can do this with goats too, but cows in a slaughter house makes more sense.

That's impressive for one person. I take it Unity 5 is a game engine? I was a Commodore 64 guy...8bit 6502 stuff. Loved to program, but ended up with a bachelor in electronic engineering.

Thanks. I probably should have gotten more help, but I wanted to understand the whole pipeline. Yea, it's a game engine -- haha yea I started out on an 8-bit NES. Scripting is mostly done in C# and a couple things are in some weird shader language from nvidia.

make us a video game. character is a cow running through a slaughter house saving all his cow & pig friends. end boss is a giant cannibal cow that shoots acid out of its' udders. we can do this with goats too, but cows in a slaughter house makes more sense.

Haha. Not a bad idea.
would they be killing humans too?
2d or 3d? 2d would be easiest to create (probably side scrolling)
Would they cow be realistic on all fours (goat simulator style?) or standing up(Diablo 2)?
How do they attack?
Where and when would this take place?

Wouldn't have time for it until I graduate, but this could happen haha.

Takes about 20 min sitting in oxiclean and hot water for lagunitas labels (or most in general) to peel right off. Then just 5 seconds a bottle scrubbing the glue stuff left on. Already finished the 24 I needed to de-label and clean.

The only bottle I found that's a real PITA is Pliny. The paper is thin, the ink starts running, and the glue is almost industrial strength.

OT:
View attachment 306858

Okay, from the not funny if you have to explain it files, I was referring to the can in the picture. :drunk:

Iced H2O at the hospital. Wife delivered a 9 pound boy earlier today!

Congrats. When are you selling the brewing equipment due to disuse?

Tap & Screw Jacked Porter.
View attachment 306864

While brewing my Berliner weisse on their pilot system!

View attachment 306865

And another congrats!

Had a sample of my Rye Lawn Mower beer; a bit thin but good flavor.... At around 2% ( this might have been the 1.3% batch, not sure).

No, onto the opposite end of the spectrum. Silvia Stout from green flash. Disappointed, put it in the fridge due to the infection potential, wish I had let it age more. Beautiful flavor, and getting better as it warms.

#mumblemumble365

Attachments

• 1443740151984.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 40
Thanks everyone!

I timed this right though....farmhouse Brett should be ready to bottle before I go back to work, Flanders ready to bottle in November and sour saison in December.

Back