What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys ever think that maybe there's more to life than drinking really, really, really, ridiculously good beer?

Because drinking and six-figure salaries get boring, no?

Weren't you brewing today? What's going on, dude?

Not today. Just soon. It's like it just occurred to me that I could use extract and not brew in -20°F temps. I'll pick up a PM or extract recipe next week sometime.

Not today. Just soon. It's like it just occurred to me that I could use extract and not brew in -20°F temps. I'll pick up a PM or extract recipe next week sometime.

I can't say I've ever been in -20F temps. -10F, even. But it's snowing like a mother****er right now and I'm brewing. Also brewed last week when it was 4F. Wasn't so bad. I don't have to watch the entire boil so I don't have to be outside much.

I can't say I've ever been in -20F temps. -10F, even. But it's snowing like a mother****er right now and I'm brewing. Also brewed last week when it was 4F. Wasn't so bad. I don't have to watch the entire boil so I don't have to be outside much.

It's actually up to 21 today but I hate winter. I pretty much stay indoors until the thaw.

Maybe 4 years ago when I was as obsessed with lifting as I am with brewing now. This "hobby" has not been kind to my body

^ Excuses. :D

I make it work. Get your **** together, man. :ban:

Well the brew day took a ****ty turn after I slammed my finger under a pot while cleaning, dropped the hose twice pumping massive amounts of water all over the floor and finding a scotch mark on the bottom of the kettle. However I had the best efficiency ever, hit my target volume of 5 gallons and actually over shot OG slightly.

Now my clone of fresh squeezed versus the original. The original is obviously lighter, it is on the right, I like my attempt better because it smells more fruity. If could manage to bump the IBUs down (mine are 80 and the original is less), and although they call for C80, I'll use something lower and then I would probably have a pretty damn good clone. Thank you @thatjonguy for sending these. I've only opened the box just to grab the bottle. Will open the rest shortly.

@Remmy am I too chatty? If so, I'm happy about that. :p

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1424548898.498102.jpg

You guys ever think that maybe there's more to life than drinking really, really, really, ridiculously good beer?
not for me.

Better question, why is this your last brew day for a long while?
Coffee. This morning really sucked. Like hard. Looking forward to enjoying tonight appreciating the time I have with my kids.
:( is it your nephew?

Prior to this, Shebeen has been 0 for 3 with me, but apparently they're doing well enough to keep putting out new beer. Fourth times a charm? Yeah, this one is actually pretty decent.

_DSC3974.jpg

Better question, why is this your last brew day for a long while?

It's my last brew day for a good while because I have too much damned beer. Everywhere. And I refuse to be fat. At least at my current age. Summer is just around the corner and I'm not one to wear a t-shirt in a swimming pool.

On the Hag.

I swear to God, I hate beer.

Living vicariously though you all. Dying for beer but still full of cold. Next weekend will be good!

@campbelldm1

I almost just picked that up. How is it?

Love this Dankosaurus so much. Feel like frank the tank right now. It's so good!

Back