What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@remmy love that home brewer black shirt. The other is n/a for me.

Water. While watching the sunrise. The present opening has been scheduled for 10 am because Mama Hello has gone crazy.

Merry Christmas to you all. You're the best bunch of drunks a gal can ask for.

Wow, a 2012 isn't ready yet?

It'll never be ready. Just not a good imperial stout IMO. I've just been holding onto these 2012s to try one each year just to see how it ages, but no amount of aging will change what I don't like about it. It finishes too dry and thin and doesn't have much going on in flavor.

Wife has great taste in Xmas gifts.

A whole case of two hearted? ;)

I drank everything I brought to the party yesterday. The barrel aged narwahl disappeared real quick, then the cherry wheat, then I drank all the Texas twang.
I gotta get motivated to bottle up some stuff today to give to family this weekend.

Got the jumbo platter of diabeetus ready for grazing!

image.jpg

More quaffi...I was just falling asleep in my chair. Only presents I'm still expecting is from my Dad and maybe in-laws. No wort chiller and no mash paddle. I must have SUCKED at dropping hints. *sigh*

A whole case of two hearted? ;)

I drank everything I brought to the party yesterday. The barrel aged narwahl disappeared real quick, then the cherry wheat, then I drank all the Texas twang.
I gotta get motivated to bottle up some stuff today to give to family this weekend.

Haha...at $8 for a 6 pack, she should have bought a case.

More quaffi...I was just falling asleep in my chair. Only presents I'm still expecting is from my Dad and maybe in-laws. No wort chiller and no mash paddle. I must have SUCKED at dropping hints. *sigh*

I suck. I'm going to make your mash paddle in the next week or so. I have the wood and everything.

I suck. I'm going to make your mash paddle in the next week or so. I have the wood and everything.

Ha! I had totally forgotten! I really thought I was getting a chiller...may have to keep doing the ice bath until the birthday. I paddle would be so much better than the long plastic spoon! Wasn't a big deal for extract, but bigger deal with all grain! It'll prolly be a month before my next brew day, so don't go crazy, but thanks SO much!!!

More caffiene, please!

First-up. Super-good black IPA. Better than I was expecting. I didn't read the label until I was halfway through the beer. Could instantly pick-up the Simcoe flavor and aroma in this beer. I've brewed with it so many times. One of my favorite types of hops.

Thanks, @bucknuts.

Currently watching my Knicks get their asses handed to them by Washington before I drive to the Bronx.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1419528764.427948.jpg

I do. :)
Ha! I had totally forgotten! I really thought I was getting a chiller...may have to keep doing the ice bath until the birthday. I paddle would be so much better than the long plastic spoon! Wasn't a big deal for extract, but bigger deal with all grain! It'll prolly be a month before my next brew day, so don't go crazy, but thanks SO much!!!

More caffiene, please!
I'm gonna do it. For sure.
You make mash paddles?!

I've made two before. Nothing crazy but they work. I use solid oak. I use holes instead of fancy designs but I may try something fancy for Matt.

First-up. Super-good black IPA. Better than I was expecting. I didn't read the label until I was halfway through the beer. Could instantly pick-up the Simcoe flavor and aroma in this beer. I've brewed with it so many times. One of my favorite types of hops.

Thanks, @bucknuts.

Currently watching my Knicks get their asses handed to them by Washington before I drive to the Bronx.

View attachment 244268

Glad you enjoyed it I drink as much of it as I can find.

View attachment 244270
My Brett Saison. It's not carbonated enough. The combo of the Dupont strain and brett took this down to 1.000 tastes ok but its thin. Taking a break from cooking to watch a little of Remmy's Knicks get a beat down.

I hate watching the Knicks. Yet I watch almost every game.

I'm bringing three 750's of beer to my mother's house. Hoping to get a mean buzz going there.

Wish the pizzerias were open today. I'll have to settle for pasteles, pernil and rice & beans. :D

I hate watching the Knicks. Yet I watch almost every game.

I'm bringing three 750's of beer to my mother's house. Wish the pizzerias were open today. I'll have to settle for pasteles, pernil and rice & beans. :D

I'd "settle" for that meal anyday

Back