What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413516496.972063.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Urban chestnut STLIPA after a couple of Riggazi fishbowls of their nut brown.

No photo, too lazy.

I've tried that (STLIPA) a couple of times now. Hate it. Maybe it's the way Florian wants us all to accept it as a thing (pronounced Sta-lee-pah"). Anyway, they're trying a German-themed IPA now. It's called Hopfen.

View attachment 229970

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Not a bad first post. I take it you're from the PNW?? Try downloading the app called "Snapseed" and you can touch up your photos before posting. If you care haha. Welcome to the thread.

Finishing my Westmalle and going to hit a pour of Bourbon to celebrate the Giants win!!!

Back home from the NC State Fair...Vanilla Ice puts on a surprisingly entertaining show, won a first place for my crab apple jelly, and I'm drinking my chilled hydro sample from bottling my Scottish Samhain Pumpkin Ale earlier today...yum!

IMAG3682.jpg

IMAG3661.jpg

DSC05943.jpg

Not a bad first post. I take it you're from the PNW?? Try downloading the app called "Snapseed" and you can touch up your photos before posting. If you care haha. Welcome to the thread.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413518448.039733.jpgFinishing my Westmalle and going to hit a pour of Bourbon to celebrate the Giants win!!!

J/K...you guys did well... Here's to next year. Finishing my beer and going to bed.

Finishing my Westmalle and going to hit a pour of Bourbon to celebrate the Giants win!!!

Cheers!!! Sooo pumped!!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413518984.181471.jpg

Hahaha, nice meme. Cosby?? Thats great. Its going to be a great series. The Royals are dominating in the postseason.

For sure. Giants had a great series and their win was well-deserved; I'm happy either way with the World Series!
Ready for my other teams:

Let's Go Blues!
Go Bulls!
Go Pack Go!

I've tried that (STLIPA) a couple of times now. Hate it. Maybe it's the way Florian wants us all to accept it as a thing (pronounced Sta-lee-pah"). Anyway, they're trying a German-themed IPA now. It's called Hopfen.

I don't hate it, but won't buy it again unless it's only thing around. Debated going with it vs the schafleys t-IPA that I've had before.

Nightcap. This is my moms idea of craft beer, but it's free.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413521291.799722.jpg

More Coff.

Just saw two Bobcats about 40 feet from me. Grabbed my slr and shot a few pics.

Have any of you guys used east coast yeast? How do you get it? Do you have to get lucky with your timing at a LHBS, or is there a secret handshake that I need to know? I want to try brewing a sour with their bugfarm or something similar.

Thanks in advance, I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

Back home from the NC State Fair...Vanilla Ice puts on a surprisingly entertaining show, won a first place for my crab apple jelly, and I'm drinking my chilled hydro sample from bottling my Scottish Samhain Pumpkin Ale earlier today...yum!
Congrats! I loved that jelly and finished it. Normally I don't finish jelly and it goes bad but this was really good, I just had to.
Water after a run. My wife got this email yesterday:
hahah WTF? Seriously, is that also Comic Sans? Someone should punch that data processor in the throat.

Coffee, water...

hahah WTF? Seriously, is that also Comic Sans? Someone should punch that data processor in the throat.

Haha yeah! Apparently it's supposed to be Cuuum. As in short for Cumulative. But still. That's ridiculous and she should be written up. I'm not buying ignorance. They should throw the book at her, and it should be a dictionary.

Have any of you guys used east coast yeast? How do you get it? Do you have to get lucky with your timing at a LHBS, or is there a secret handshake that I need to know? I want to try brewing a sour with their bugfarm or something similar.

Thanks in advance, I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

I have - made my quad with their Belgian Abbae Yeast (Chimay strain,) BugFarm in my lambic and BugCountry in a sour saison barrel group brew I did. The only real way to get it is to check Love2Brew.com early and often. They are the only source for homebrewers that I'm aware of (unless you connect with him directly at a conference.) They had bugfarm a couple of weeks back and ChefRex (I think?) posted it and I saw it early enough to grab a vial to use for next year's batch of lambic. I'd also advise liking ECY page on Facebook because he frequently posts when he's making a batch of yeast for homebrew packaging - that helps you to increase the refresh frequency on Love2Brew.

