What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! More coffee.

Oh yeah. Water. I'm going to cook breakfast since I'm mashing in way sooner than I thought I would yesterday and @mattmmille doesn't seem to even be awake so I can't come over and bug him. :)

Ok, I haven't brewed with extract in a long time but am getting the itch to brew something...without being out in the sub-zero temps. So, better option: LME or DME?

Also, for those who do PM or extract - is there a specific style that tends to turn out better than others when using extract. I have only brewed with extract twice.

Ok, I haven't brewed with extract in a long time but am getting the itch to brew something...without being out in the sub-zero temps. So, better option: LME or DME?

I brew with extract all the time. I use lme because I can buy the 3.3lb cans of briess for less than the dme. If your lhbs sells ingredients quickly it shouldn't be an issue to use lme, but if the store doesn't sell quickly buy dme as it has better shelf life.

I prefer DME just because I've had he best results with that. You can brew anything, lighter styles really benefit from adding about 75% of the extract at flameout.

Water while i get ready for my AG BIAB brew day. Brew partner is hard at work already.

0221050655.jpg

0221050705.jpg

I preferred LME mostly because the hot break was easier to control than with DME.

From the batches I've had, I remember my wheat beers turning out best.

I preferred LME mostly because the hot break was easier to control than with DME.

From the batches I've had, I remember my wheat beers turning out best.

This... So this. DME ugh.

In Designing Great Beers he states something to the effect of it's not uncommon for wheat extract beers to win competitions. I think you just have to be careful with the color and not let it get too dark. It's easy to do with LME.

Oh yeah. Water. I'm going to cook breakfast since I'm mashing in way sooner than I thought I would yesterday and @mattmmille doesn't seem to even be awake so I can't come over and bug him. :)

I'm up, I'm up!!! SWMBO just left and kids are asleep...will be pretty much as long as I let them. Having quaffi while I gather my supplies to brew. Need to look over the water requirements. Aaaaaand, the burner that my brother inlaw pretty much provides me on semi-permanent loan, was retrieved for Super Bowl wing cookery. Need to text him and go grab that. A little wash and sanitize and I'll be ready to brew. I have one bag of ice for the chill, but I think it's cold enough that it'll do!

I'm up, I'm up!!! SWMBO just left and kids are asleep...will be pretty much as long as I let them. Having quaffi while I gather my supplies to brew. Need to look over the water requirements. Aaaaaand, the burner that my brother inlaw pretty much provides me on semi-permanent loan, was retrieved for Super Bowl wing cookery. Need to text him and go grab that. A little wash and sanitize and I'll be ready to brew. I have one bag of ice for the chill, but I think it's cold enough that it'll do!

Need my burner? nVM I'll text you.

Coke with yummy breakfast.

@Hello

Hopefully your box shows up today...FedEx apparently couldn't be bothered with it yesterday.

Whatever is fresh.

Agreed yesterday to schedule a call with my boss today because he was busy yesterday. Fine.

He already pushed it out an hour this morning. Ugh, fine, ish happens.

And now he's 10 min late for the new time? Nope, done.

Is he letting you get any words in? :D:D:D:D:D

Water after spending the last 1.5 hours vacuuming the house.

Damn! I didn't realize you could pick that up from my posts...Bwahahahaha! Drinking Hello's Fresh Squeezed clone while mashing in...man, it is really good!

Garbage. Released yesterday and its already soured. Supposed to be a bourbon gingerbread stout. Luckily i did not by this $18 joke

I've had one beer from that brewery and it gushed so bad, I just poured the entire bomber down the drain.

Garbage. Released yesterday and its already soured. Supposed to be a bourbon gingerbread stout. Luckily i did not by this $18 joke

I knew better than to waste money on that. Their bomber prices are ridiculous to begin with. Pretty much the only thing they are good for is More Cowbell.

Back