What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had one of my 3 week old NorthernBrewer American Wheats tonight and holy crap, it was good, like, real good, If I had randomly gotten it at a restaurant/pub/etc I'd be like "hey, bring me another one of those" rather than "hey that wasn't bad, let me try <something else you have on tap> now".

21st Amendment Hell and High Watermelon Wheat.

Its interesting, not my first choice for a day we are getting 10 inches of snow, but good. SWMBO hates wheat beer and she really likes it, might try again in the summer.

Just put my TAD full of Cooper's Irish Stout in the fridge, already tried a couple from bottles and oh man this is definitely one of the nicest beers I've ever had, commercial or otherwise.

Just finished a bomber of Moylan's 9.2% "Triple Hoppy" IIPA.

4334084382_b5d5725a2c.jpg

(No, I don't usually take pictures of the beers I drink, it was for my photo midterm)

Just finished a bomber of Moylan's 9.2% "Triple Hoppy" IIPA.

4334084382_b5d5725a2c.jpg

(No, I don't usually take pictures of the beers I drink, it was for my photo midterm)

Had this on tap at the Rouge's Ale House in San Francisco back in June. It's a nice hoppy beer. I enjoyed it! Bought it a couple times since then.

damnit! I'm now drinking a premature apfelwein, because I'm too lazy to label my bottles. I thought I was opening an IPA. Sadly, I actually thought about dumping it...was I justified? Talk amongst yourselves.

My Northern England Brown, which has finally come in to its own after seven weeks. Despite claims to the contrary that it is a fast maturing beer, it is not that good after three or four weeks.

......Right now I'm drinking......Not a damn thing ahhh!

I'm stuck in class for a FCC license and all I can think about is the Alaskan Brewing Co. 2009 Barleywine sitting in my fridge.

damnit! I'm now drinking a premature apfelwein, because I'm too lazy to label my bottles. I thought I was opening an IPA. Sadly, I actually thought about dumping it...was I justified? Talk amongst yourselves.

Never Dump. Just drink it fast so you can move on to what you wanted.:rockin:

I'm going to get a vodka and juice so I can smell my 420 clone brewing once more and then off to bed. I need to go in early so I can get off in time to swing by the LHMS to pickup a thief and hydro test tube.

Time to gets som SG readings and perhaps a taste or two.

Right now, nothing. But I did enjoy a nice Arrogant Bastard with my mac & cheese & sausage.

5 oz of my first Sample of my very first batch of beer. I just took a SG readying at 10 day mark to see if I was good to move to secondary this weekend. And Yes I think I am. It will be two weeks in primary on Saturday evening. I started with OG of 1.050ish and I'm now at 1.018ish. Looks so pretty and smells great. Not as good as the smell coming from my 420 clone I brewed for super brew sunday.

Now for the taste well I'm no expert on home brew but I'm damn near expert on dark stouts as that is my fav and I'm something of local "Otis" around here. This has a nice taste really stout as some of the same flavors as my fav Guinness. I like it the only thing I'd say that I hope changes some with age is bitterness that hangs on for a while. I like it bitter but I like to leave after a bit.

So I'm gonna finish this. Thanks to all who suggested I get the test tube nothing like drinking beer from a test tube after a good SG reading.

Drinking Collaboration Not Litigation Batch #3. bottled a year ago. Awesome.

Paired with a lovely cracker and cheese plate, awaiting the crockpot full of goodness to be ready.

Sierra Nevada Stout. I am trying to collect enough of the short stubby bottles to bottle a full batch of beer.

New Belgium Ranger IPA - Fantastic!

I wasn't a fan of that, it lacked any upfront bitterness, only had a weird astringent aftertaste. When I was at Whole Foods looking for Pliny the Elder an employee suggested Ranger instead. I looked at him with an "are you insane?" look. However, the Ranger IPA I got was from BevMo, so the abuse could have diminished the flavor.

Polished off my SG Sample of my first batch ever "Irish Stout" & now trying a Tyskie....Okay but needs more kick the Tyskie that is.........

Back