What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure wish the mobile app had a like, you guys have been drinking some good beers today. Did a Homebrew fest / fundraiser today and Scott Jennings from Sierra Nevada picked my funky blackberry stout as his prize winning beer out of 100+! 7 year vertical of Bigfoot starting 05 and tons of Sierra schwag. My head is practically floating my body off the ground right now!

Nice!!! Congrats sounds like a awesome prize to boot!

Wookey Jack after a day of yard work. I love this stuff!

ForumRunner_20130525_191559.jpg

g-love said:

Wooooookkkkeeeeeyyyyy!!!!!!

Sorry, it's mandatory I do that when someone mentions the Wook. ;)

Sure wish the mobile app had a like, you guys have been drinking some good beers today. Did a Homebrew fest / fundraiser today and Scott Jennings from Sierra Nevada picked my funky blackberry stout as his prize winning beer out of 100+! 7 year vertical of Bigfoot starting 05 and tons of Sierra schwag. My head is practically floating my body off the ground right now!

I don't think I ever really wanted to punch you in the balls repeatedly until now. congrats, brofish!:rockin:

Goose Island IPA with dinner. Cornmeal and beer battered catfish and beer boiled shrimp.
The English style IPA goes nice with this.

image-481394680.jpg

bobeck said:
i saw this today down in bennington and decided on long trail maple maibock for today and the lost nation for tomorrow

Had it on tap. Not as sour off the bat. After a couple sips I noticed it to be more sour!

Foley brothers - native brown out of Brandon Vermont. First brown ale I've had i think, or at least one that tastes like this. Tastes like a watered down hazelnut coffee!

Maumee Bay Brewing Company IPA. I usually don't care for IPAs, I like hops but I don't want to chew on them:p, but this one is balanced nicely.

g-love said:

I have a bottle in my cellar I've been saving for a trade, but nobody seemed interested. I'm thinking I might crack it open, unless, you know, someone wants to trade...

DisturbdChemist said:
Me no paying for expensive sh*tty beer. Concert should start soon.. hopefullybi dont have to urinate

You mean you're not going to buy one of those huge @$$ cans of corona for $10? ;)

Finishing off the few IPAs left from last night while watching the hawks-wings game. Voodo 4 seasons and a Sierra Nevada Torpedo. Later on, we have the Dragon's Milk on deck.

One of my guys gave me this, Kentucky bourbon barrel ale. It's a crazy 8.4%, smells like shot, tastes like one too. Interesting to say the least.

image-2189056668.jpg

TangoHotel said:
I drink michigan beer in illinois because illinois doesn't make anything good That I have tried. That and its hard to find anything 3 Floyds.

Revolution, Two Brothers, Goose Island(the stuff that's still brewed there). That's all good Illinois beer.
And Three Floyds is actually Indiana beer. ;)
Sorry, just being a smarta$$

smartin73 said:
One of my guys gave me this, Kentucky bourbon barrel ale. It's a crazy 8.4%, smells like shot, tastes like one too. Interesting to say the least.

Yeah, I think interesting is what I would use to describe that one. I remember it tasting like a flavorless beer mixed with whiskey.

You're right. I type after a few brews, and stronger ones at that! I've only had a few from Revolution, and I was less than impressed. I've had Two Brothers everything. A buddy of mine works there. Ill retract my previous statement for Two Brothers and for the specialty line at Goose Island. Since GI was sold to budweiser, I have been very hesitant to give my money there. There's a few nano and micros in IL too, but you have to go there to get it, and I needed somehing quickfast for the Hawks game.

Yes, 3 Floyds is from Indiana. I love their beer. I just wish is was 5 miles to the west...

Bos Wildflower Mead. It's nice. Their black pepper mead has a quirky taste, which I can only take in rare doses.

I'm disappointed in the lack of good lagers in the craft brew scene. They all seem to be some ale of some sort. Don't get me wrong, I like ales, but sometimes you want a lager. German Oktoberfestbier is one of the finest beers I can have in the early autumn, and a pilsner, coupled with a piece of pan-fried haddock, and a homemade coleslaw, is a brilliant way to spend a hot summer's day; I went to the liquor store today, and I was awash in a sea of ales, white wines and Rum Chata. Nothing special in the lager camp, though.

By the way, Bos is a Madison-based meadery. Keepin' it local, as I will with the one interesting lager I did find today - a Capital Brewery offering.

Back