What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been to PDX yet, but SWMBO has a bunch of friends there who want us to visit. Beervana, supposedly.

Another Top Cutter.
View attachment 296280

Keg guy from Idaho e-mailed saying he's out of town this weekend ant to call Tuesday. Who puts up an ad then goes on vacation...?

People from Idaho... Used to live there. Went to school with the kid that made Napoleon Dynamite and that stuff wasn't made up, that's how people really are there.

Drinking this because today was full of sucks and I don't feel like wasting good beer when I'm in a bad mood and not feeling well. I think I may be getting a cold which is a joke when it's 115F outside. Fml. Damn, I'm having cravings for waffles now.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1439514651.575937.jpg

I haven't been to PDX yet, but SWMBO has a bunch of friends there who want us to visit. Beervana, supposedly.

Another Top Cutter.
View attachment 296280

Keg guy from Idaho e-mailed saying he's out of town this weekend ant to call Tuesday. Who puts up an ad then goes on vacation...?

They definitely give San Diego and Denver a run for there money. If I had to leave the great state of Texas it would be for the NW. Yall got a good thing going over there!

People from Idaho... Used to live there. Went to school with the kid that made Napoleon Dynamite and that stuff wasn't made up, that's how people really are there.
View attachment 296290

I've noticed that people here are comically bad at following through on time commitments. For me, "I'll call at 2:00" means that you'll get a call at 2:00. Here, you're probably not getting a call... at least not on time. Even when I'm trying to give someone money. Weird for me.

They definitely give San Diego and Denver a run for there money. If I had to leave the great state of Texas it would be for the NW. Yall got a good thing going over there!

Agh. I'm still a newbie here. Almost 1 month. #%!*ing moving company still hasn't delivered. Useless sh!theads.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1439516169.470012.jpg

This is ok.

Glad someone else is getting on the drink-a-couple-gallons-of-Mild-a-night train.

My Wee Heavy followed by APA and said "f*** it why make it hard on myself" and decided since I'm doing two Saison with very similar grain bills tomorrow, why not just combine and partigyle and save the extra mash. So that's what I'm going to do. So doing some math.

I'm telling you man. Breakside IPA if you can find it. I've been waiting on my buddy to ship me some, but he's a slacker.

And nice view fo sho

I had the Wanderlust IPA from Breakside.
I'll look for some more of their stuff.
I'm sure we could work something out if he keeps slacking. ;)

Glad someone else is getting on the drink-a-couple-gallons-of-Mild-a-night train.

My Wee Heavy followed by APA and said "f*** it why make it hard on myself" and decided since I'm doing two Saison with very similar grain bills tomorrow, why not just combine and partigyle and save the extra mash. So that's what I'm going to do. So doing some math.

I'm down to brew it soon. Is the recipe on your profile?

It's not hard and it's hardly at peak yet... But I'm doing 10 gal of this before too long I think.

Yep. And @Psylocide has the link to the recipe in his signature too. A couple versions on that first page. Last one is the one I've stuck with for a number of rebrews now.

I may take you up on that. He bought me a bottle of Pliny last April and said he would mail it to me in two weeks. In December he told me he had it packaged up and ready to go and his car got broken in to and they stole the package. I'm glad that my first Pliny wasn't 8+ months old.

And now I'm enjoying this. Best beer in the 307 until Melvin starts distributing.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1439519245.803414.jpg

I'm telling you man. Breakside IPA if you can find it. I've been waiting on my buddy to ship me some, but he's a slacker.

And nice view fo sho

+1. them and pfriem were my two favorite places from my visit.

I may take you up on that. He bought me a bottle of Pliny last April and said he would mail it to me in two weeks. In December he told me he had it packaged up and ready to go and his car got broken in to and they stole the package. I'm glad that my first Pliny wasn't 8+ months old.

And now I'm enjoying this. Best beer in the 307 until Melvin starts distributing.

View attachment 296315

Is Melvin talking about distribution?

More Crown Maple. Getting ready for bed. Lucky for me the wife is wrangling the ankle biters tonight. If it was me everyone would get the belt and sent to bed early so I could crash early in peace.

View attachment 296315

Unfortunately RR stopped distribution in WA state I think... Pliny, Supplication, etc... In fact, it's damn near impossible to find a sour in Spokane that's not Lindemann's Framboise (if that counts). Seattle is probably where I'll have to do for stuff like that.

Last one of the night:

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1439520403.148923.jpg

Back