What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Belgium Ranger IPA. Its delicious! They use Simcoe, Chinook, Cascade. The cascade comes through in the flavor. And you get a healthy dose of Simcoe in your nose.:D

Stopped at my favorite cheap and plentiful Mexican restaurant last night and they had Sam Addams Noble Pils on tap, had one to see how I liked it, had another because I really did like it.

Hoppin HobGoblin2 (I added the Hoppin part). Orphy's recipe, I accidentally trippled the hops. Bittering is falling off, just a bit, after two weeks in the keg. I am now enjoying it a whole lot more since I am getting the flavoring and aroma hops. Got a sixer of Sam's Boston Lager while getting fuel ( I love that sheet! ).

Hoppin HobGoblin2 (I added the Hoppin part). Orphy's recipe, I accidentally trippled the hops. Bittering is falling off, just a bit, after two weeks in the keg. I am now enjoying it a whole lot more since I am getting the flavoring and aroma hops. Got a sixer of Sam's Boston Lager while getting fuel ( I love that sheet! ).

LMAO, was that from trying to convert his recipe from metric? Did you wind up with an OG of 1.250 as well?

Ninkasi Oatis Oatmeal Stout

http://www.ninkasibrewing.com/beers.php

Aroma is roasty with a coffee note. No noticeable hops. Jet black with a tan head that dissipated to a thin ring of tight bubbles around the top of the glass. Flavor is assertive in the roast with a large bittersweet chocolate note in the finish. Just enough sweetness to round out the roast. Some hop bitterness, but no real hop flavor. Some biscuit notes once it warms up. Thick mouthfeel, very chewy, and a little slick from the oats. A good stout, balanced to the roasty side, but improves as it warms up. Like liquid bittersweet chocolate.

Crappy red wine (the beer choices aren't worth mentioning) on a business trip at the hotels free cocktail reception. I'll make up for the choices with a nice dinner.

Most awesome IPA !!!! My own recipe with lots of simcoe , cascade and warrior for bittering. Crystal clear, malty, hoppy nose deliciousness!! I might be biased.

Bull

Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale

From a growler fill I got at Stone during the AHA Rally on Saturday.

Possibly my all-time favorite Stone beer. A big Black IPA with a ton of hop flavor and aroma with just a hint of chocolate and roast.

For St. Patrick's Day I decided to go with a beer from a brewery whose Brewmaster is actually Irish.

Marin Brewing Co.
St. Brendan's Irish Style Red Ale

A clear burnt amber color with a small beige head. An earthy hop aroma with a touch of yeast esters, and a slight bit of caramely oxidation. Flavor is evenly balanced between the malt and hops with a touch of roast character in there. Not much crystal character in the beginning. A touch of burnt caramel comes through in the finish. Very clean malt profile and easy drinking. A slight bit of oxidation in the flavor, but I would blame the handling more than the brewer. Even though Bevmo had this in the fridge, who knows how long it had been in the back? Overall, a nice beer that is true to style and is easy drinking.

Had a few St. Paddy's day beers with the family, O'Haras Irish Red, Silver City Ridgetop Red and Guinness extra stout. Now I'm ending the night with a Hale's Mongoose IPA

Sierra Nevada Kellerweis (bavarian wheat) – Not bad for an american produced Hefe. Still like the real German stuff, but when I get a wheat beer craving I can get this at the grocery store.

Finally found a 6 pack of Widmer W'10 Pitch Black IPA here in the SF bay area.

I had one... Very Tasty. Almost worth the wait.

For St. Patrick's Day I decided to go with a beer from a brewery whose Brewmaster is actually Irish.

Marin Brewing Co.
St. Brendan's Irish Style Red Ale

A clear burnt amber color with a small beige head. An earthy hop aroma with a touch of yeast esters, and a slight bit of caramely oxidation. Flavor is evenly balanced between the malt and hops with a touch of roast character in there. Not much crystal character in the beginning. A touch of burnt caramel comes through in the finish. Very clean malt profile and easy drinking. A slight bit of oxidation in the flavor, but I would blame the handling more than the brewer. Even though Bevmo had this in the fridge, who knows how long it had been in the back? Overall, a nice beer that is true to style and is easy drinking.

I been drinking a HobGoblin that I screwed up and tripled the recipe on the hop schedule....very bitter.:rockin:

Back