What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out running errands and the wife calls me saying "I heard a loud boom and now there's beer running all through the kitchen floor with pieces of beer bottles."

Sounds like a bottle bomb to me...

The only homebrew I have is from trades. Told her to back away in case there are more. Be home in about 30 mins to check it out.

I need a straw and a filter to remove the glass. :)

Hope it wasn't anything I sent you. None of the types I sent you have blown-up. I've only had one beer out of the 26 batches I've bottled blow up. That was last August. Only one 12-ouncer burst in my basement.

Not bad for bottling about 1,300 bottles of beer.

Having my next to last Gose while running the wort chiller.

1399829845256.jpg

Hope it wasn't anything I sent you. None of the types I sent you have blown-up. I've only had one beer out of the 26 batches I've bottled blow up. That was last August. Only one 12-ouncer burst in my basement.

Not bad for bottling about 1,300 bottles of beer.

Negative. Those are all good. That's a pretty good average by the way.

"Only one 12-ouncer burst in my basement." Sounds dirty.

Negative. Those are all good. That's a pretty good average by the way.

"Only one 12-ouncer burst in my basement." Sounds dirty.

Good.

BTW, I've been shirtless all day. Nice as hell out here in CT and I don't have neighbors. You're lucky I'm not on the front porch drinking naked.

My first taste at something close to a Blue Moon. Only a week in the bottle so it's green yet. But not bad if I do say so... ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399830804.497519.jpg

Sent from my van, down by the river.

Damn! Luckily it was only one bottle. I forgot I even had this. It was a trade from a few months ago from either splattsmier or banesong. I was really looking forward to drinking this one too. For what it's worth, it made the kitchen smell great! Wish I could've drank this one.
I don't want to call the guy out but that is a banesong label if I ever saw one. :) He makes great beer. I am happy to say mine are all in the fridge, what I do have left.
Good.

BTW, I've been shirtless all day. Nice as hell out here in CT and I don't have neighbors. You're lucky I'm not on the front porch drinking naked.

I miss out on all the great offers. :(

Cream soda. I am about to find a beer. Home for the day and waiting for it to get a little later so I can make dinner.

I don't want to call the guy out but that is a banesong label if I ever saw one. :) He makes great beer. I am happy to say mine are all in the fridge, what I do have left.

Agreed. His other brews were damn good. I'm really pissed that I didn't get to drink that one. :(

Recycled pic. Very discouraging, as I cannot point to exactly what caused this to turn out as it did. With a SMaSH brew, it's tough to just blame the recipe. Think I'll go to provenly good recipe for the next brew and see how it turns out.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399836636.831941.jpg

Recycled pic. Very discouraging, as I cannot point to exactly what caused this to turn out as it did. With a SMaSH brew, it's tough to just blame the recipe. Think I'll go to provenly good recipe for the next brew and see how it turns out.

What's wrong with it?

What's wrong with it?

I am horrible at describing tastes. It has a very harsh finish. Finsfan has one. Maybe he will be able to describe what this tastes like. My last beer was very good...as was the one before that. Thought I was figuring this all out.

But, this was my first beer with a cooler tun so there were some learning moments in the process. The only procedural thing I can point to that did not go well was that I think my crush was too fine.

Thinking maybe I'll do Cream of Three Crops next. That seems to be universally considered a solid recipe for a summer beer.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399838966.928398.jpg
My smoked chocolate porter. And F this snow we are getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I am horrible at describing tastes. It has a very harsh finish. Finsfan has one. Maybe he will be able to describe what this tastes like. My last beer was very good...as was the one before that. Thought I was figuring this all out.

But, this was my first beer with a cooler tun so there were some learning moments in the process. The only procedural thing I can point to that did not go well was that I think my crush was too fine.

Ive never heard of too fine of a crush hurting the taste of a beer. IF anything, it could be that some husks got through and turned it astringent. I accidentally put yours straight in the fridge when I got it, so i'll give it a few more weeks to carb and then I will let you know what I think. And dont get discouraged. I had the same problem, my first two all grains were good and then I went through about 2 or 3 that were terrible. I wanted to stop but glad I didnt. My next beer was great and they just keep getting better. The more you brew, the more it just becomes habit and the process comes easy. It sucks to have 40 or 50 bad beers, and I even tried giving some of mine time but ended up dumping a lot and cutting my losses.

To summarize, keep brewing! :rockin:

That's a thing of beauty! Lucky bastard.

2€ a bottle for the Roq10, or a little under $3 a bottle. :mug: my cousin has been stationed in Germany for the past few years and when they moved her back she basically had a whole cargo container to fill so she picked those up, and many many more.

Ive never heard of too fine of a crush hurting the taste of a beer. IF anything, it could be that some husks got through and turned it astringent. I accidentally put yours straight in the fridge when I got it, so i'll give it a few more weeks to carb and then I will let you know what I think. And dont get discouraged. I had the same problem, my first two all grains were good and then I went through about 2 or 3 that were terrible. I wanted to stop but glad I didnt. My next beer was great and they just keep getting better. The more you brew, the more it just becomes habit and the process comes easy. It sucks to have 40 or 50 bad beers, and I even tried giving some of mine time but ended up dumping a lot and cutting my losses.

To summarize, keep brewing! :rockin:

I won't quit. I've only done 9-10 batches (all but 2 AG) and only one turned out really bad (verdict still out on this one until I give it some time). I was going to cobble together a Christmas beer based on others' recipes and let it age. But now I'm inclined to follow a recipe by rote with my mash tun to verify that my processes are working ( eliminate bad recipe as a variable).

Astringency from the husks is whet I was alluding to when I mentioned my crush. I had a bear if a time getting clear runnings.

Coffee right now at my mom's for Mothers Day/my birthday.

2€ a bottle for the Roq10, or a little under $3 a bottle. :mug: my cousin has been stationed in Germany for the past few years and when they moved her back she basically had a whole cargo container to fill so she picked those up, and many many more.

Those crates have a deposit on them don't they?:eek:

Back