What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very watery mouth feel and I got no vanilla at all just a **** beer imo!

Thats odd. The beer finishes pretty high gravity wise and has a huge vanilla aroma/taste in it. I just recently heard that their demand is so high they have been contract brewing to meet quotas. Maybe this came from one of the other breweries making it. I've certainly never had a thin buffalo sweat. :confused:

so-damn-hotttt.gif

45 degrees next week.

Just ran across a list of the best beer in every state... first, this list is bunk in my state at least cause there is a long list of better beer than Dark Lord... second, the fact that I have only had 11 of the beers listed makes me want to cry.

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-beers-in-the-us-2014-10?op=1

I'm at 14 so I won't cry as hard. I've sent two of the best from my state as extras in MAWs, although I think whether it's better than Ghost in the Machine is probably debatable.

You make all grain beers right? Why not just make a starter wort with a 2-row mash and if you fall short, raise the gravity with the DME? Has to be better than malta good at least.

I do. Good idea, all I have extra around here is specialty malt though. I also had already been to the store so I might as well give it a whirl.

I wouldn't worry about it. I had some expired yeast that yeastcalc.co said had 0% viability. 2 L starter went fine and fermented a 1.082 beer down to 1.008 with no trouble. I would just make a 2 L starter with your ~5.25 oz of DME and call it good.

Dully noted.

My main constraint was fighting time. Had I gone to the HB store earlier I could have just stepped the starter up, and that would be that. Here's some pics of "starter day" What a friggin mess lol.

View attachment 1425582355537.jpg

View attachment 1425582371056.jpg

View attachment 1425582384640.jpg

So did I. I've got some Miller Lite triple IPA in my fridge at home...

" CALIFORNIA: Santa Rosa's Russian River Brewing is famous for its 11% imperial IPA Pliny the Younger. The brewery calls it a triple IPA because it's hopped three times."

I lol'd.

I read the article and thought... Every beer Ive ever had must be a triple IPA then. Ha! I wanted to lol, but I smh'd instead :drunk:

I do. Good idea, all I have extra around here is specialty malt though. I also had already been to the store so I might as well give it a whirl.

Dully noted.

My main constraint was fighting time. Had I gone to the HB store earlier I could have just stepped the starter up, and that would be that. Here's some pics of "starter day" What a friggin mess lol.
Mmmmm, Please let us know how this works out.
Tasted Malta years ago, didn't do a thing for me, good luck:D

That reminds me, I need to dry hop my miller lite clone today.

Three o'clock is taking too long to get here.

It is taking too long - so I'm just saying screw it. This is awesome - even if the name doesn't live up to today's weather. Thanks @nukebrewer
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1425583323.780258.jpg

Snow is still falling. I'm waiting until it is done before clearing it. At least it's pretty.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1425583364.648110.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1425583436.770541.jpg

One of the benefits of working from home is being able to grab beer mail off the porch before it freezes. Am I right @Remmy ?!

Tasted Malta years ago, didn't do a thing for me, good luck:D

Thanks man. I'll let you know how it turns out. It seemed to be ok for starter wort. I also put in the rest of my DME and water, so there will be some type of starter in there. I plan on cold crashing before pitching so none of that junk gets into the sweet sweet wort.

It is taking too long - so I'm just saying screw it. This is awesome - even if the name doesn't live up to today's weather. Thanks @nukebrewer

View attachment 261115

Snow is still falling. I'm waiting until it is done before clearing it. At least it's pretty.

View attachment 261116

View attachment 261120

One of the benefits of working from home is being able to grab beer mail off the porch before it freezes. Am I right @Remmy ?!

You're on a floccing roll with these beers, man.

Beer mail is always good. Good thing you grabbed whatever landed on that porch. It's cold as hell here at the moment. The temperature dropped more than 10 degrees since this morning.

**** it. I need another beer.

" CALIFORNIA: Santa Rosa's Russian River Brewing is famous for its 11% imperial IPA Pliny the Younger. The brewery calls it a triple IPA because it's hopped three times."

I lol'd.

View attachment 261122
Mid week bottle shop run.

I think this SS is ready.

View attachment 261124
@AllenH?

I'm not nearly the expert that @AllenH is, but I wouldn't attempt to pack that one in my luggage to take on a plane. I'd have it before I left :D

Oh, and @Remmy - mull over what I said while you drink your Battletoad II

View attachment 261122
Mid week bottle shop run.

I think this SS is ready.

View attachment 261124
@AllenH?

I'm not nearly the expert that @AllenH is, but I wouldn't attempt to pack that one in my luggage to take on a plane. I'd have it before I left :D

Oh, and @Remmy - mull over what I said while you drink your Battletoad II

Holy ****!

Apparently it was more than ready. Moments after that pic was taken I heard a pop in the mini fridge. That's fine. Had intended to drink it later today anyway. Just needs to chill a bit. Smells great!

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1425584681.878093.jpginvasion now

More water...beer tonight, though.

That was a first. Client just walked in, with cash, and insisted on paying more than what he was billed.

More water...beer tonight, though.

That was a first. Client just walked in, with cash, and insisted on paying more than what he was billed.

Law school pays off. Liar.

Apparently it was more than ready. Moments after that pic was taken I heard a pop in the mini fridge. That's fine. Had intended to drink it later today anyway. Just needs to chill a bit. Smells great!

View attachment 261129invasion now

Almost lost an eye on that one. Lucky man.

My usual spot was taken. Fins - i got your nightmare.

St Bretta Autumn

I'm always jealous. Why does crooked stave in Denver?

Back