What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An over carbed IPA straggler :rockin:

image.jpg

Just finished the Steinpilz Gose brew...still need to clean some stuff, but I'm hungry! Coke Zero now...beer in a little while.

Hit the numbers on the mash. Thought I overshot the volume, but wound up with about 5.75 gallons instead of 5.5, so that's ok. For some reason, my OG was 1.054, instead of 1.045...that's pretty far off. Should I have mashed the acidulated malt by itself, instead of adding it to the other grain that had already gone for 60? So the acidulated mashed for 45 minutes, but the rest of the grain got 1 hour 45 minutes. Hmmm. Flavor seems good, as far as I can tell.

IMG_20150221_162835127.jpg

Dude it break again? I lost my shovel the other day. It sucks. Hope you're in for the night, roads are sloppy.

It broke more a few days ago. Tried to find parts but it's $200+ and a week or so to get them. Thinking it's time to buy a new one and strap the new motor I got to an old lawnmower in the garage. :( ****.

Nitro pour of my black IPA. After a quick @bucknuts while dumping grain.

View attachment 258342
View attachment 258345

It certainly doesn't look like you @Bucknuts 'd in the snow. More like this.

Attachments

• 1424556362746.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 72
Pour #2 of Druid Fluid. Pretty tasty.

And I figured out why my snowblower wasn't moving after I got the new motor all set. :mad:
You got a link to the part, not 100% what I'm looking at, might be able to give you an idea. Is it possible to flip that part? Looks to me the fork should push the pully out?
Overcarbed, says you? Looks just about right to me...

Still tasty, second with a very gentile pour, better results:D

Nursing this Breakfast Stout because it's poker night. Not big stakes, but I have more fun if I have my wits about me. Picked up some All Day IPA so I can drink a sixer at the table without being stupid.

@Hello , Chemex? How do you find it? I've always used a French Press but am curious about the Chemex or similar drip.

Well, if I put it away where it belongs then I find it very easily when I want it again.

But really, I've never been a fan of french press. I always wound up with grounds in my cup. I love this thing. It's so simple and the coffee is only as good as the beans you buy. That is true of french press too, but I just love this little thing. I would do pour-over over french press any day of the week. I usually use it on weekends only because I have a Nespresso for quick strong coffee during the week.

Speaking of...about to go open a beer.

That sucks man. If ever need a hand I got ya!

View attachment 258354

My last Dankosaurus.

It sucks. The blow part isn't working in snowblower hahaha.

You got a link to the part, not 100% what I'm looking at, might be able to give you an idea. Is it possible to flip that part? Looks to me the fork should push the pully out?

Still tasty, second with a very gentile pour, better results:D

It's the jaw coupling and jaw clutch that broke on my ariens 910962 & 910995 circa 1970-71 model. Tried on craigslist to check for replacement parts on the cheap but the one guy's model wasn't compatible. There's supposed to be 2 metal pieces on each side that interlock when the clutch is engaged and both are missing one giant hunk of metal each.
Picture is the motor side, other was was the snowblower side.

Attachments

• 1424557772353.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 67
Nursing this Breakfast Stout because it's poker night. Not big stakes, but I have more fun if I have my wits about me. Picked up some All Day IPA so I can drink a sixer at the table without being stupid.

Try 6 Gandhi-Bots. You'll be fine. Trust me.

It sucks. The blow part isn't working in snowblower hahaha.

It's the jaw coupling and jaw clutch that broke on my ariens 910962 & 910995 circa 1970-71 model. Tried on craigslist to check for replacement parts on the cheap but the one guy's model wasn't compatible. There's supposed to be 2 metal pieces on each side that interlock when the clutch is engaged and both are missing one giant hunk of metal each.
Picture is the motor side, other was was the snowblower side.

Gotcha, not seeing a hack there:(

Hahaha... @Remmy ...I went on a beer run about an hour ago and it was actually above freezing out. Totally should have done an AG brew today. Damn you, lost opportunities.

Hahaha... @Remmy ...I went on a beer run about an hour ago and it was actually above freezing out. Totally should have done an AG brew today. Damn you, lost opportunities.

It's all good. Let's just say I beat you today.

Making pastrami and mashed-potato pizza. I am fat for a day. I love it.

Well, if I put it away where it belongs then I find it very easily when I want it again.

But really, I've never been a fan of french press. I always wound up with grounds in my cup. I love this thing. It's so simple and the coffee is only as good as the beans you buy. That is true of french press too, but I just love this little thing. I would do pour-over over french press any day of the week. I usually use it on weekends only because I have a Nespresso for quick strong coffee during the week.

Speaking of...about to go open a beer.

I truly wish that was the case with me, I can never find anything, even when I know I put it away in a sensible place.

I have a good French Press or 3 and am generally very happy, but the pour over does sound good!

It's all good. Let's just say I beat you today.

Making pastrami and mashed-potato pizza. I am fat for a day. I love it.

I've been trying not to eat like an ******* lately but today was a fail on that front. Just polished off a whole package of jalapeno cheese sausages and cracking open another FBS.

I've been trying not to eat like an ******* lately but today was a fail on that front. Just polished off a whole package of jalapeno cheese sausages and cracking open another FBS.

I've eaten like an ******* the last 5-6 months, almost exclusively when I am under the influence. Otherwise, I eat clean. I wouldn't feel bad. Those sounds like they're worth it.

Interesting combo, any sauce, cheese?

Yes. Fire-roasted pizza sauce, roasted red peppers along with shredded provolone and mozzarella. I'll show you pics when I have a water. I'm not ready for a water right now. I'm ready for another 7 beers.

I truly wish that was the case with me, I can never find anything, even when I know I put it away in a sensible place.

I have a good French Press or 3 and am generally very happy, but the pour over does sound good!

It's just simplistic yet elegant. I like the concept of Chemex.

Back