What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This.
View attachment 244165
Anyone think it's a bad idea to send beer home in a cary on? About 10 bombers wrapped in bubble wrap and in zip loc bags with lots of bubble wrap on the top and bottom and some dirty clothes.

I meant check bag. It's my carry on normally, but I'll check it.

I'm shopping some that won't fit in the suitcase.

Have you done it?

This helps. It seems like I can but obviously at my own risk.

Wrap the in clothes too. I used to be a baggage handler. If your bag is huge and or heavy it will be abused. Carry on is the way to go with breakable but the damn liquid rules make it impossible. You are fine with checked though if you have a rigid bag and cushion it well

Lol bet you love the holidays more than I do being a produce manager at a grocery store

Touche! I worked most areas of a grocery store when I was in high school. If I had to manage a mob of teenagers during the holidays...I would probably just drink Everclear.

I'm sure you are glad it is over as well.

Anyone think it's a bad idea to send beer home in a cary on? About 10 bombers wrapped in bubble wrap and in zip loc bags with lots of bubble wrap on the top and bottom and some dirty clothes.

Carry on: bad idea. Checked bag: not bad idea. I've done it (packed in checked bag) in a pinch when I overpurchased for my wine check. As long as you don't put it overweight. Much like delivery services, overweight bags do not get treated kindly by baggage handlers.

Drinking this:

While opening the mail after returning from family visit.

Touche! I worked most areas of a grocery store when I was in high school. If I had to manage a mob of teenagers during the holidays...I would probably just drink Everclear.

I'm sure you are glad it is over as well.

Haha yea I would drink ever clear but I gotta be around family tomorrow and that kind of hangover requires a lot of alone time

I'd like a '13 for comparison. This year us my first and it's a really great beer.

I'd have to check when I'm back in NJ but, I think I still have a 2013 hiding somewhere. Remind me or hit me up with a PM after 1/1/15 if you're still interested.

I also have Moo-hoo for @finsfan and WnB for @Remmy that I need to pack and ship when I get back to NJ.

Carry on: bad idea. Checked bag: not bad idea. I've done it (packed in checked bag) in a pinch when I overpurchased for my wine check. As long as you don't put it overweight. Much like delivery services, overweight bags do not get treated kindly by baggage handlers.

Drinking this:

While opening the mail after returning from family visit.

Congrats! That's so awesome.

Still on the heavily spiked store bought eggnog. Next year I'm making it from scratch. Never had it and always wanted to make it and try it.

I have a killer recipe. Pretty easy, just needs time to age and packs a punch.

This year I made 8 gallons...:D

You are welcome! I will pass it on.

I almost made it all the way to Christmas without slipping on someone's sidewalk.

Just like in the cartoons, legs went up and I hit the ground flat as a board. Pretty sore right now, moral of the story: salt.

Or if you are anal about putting salt on your walk, sand is an acceptable substitute.

Thank you. Rant over.

Merry Christmas everyone!
I hope you're okay. That's terrible.

Tito's and juice.

Since you lightweights have dropped off...I'm having rum & egg nog. A belly ache no doubt.

Merry Christmas!

IMG_5459.jpg

Water and coffee. Merry Christmas HBT. Wishing yall a safe and wonderful Christmas. Remember beer helps bring out the joy of being surrounded by family today

Back