What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate you.

****show travel week continues. Flight canceled. Spending the night in Houston (near Houston Hobby) before flying back tomorrow morning. Customer service rep kept thanking me for being so patient. I think she's been yelled at a few times today.

Water with late lunch on the way to the airport.
View attachment 261150

Hobby? yuk. To bad you are not at Bush we could have a brewski

Hate you.

****show travel week continues. Flight canceled. Spending the night in Houston (near Houston Hobby) before flying back tomorrow morning. Customer service rep kept thanking me for being so patient. I think she's been yelled at a few times today.

Water with late lunch on the way to the airport.
View attachment 261150

Good luck getting back. Never understood why people would scream at a rep like that. They didn't cause the delay, they can just get you back on track (hopefully) I was stuck in Cleveland once when a storm hit and the lady in front of me was a total "B" After she finally stormed off the agent asked me to wait one moment while she made sure that woman wouldn't fly anywhere for several days :D I laughed.

Saison with Brett, gushed a bit and then had a bit of lost phone panic for a moment;)

image.jpg

View attachment 261122
Mid week bottle shop run.

I think this SS is ready.

View attachment 261124
@AllenH?

Is that a 2012 Cynthiana? I haven't seen one of those in a long time. Looking at that pic, you could see the cage slipping off the bottle, thankfully no one got a cork to the eye. There is no telling what that's going to taste like, hopefully you like it.

Are you guys having bad weather down there? Fedex shows your box isnt even out for delivery yet, same with Wes's. More proof he screws everything up. :D

Nope. The sun is shining and 45F here. The fedex/ups are retards over here. Lazy F-ers. Yours should be there today. I havent even looked at your box. Guess i wanted to be surprised lol

Looks like it is still in Dallas. More than likely be delivered tomorrow. Should be down here tonight and on my porch tomorrow

Well, opened a bottled kombucha to see how it is. I added about a half teaspoon sugar and left out for a week and then refrigerated for two days. No carb at all, but it's nice and clear and it tastes good. Oh well. One left for you, @Hello, if you want.

IMG_20150305_164625290.jpg

Nope. The sun is shining and 45F here. The fedex/ups are retards over here. Lazy F-ers. Yours should be there today. I havent even looked at your box. Guess i wanted to be surprised lol

Looks like it is still in Dallas. More than likely be delivered tomorrow. Should be down here tonight and on my porch tomorrow

Dallas got 5-7 inches overnight, whole place shut down this morning, even though the roads are all dry now, haha

Saint Arnold Santo. Dark kolsch? Ok. Good with chips and salsa.

Dallas Love Field is surprisingly nice, better than DFW in terms of new/clean/good food.
View attachment 261171

There is a chip in the glass. Return it!!

We just got rain here. Not even close to snow/ice

Is that a 2012 Cynthiana? I haven't seen one of those in a long time. Looking at that pic, you could see the cage slipping off the bottle, thankfully no one got a cork to the eye. There is no telling what that's going to taste like, hopefully you like it.

That's what it is.

I probably didn't help matters by trying to reseat the cage/ probably jarred the cork, causing the fridge bomb.

Smells amazing. Tastes pretty good too.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1425592590.785151.jpg

What the hell haha I should have yours by the time I get home.

EDIT: delivered!

Just stopped at our big bottle shop. Time to do some shopping for a few fellow HBT'rs

Drinking a tall glass of good karma juice.

Good luck getting back. Never understood why people would scream at a rep like that. They didn't cause the delay, they can just get you back on track (hopefully) I was stuck in Cleveland once when a storm hit and the lady in front of me was a total "B" After she finally stormed off the agent asked me to wait one moment while she made sure that woman wouldn't fly anywhere for several days :D I laughed.

I think it's because they have learned that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. The customer is always right is not how it works. When working with the hospitality industry being understanding and patient seems to work far better than being a raging a-hole

I left work at 3.drove on a sheet of ice. Decided a mustang is not the car for this weather so parked it and walled the remaining 2.5 miles home. Wish I remembered to pull out my camera. People are idiots to be out in this. Now for a hot shower and something to warm me up inside.

FYI, Jester King posted their Das Uberkind base saison recipe on their website. Pretty basic and flexible recipe, but it's interesting to read for their process and philosophy.

View attachment 261182
Second deviant dale's the flavor Kind of reminds me of the taste I had in my mouth when my wife sprayed hair spray while I was in the bathroom with her and some of it got in my mouth.

I was disappointed in that one too. I suppose they are allowed one fail as they do have a great line across a lot of styles.

Swmbo gave me her glass of lager and opted for a ninkasi India red. I want to switch to stouts but need to find some hops for her.

Latest posts

Back