What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Austin homebrew has used kegs for 10% off right now, so they are about $54. You don't have to drive an hour, but shipping probably kills the deal.

Drinking wine. Still dwelling on work. Why is there always that one ****ty coworker??

Austin homebrew has used kegs for 10% off right now, so they are about $54. You don't have to drive an hour, but shipping probably kills the deal.

Drinking wine. Still dwelling on work. Why is there always that one ****ty coworker??

That's what I keep thinking. I am super tired of bottling, so I'm eager to get things going with kegging. Hasn't stopped me from collecting bottles:
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1439439903.317955.jpg

The old "fell off the truck", eh?
Not bitter, not jealous. (Read: bitter and jealous.)

View attachment 296111

Hot in Cascadia tonight. Kid 1 and I bought & assembled 3 fans tonight.

This is pretty deece.

Dude didn't brew in like 10 years and sold off all of his other equipment already. It was quite a score... If only he had more haha

What was the verdict? I would love for them to Brett-bottle condition a beer, but they always seem to play it safe.

If there were any dregs is was minimal, I shined a light through the empty bottle and could not see any.

Up early, have to go to an Energy storage symposium today.

Coffee and a sample of my 9-month old quad. I think the oak soaked in a cabernet gave it a neat flavor. I only carbonated it because I may enter it into a comp. I don't intend to bottle it for gifts until 12/14/15.

Feel better @BeerMeDuffMan I hope you stop leaking.

Last night.
Many thanks to @finsfan and @patrickgoss for the Tall Grass and Upland.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1439467275.011032.jpg

That's what I keep thinking. I am super tired of bottling, so I'm eager to get things going with kegging. Hasn't stopped me from collecting bottles:
View attachment 296114

I have 15-16 cases of delabled 12-ounce bottles since I have been kegging everything, including sours, for the last 9 months or so. I've thrown-out 3-4 cases of 22-ounce bottles. I'll never go back to bottling unless my kegs are full and the beer I'm bottling could benefit from some aging.

Cough syrup with breakfast. Want to brew today but have more work to do outside of the house.

How is that splitter treating ya lad ?? ;)

My arms don't hurt as much. It's great.

Here, few acres and 2000 sqft.

At 200k and 30 minute drive from here, few more acres and a nicer 2500 sqft.

My 1200 sqft house with a basement in town on a double lot is worth about 110k.

That's really cheap. I figured prices in that area would be jacked-up somewhat because of PU.

Pretty sure I'm dying. Maybe its just food poisoning, my whole body hurts and I'm leaking like a sieve.

Next time don't buy that burrito from a cart on the corner in west Philly! :) Feel better.

why, do you want one? I bought one and haven't had it yet. I may do that tonight.

@mhurst111 why do you keep saying that Applebees has rats?

I was confused by this as well, but then I figured out that was the name he gave the beer.

Coffee. This week needs to end quickly - I've had enough.

Next time don't buy that burrito from a cart on the corner in west Philly! :) Feel better.

I was confused by this as well, but then I figured out that was the name he gave the beer.

Coffee. This week needs to end quickly - I've had enough.

You're likely right because that makes sense. I catch on slow.

Wife has her whole family in town. For a week. My house has been overrun with junk food, pop, coloring books and n/a beer. So, I got home, said hi and went outside to demolish the weeds, bushes, snapdragons and overgrown rose bush. Got propane for brewing and cooking this weekend. Might throw a tent up in the lawn and just camp out the next five days.

I was able to catch some of the meteor shower last night; a pleasant surprise when you're accustomed to the sky being drowned in light pollution.

Hot, fresh-ground coffee.

My arms don't hurt as much. It's great.

That's really cheap. I figured prices in that area would be jacked-up somewhat because of PU.

They are near campus, but thing get pretty reasonable the farther away you get. McMansions in the right addition can run a half million. A little less house on a lot more land twenty miles away can be had for half. My buddy just bought an unfinished 3000 sf house on six acres for 160k. He is a contractor and thinks he will be under 200 when it's all done.

You're likely right because that makes sense. I catch on slow.

Also a Talladega Nights quote.

Office coffee.

A package I shipped had been sitting at my local FedEx warehouse location since Monday with no update. Hoping that's not a bad sign...

Might be seriously ill, but you know what sounds farking awesome? Cherry Man and bourbon barrel aged Naja from Jackie Os.
Damn; sounds good enough to risk being violently ill and to salivate anyway

I sent brianmac a pm.

Okay, here is my rendition of the awesome Maine Beer Co's Lunch IPA.
First let me say, I had it once while on vacation about 5 weeks ago, and wow is this a great brew. Is mine the same, mostly, I mashed a little low because I like a drier beer and I added sugar to help get that lower TG. After tasting mine I would mash at 150-152 for 60-90 and let both the Beta and Alphas munch a way. Even with the high percent of crystal, its a dry beer, but not super thin.
I would also boost the grain bill a little to get the OG, I was trying something new and lost some efficiency.
I would also let the late hops sit a little longer and do a hop stand/whirlpool a little longer, say 20-30 minutes.
I would also cut back slightly on the Simcoe, maybe as much as 20% because it is very dominant, which is what MBC Lunch is about, but when I drank it in a pub, I felt that the hops were very much in balance with Simcoe in the lead. Mine is a little more Simcoe up front, but it's only been on gas for a week, so it will mellow.

6.00 gal Atlanta, GA Water 1 -
7.00 g Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) (Mash 60.0 mins) Water Agent 2 -
5.00 g Calcium Chloride (Mash 60.0 mins) Water Agent 3 -
4.00 g Epsom Salt (MgSO4) (Mash 60.0 mins) Water Agent 4 -
3.00 g Baking Soda (Mash 60.0 mins) Water Agent 5 -
13 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 6 76.5 %
1 lbs 8.0 oz Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 7 8.8 %
1 lbs Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 8 5.9 %
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 9 2.9 %
0.60 oz Magnum [12.70 %] - Boil 45.0 min Hop 10 19.4 IBUs
1.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 11 13.7 IBUs
1.00 oz Simcoe [13.00 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 12 17.9 IBUs
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 13 5.8 IBUs
0.50 Items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 5.0 mins) Fining 14 -
1.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] - Boil 1.0 min Hop 15 1.2 IBUs
1.00 oz Simcoe [13.00 %] - Boil 1.0 min Hop 16 1.6 IBUs
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] - Boil 1.0 min Hop 17 0.5 IBUs
1.0 pkg Safale American (DCL/Fermentis #US-05) [50.28 ml] Yeast 18 -
1 lbs Sugar, Table (Sucrose) (1.0 SRM) Sugar 19 5.9 %
1.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] - Dry Hop 7.0 Days Hop 20 0.0 IBUs
1.00 oz Simcoe [13.00 %] - Dry Hop 7.0 Days Hop 21 0.0 IBUs
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] - Dry Hop 7.0 Days Hop 22 0.0 IBUs

Mashed @ 148 for 70 minutes, batch sparged. Added table sugar at 5 minutes. Nailed with about 90 seconds of oxygen and tucked into the chamber with a blow off.
Fermented at 62 to 68 for 5/6 days, then moved to secondary and fermented for 5 days at 72.
Dry hopped 1/1/1 oz of Cen/sim/amar
Crashed at 35 for 24 hours
Kegged and filtered 3 micron and put on gas
Finished at 1010

It came out really good. This will be my go to house IPA.

Latest posts

Back