What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised by this one. Very balanced estery Belgian style ale with great hoppy aroma but not too much clashing hop bitterness. Not really an IPA by any stretch of the imagination.
jbndUsFmWg6hT.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413507922.870839.jpg off color brewing fierce. Quite tasty much sweeter than I was expecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You will next week. :D

Oh yeah!

I am not sure what the word for my current condition is. I want to say drunk but it seems like smacked is more popular.

Finishing off a Pliny but need water badly. Home has been rough tonight.

Heady is legit. I have only had 4 sent to me on a trade, but for my taste it's worlds better than Pliny. I think Pliny was all the rage when DIPA and IIPAs started to make a showing.

But Heady is just such a better balanced beer with a much more fresh flavor. Wish it was more available here in the West but I understand. But.....I'm sure someone feels the opposite of me. It's just my opinion haha.

Heady is just better but both are different and hard to compare.
View attachment 229903

Not really hard to compare at all. Pliny=overhyped, overrated, mediocre at best "DIPA" and inferior to heady in every way. Heady=awesome hop bomb that meets or exceeds the hype and superior to Pliny in every way. Glad I could clear that up for you. :p

Drinking iced tea. Sick as a dog and just finished a marathon grilling session after I discovered the door to our freezer had been left cracked and a lot of stuff was thawed or partially frozen. So, instead of refreezing at the risk of getting sick later or throwing it all out, we decided to cook it all before refreezing and eat it within a month or so. 28 deer/bacon patties, backstrap, tenderloins, roasts, ribs and a chicken. Thankfully a good amount stayed frozen and I didn't have to cook more. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413510965.632715.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1413511011.991284.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1413511044.056241.jpg

I think I'll watch the rest of the game through this beer. Oh wait, it's freakin delicious and I'm almost done with it
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413512336.180959.jpg

Not really hard to compare at all. Pliny=overhyped, overrated, mediocre at best "DIPA" and inferior to heady in every way. Heady=awesome hop bomb that meets or exceeds the hype and superior to Pliny in every way. Glad I could clear that up for you. :p

Drinking iced tea. Sick as a dog suffering from Ebola and just finished a marathon grilling session after I discovered the door to our freezer had been left cracked and a lot of stuff was thawed or partially frozen. So, instead of refreezing at the risk of getting sick later or throwing it all out, we decided to cook it all before refreezing and eat it within a month or so. 28 deer/bacon patties, backstrap, tenderloins, roasts, ribs and a chicken. Thankfully a good amount stayed frozen and I didn't have to cook more. View attachment 229920View attachment 229921View attachment 229922

Started with a founders BIPA, then to a 2 hearted, then to a Rampant, then back to the BIPA, and now on a lagunitas imperial red. 30 min left in the boil.

At BJCP class earlier, Dos Equis Amber, someone's HB Vienna Lager, GL Elliot Ness, Paulaner O-Fest, San Miguel Cerveza Negra, Flensburger Dunkel, Hofbräu Dunkel, HB Schwarzbier, Köstritzer, Einbecker Mai-Ur-Bock, and then Weihenstephaner Korbinian.

Back at home and drinking root beer while scanning the scoresheets of the HB Vienna to email to guy before going to bed.

Back