What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying the last few days of vacation with an IPL from Smuttynose (and others to come over the weekend). Solid beer, but as I've said before and I'm sure I'll say again, I don't think IPL is distinguishable from from IPA. I've yet to drink an IPL that I would describe as any different, in basic characteristics of the style, from IPA.

_DSC3561.jpg

Enjoying the last few days of vacation with an IPL from Smuttynose (and others to come over the weekend). Solid beer, but as I've said before and I'm sure I'll say again, I don't think IPL is distinguishable from from IPA. I've yet to drink an IPL that I would describe as any different, in basic characteristics of the style, from IPA.

Gandhi's nose looks bigger in that pic.

Have you tried Jack's Abby Mass Rising xIPL? Smells and tastes like a darn IPA.

Soda. Because nothing says healthy eating like washing down a salad with 600 additional calories. :D

Sitting in the woods having this gem.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413565118.004958.jpg

No gun on me. So, if a bobcat or two come after me, I'm ****ed.

Have any of you guys used east coast yeast? How do you get it? Do you have to get lucky with your timing at a LHBS, or is there a secret handshake that I need to know? I want to try brewing a sour with their bugfarm or something similar.

Thanks in advance, I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

There's also a google group email from Princeton Homebrew I think, but he only seems to sell it in prepackaged sets of 5-6 at a time. If you're interested, PM me and I'll forward the info when I'm back at my computer.

It'll be hard to pick out the lager strain because they are so clean and neutral. Its just a cleaner hop profile. I agree its really no difference but just a cleaner finish. I need to think how to get some lager essence in there

View attachment 230025

:wrist flick thingy: Hey dare, gaiz. Remmy with another review here. So let's jump right into it.

This is hawgwild's Biere de Garde. It comes in at 7.2% ABV. It's rotational - he brews it when he can.

:wipes the glass: So, this beer is absolutely gorgeous. It is this beautiful, this, ambery, hazelnuty, rich-looking masterpiece. It comes in with a like amber like color and a really, kind of hazelnuty, if that's a word, color. Again, this bready kind of color.

Let's get a taste, cheers. Man, I can taste the yeastiness. The bubblegumminess.

Ok, I have to stop. My mom is about to kick me out of the basement. On the back-end, it's not really bitter. I has this lovely, velvety mouthfeel. It has the perfect balance of hop character and malty, breadiness. It's like some kind of freshly-baked bread fruit-punch kind of action. Juicy Fruit bubblegum, or something.

Best review I've got so far. I actually added bubblegum into the mash. When I transferred to secondary I threw in a packet of kool aid. Impressed that you picked that up. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Buzzed as hell and the tailgate hasn't even begun. ****.

Listening to some Beenie Man.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413567622.600251.jpg

There's also a google group email from Princeton Homebrew I think, but he only seems to sell it in prepackaged sets of 5-6 at a time. If you're interested, PM me and I'll forward the info when I'm back at my computer.

I saw that and I tried to sign up, but I don't think it worked. I'll have to try again later. Thanks!

We'll see. :) I was thinking of maybe going to check out Black Hog next weekend.

msg sent. We can go to both of the breweries, bro. And I have a ton of new **** for you to try...I mean JUDGE. :D

Did you lost this?! ;)

Probably! Usually it is just one source where I get e-mails and I feel I need to decode them. Now it was an entire meeting and when I asked a question, it was pretty much radio silence. So instead of asking another question, I opened a beer. Seemed to actually make more sense. :D

Tough day. Glad it is nearly over.

I just ordered the De Bom Wyeast PC sour mix which sounds pretty awesome. Im sure it will make a nice sour and it says it takes less time than normal. Cant wait to use that sucker. :D

Cool, I might try WLP655 since they have it in stock at my LHBS, haven't decided. Maybe Channel66 has a good sour blend? Hahaha

Well I will definitely be more than happy to *judge* anything you want me to. :) Please tell me you have a bottle of the cherry quad left for me.

I have about 20 left. Get down here before they're gone. ;)

Probably! Usually it is just one source where I get e-mails and I feel I need to decode them. Now it was an entire meeting and when I asked a question, it was pretty much radio silence. So instead of asking another question, I opened a beer. Seemed to actually make more sense. :D

Tough day. Glad it is nearly over.

Wow, look at you. :fro:

The day has been over since 10:30 a.m. God, I hate beer. Why the **** did I join this forum?

Haha I am still waiting for that AS11 he promised me. Im not sure it will be viable once USPS finally gets it to me. :drunk:

UPS? I thought it was coming via a DeLorean equipped with a flux capacitor! :D

So, I I drink this while looking in a mirror and say Oerbier three times (in between sips) will I see a mutant hybrid of fins & Gabe staring back? :shudder:

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413574485.024841.jpg

So, I I drink this while looking in a mirror and say Oerbier three times (in between sips) will I see a mutant hybrid of fins & Gabe staring back? :shudder:

View attachment 230066

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH a DeLorean

No....I will appear behind you though. :D How is that holding up? I opened my last in August and it was started to fade I thought.

New to home brewing and loving my IPA !!! Thanks Edwort😜
This ipa is awesome nice Carmel taste with some bitterness on the back and loads of orange!

Firing up the egg for some chops too👽
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413574723.206822.jpg

Lacing up the yin yang....lol

View attachment 230066

not bad with a best before back in June. Vanilla has faded and the roasted malts prominent - but that's not all bad.

Back