Coffee. Finally had a night with no plans so I made some pizza, sat in the chair and passed out. No regrets on that. Luckily, my internet swami had good news for me this morning...

I Predice Beer in your Future.jpg

I have - made my quad with their Belgian Abbae Yeast (Chimay strain,) BugFarm in my lambic and BugCountry in a sour saison barrel group brew I did. The only real way to get it is to check Love2Brew.com early and often. They are the only source for homebrewers that I'm aware of (unless you connect with him directly at a conference.) They had bugfarm a couple of weeks back and ChefRex (I think?) posted it and I saw it early enough to grab a vial to use for next year's batch of lambic. I'd also advise liking ECY page on Facebook because he frequently posts when he's making a batch of yeast for homebrew packaging - that helps you to increase the refresh frequency on Love2Brew.QUOTE]

Great, thanks!

Can you recommend any WL/Wyeast substitutes in the meantime?

I have - made my quad with their Belgian Abbae Yeast (Chimay strain,) BugFarm in my lambic and BugCountry in a sour saison barrel group brew I did. The only real way to get it is to check Love2Brew.com early and often. They are the only source for homebrewers that I'm aware of (unless you connect with him directly at a conference.) They had bugfarm a couple of weeks back and ChefRex (I think?) posted it and I saw it early enough to grab a vial to use for next year's batch of lambic. I'd also advise liking ECY page on Facebook because he frequently posts when he's making a batch of yeast for homebrew packaging - that helps you to increase the refresh frequency on Love2Brew.QUOTE]

Great, thanks!

I don't have any experience with Wyeast/WL sours - yet. I have an 5223-PC L. Brevis smack-pack and a vial of WLP-644 Brett Bruxewllensis trois to use soon. I'm going to brew something this weekend and at the moment I'm torn between a Berliner Weisse, a Flanders or doing a RIS so I have some when my current stock is gone. You could try to PM Gabe - I think he's used some of the stock WL/Wyeast mixes and can give some assistance there.

I got a sour blend from WL in the fridge. I need to brew something for that one. I dont know when the next time I can do that. I need to brew a double sour brew day. Got a sour yeast cake i need to take an advantage of.

I don't have any experience with Wyeast/WL sours - yet. I have an 5223-PC L. Brevis smack-pack and a vial of WLP-644 Brett Bruxewllensis trois to use soon. I'm going to brew something this weekend and at the moment I'm torn between a Berliner Weisse, a Flanders or doing a RIS so I have some when my current stock is gone.

Thanks and happy brewing! I've got the bug (pun intended) to brew soon.

You could try to PM Gabe - I think he's used some of the stock WL/Wyeast mixes and can give some assistance there.

Oerbier
Oerbier
Oerbier

Great, thanks!

I just ordered the De Bom Wyeast PC sour mix which sounds pretty awesome. Im sure it will make a nice sour and it says it takes less time than normal. Cant wait to use that sucker. :D

Just tasted my red IPA for the first time. I'm pretty hard on my beers, but this one turned out fantastic. Pic to come later. Used a slant that missedtheapex sent me of 1217 in a trade. Great yeast.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413563228.325074.jpg

:wrist flick thingy: Hey dare, gaiz. Remmy with another review here. So let's jump right into it.

This is hawgwild's Biere de Garde. It comes in at 7.2% ABV. It's rotational - he brews it when he can.

:wipes the glass: So, this beer is absolutely gorgeous. It is this beautiful, this, ambery, hazelnuty, rich-looking masterpiece. It comes in with a like amber like color and a really, kind of hazelnuty, if that's a word, color. Again, this bready kind of color.

Let's get a taste, cheers. Man, I can taste the yeastiness. The bubblegumminess.

Ok, I have to stop. My mom is about to kick me out of the basement. On the back-end, it's not really bitter. I has this lovely, velvety mouthfeel. It has the perfect balance of hop character and malty, breadiness. It's like some kind of freshly-baked bread fruit-punch kind of action. Juicy Fruit bubblegum, or something.

After doing some research this morning, I decided to do a big RIS this weekend. Take a break for nourishment over lunch now. Sly Fox Chester County Brown from the cask. Reminding me of my England vacation!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413563443.196164.jpg

Oh - and picking up some BA Nihlist RIS since I'm here and there is no line... :D

Back