What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stoudts APA ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399845412.476590.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Rogue Yellow Snow IPA. Momma was right. Stay away from yellow snow. At least I can use the growler to fill with good beer.

Sent from my iPhone using The tears of Viking fans.

Those crates have a deposit on them don't they?:eek:

Worth it.

My Sping Cleaning IPA. Still think this batch might have picked up an infection, might be some bottle pellicles forming, can't tell yet. It's still tasty tho. The hop flavor is hiding anything bad, for now at least.

I'm enjoying nukebrewer's doppleboxk while I move back into my office after ditching it when the air handler went out last summer. There is so much dust in this room I'm dying.
The beer is the first beer I believe I've ever drank in here. :D nuke, this is amazing.

image.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399850176.525187.jpg

About to drop a half-case of assorted home brews at each of my neighbors' houses.

I am horrible at describing tastes. It has a very harsh finish. Finsfan has one. Maybe he will be able to describe what this tastes like. My last beer was very good...as was the one before that. Thought I was figuring this all out.

But, this was my first beer with a cooler tun so there were some learning moments in the process. The only procedural thing I can point to that did not go well was that I think my crush was too fine.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

Can a very fine crush lead to astringency issues?

As I sit here eating Arby's ...I'm really jealous of you. The beer sounds really good too.

Crawfish are so good. Right now 1.49 a lb. Cheap and awesome. Had onion, egg, mushrooms, corn, potatoes, sausage, shrimp too. Awesome. Love living down here.

Jealous

When we have our next bottle share. If you bring the darkness I'll bring this out ;)

More scotch? I've never been a fan of scotch. Scotch drinkers tell me I just have never had the right scotch. To be honest, I don't even remember what scotch I had, but I didn't like it. But I do love bourbon.

If you like bourbon, try something like Johnny Walker Double Black. Nice peat character. I would say Laphroig 18 but you can't get it I'm the US.

Damn! Luckily it was only one bottle. I forgot I even had this. It was a trade from a few months ago from either splattsmier or banesong. I was really looking forward to drinking this one too. For what it's worth, it made the kitchen smell great! Wish I could've drank this one.

Sigh.... That was mine. PM me later, I will make it right. I had an ESB bottle split in half a while back too... I think I need to stop reusing bottles 18 times. good thing I am on my way to kegging, isn't it?

one heck of a weekend. A Saison tasting with Garrett Oliver (Brooklyn Brewing), HB club chilli comp followed by a party that involved waaay too much liquid refreshment. Killed 5 gallons in a day. You don't know wood until you get a bunch of parents without their children!

Killed a Ghandi and Velvet Rooster tonight. Fun Sunday. Back to playing interference between the kids and the SWMBO.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399855959.170042.jpg

Nice pre- lawn work Kölsch.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399856043.896267.jpg

And a post-lawn work Hefeweizen.

My blackberry wheat saison. Just checked the gravity and put 3 lbs blackberry purée in the fermenter. It is cloudy as all get out and tasty. It's a wheat beer fermented with a wild saison yeast.
The yeast did not floccuate very well so it is much cloudier than the batch of blackberry wheat that I made at the same time with a different yeast. Has a nice funk I think.
5.5% will make for very easy drinking.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399856112.490558.jpg

Back