What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dessert!

image-434448238.jpg

Nice! I'm supposed to be getting one from Nizzle. I can't wait!

I think you will enjoy it. Nice IPA base and the bourbon aging comes through in the aroma and flavor.

Sure wish the mobile app had a like, you guys have been drinking some good beers today. Did a Homebrew fest / fundraiser today and Scott Jennings from Sierra Nevada picked my funky blackberry stout as his prize winning beer out of 100+! 7 year vertical of Bigfoot starting 05 and tons of Sierra schwag. My head is practically floating my body off the ground right now!

Congrats and Prost! Awesome to get that kind of feedback!

Nice! I was at a Hooker Brewing tour recently where we got to try a beer from the fermenter. I don't know what Zhukov is, but if you're mentioning it in this context then it's probably something special.

Zhukov is an insanely good RIS. Grab as much as you can if it is on the shelves when you're there.

Homebrew Double Chocolate Milk Stout I partial mashed based of a Cooper's Original Series Stout kit.

I'm down to 3 750ml bottles of this stuff now. It's OK but I won't be repeating the recipe exactly (if at all).

Home brewed Chinook IPA.

a little displeased with this one, honestly. it was really good and hoppy after 1 week in the bottles, but now its lost most of its hoppy aroma and flavor. oh well, going to drink it anyways. the beer is still good, just not quite as hoppy as it once was..

Nunner said:
I agree drink it, if you wanna trade I can get you a replacement easy

I know this stuff is awesome!! I had it on tap in Pittsburgh. So I grabbed their last bottle off the shelf. I don't know how often FW makes to PGH shelves, but I don't make my way down that way too often anyway. So, it's not too often that I get a beer that is worthy of trade bait, so I thought I might trade it for something I can't get round these parts. Just thought I'd be nice and share my riches. But if yinz guys want me to enjoy it, I'm not gonna argue too much!! :)

tyzippers said:
I know this stuff is awesome!! I had it on tap in Pittsburgh. So I grabbed their last bottle off the shelf. I don't know how often FW makes to PGH shelves, but I don't make my way down that way too often anyway. So, it's not too often that I get a beer that is worthy of trade bait, so I thought I might trade it for something I can't get round these parts. Just thought I'd be nice and share my riches. But if yinz guys want me to enjoy it, I'm not gonna argue too much!! :)

Definitely drink it.

My red rice wine. It stalled, so it looks like a strawberry smoothie, but it tastes good.

My APA vs. Grand Teton Brewing Co. Sweetgrass APA. Mines 62 IBU and 5.6%. And GTBC APA is 60 IBU and 6.0%.

ForumRunner_20130525_213626.jpg

Both have a huge hop nose and huge hop start and finish. Thought I would share.

Thats the spirit! Drink it and let me know if you want some more! Promise I wont charge to too much more for being a Pittsburgh fan. (Born in Philly)

WesleyS said:
Yeah, I think interesting is what I would use to describe that one. I remember it tasting like a flavorless beer mixed with whiskey.

Pretty much my exact thought.

Picked all these up today. Never had any of them before. I feel like I did pretty good for 60 bucks.

ForumRunner_20130525_212911.jpg

Drinking the leftovers after bottling my Coffee Bender clone. Haven't had the original, but this one tastes pretty darn good! :ban:

Also sampled my barleywine which has been sitting on rum soaked oak cubes for 2 weeks. It's good, but I think I'll leave it for another 1-2 weeks.

Also enjoying the cacao nibs from said Coffee Bender over some greek yogurt.

Having a Modelo after a brutal work out (training for the Tough Mudder in September). I'm gonna try to cut way back on my beer intake for a while (I want to drop about 30 or 40 pounds before the Mudder). Off to bed now, so I can go for a 3 mile run in the morning, and maybe work on my chest and triceps before work tomorrow (if I can even walk after today's work out)...

Having a Modelo after a brutal work out (training for the Tough Mudder in September). (if I can even walk after today's work out)...

Good luck with your training! I recently signed up for Tough Mudder in October. I need to have races on the calendar as motivation.

BGBC said:
Good luck with your training! I recently signed up for Tough Mudder in October. I need to have races on the calendar as motivation.

Which one are you going to? I think ours is in Kansas City. It'll definately be a good time. I'm bringing a keg of cream ale for our team's after party.
Having another Modelo (what can I say, it's good to drink something similar to water, once in a while)...

Which one are you going to? I think ours is in Kansas City. It'll definately be a good time. I'm bringing a keg for our team's after party...

We're doing the Tri-state one, in NJ. At least three people on our team are homebrewers, but I don't think anyone kegs yet. I'm sure we'll figure something out tho, haha.

Which one are you going to? I think ours is in Kansas City. It'll definately be a good time. I'm bringing a keg of cream ale for our team's after party.
Having another Modelo (what can I say, it's good to drink something similar to water, once in a while)...

Its a decent Vienna, pretty far from water like I think

Last of the bottling remnants from my Smoked Porters. This one's 1 Jalapeno, 1 Serrano, 1 Habanero AND 1/2 Bhut Jolokia in 1 gallon. Not as hot as I expected, but still not for the timid.

Results across the board were surprising. Previous ones were 2 Jalapenos in 1 gallon (hotter than expected), 2 Serranos in 1 gallon (much milder than expected), 1 Habanero in 1 gallon (about what I expected) and 1/2 Bhut Jolokia in 1 gallon (milder than I expected).

BGBC said:
We're doing the Tri-state one, in NJ. At least three people on our team are homebrewers, but I don't think anyone kegs yet. I'm sure we'll figure something out tho, haha.

Nice! You're gonna have fun with that one. One of my teammates finished the one in Ohio, and is acting as an advisor for the rest of our team for the next one in KC. It's gonna be a blast, for sure.
I'm sure bottles will work just as good as kegs :tank: just think of all the empty's you can bring back for another brew day...

Ostomo517 said:
Its a decent Vienna, pretty far from water like I think

I would normally agree, but after drinking 8% IIPA for the past few days, it definitely seems water-like to me. Thankfully, I didn't have to buy Corona, or BL. I'd drink real water before that (ok, well maybe not, but I probably would at least seriously think about it for a minute).

Back