What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna drink a red wine my mom got my gf and I. And she is gonna SIP on some mead. Nomz

Started with O'dell's Double Black IPA, then Lagunitas Maximus, now finishing with O'dell's Mercenary. IPA sampler (part of the build your own 6 pack deal)

i'm with you, in principle, dc- but my wife is telling me after going through my pockets and finding my tab, that, yes, in fact there is...
though she has never been right about anything before, so i may have to weigh that...

ethiopian light roast. just doughed in on a RIS, 90 min sacch rest, 90 min boil, i need the energy boost! :mug: during the boil i'll be trying my latest CDA for the first time since kegging, very much looking forward to that, it tasted amazing going into the keg. :rockin:

I just tried my summer shandy clone I made for the wife, she prefered 1056 but my money is on the 1010 american wheat version. Still a bit of sulfur in the nose but I like it. I am now working on some Keegan Mothers Milk and then deciding between Lost Abbey Deliverance or Odells Bourbon Barrell Stout.

My own Warrior IIPA. For 108 ibu it sure is nicely balanced, must be the 15lbs of grain and 6 lbs of honey.

Had some Picaroons "Dark and Stormy Night" a friend brought back from New Brunswick.
Not too shabby.

Red Nectar by Nectar Ales, very good, I see how it won a gold at the GABF. That and my homebrew brown ale, which is also very good. It's also the first beer I've made that I consider on par with or better than commercial beers.

My gruit ale made with Yarrow 8 months ago.All i can say is the dried yarrrow bittered this with a character exactly like a tolerable but quenching lemonness tart and summery kinda like lemonade without sugar. The floral aroma/flavor quality keeps as well,not shure if this is the intention of dried yarrow to give a mild-medium lemon bittering or if my 80 deg. bottle priming temps have something to do with it.I used .2 oz dried yarrow for a 1.7 gal batch and the correct amount of sweet gale 4-5 gram. Im still concluding .2 oz dried yarrow is too much or something.Almost seems like some kind of lemon cider.

Lazy Magnolia brewing Co.
Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale

I figured since it's a southern brew that I'd drink it out of a mason jar hehehe! Tastes pretty good. Medium body with a slight aroma of molasses and pecans. Sweet but not so sweet that you can't drink more than one or two. Good beer that I will drink again

image-1751439422.jpg

My version of lakefront organic esb, i find it odd that on the website is states the hops it uses but in the same page it list a differnt hop used one says cascade the other says saphire, and the actual kit uses fuggle.Wtf?.Is it common for brewerys to change things around all the time?,because really it is not the same beer. Cascade,saphire,and fuggle are not the same.Hmm maybe i will use all of these next time.But they state it as using 1 hop. Who am i to talk i used willamette to replace the fuggle kit recipe,ha.

for some reason, some kind of vietnamese fish sauce that spilled on the carpet earlier this week. me and the dogs are taking care of it and i know my wife thinks there's something wrong with me, but dammit. These things take politesse. What does she know about that?

Tommy knocker ipa great aroma love that toasty malty with hops,taste is ok,ibu-55 could have fooled me.Somewhat mild fairly hoppy but sessionable,keep the yeast out of your pour.Good camping type ipa,easy on taste and bittering great aroma,just my opinion.Not my favorate list though,very decent. Seems like a good entry level ipa,probably pretty good for someone new to ipa's. Also nearing its drink by date,maybe i lose.

jonmohno said:
Tommy knocker ipa great aroma love that toasty malty with hops,taste is ok,ibu-55 could have fooled me.Somewhat mild fairly hoppy but sessionable,keep the yeast out of your pour.Good camping type ipa,easy on taste and bittering great aroma,just my opinion.Not my favorate list though,very decent. Seems like a good entry level ipa,probably pretty good for someone new to ipa's. Also nearing its drink by date,maybe i lose.

I've had the tommyknocker maple nut brown before but not their IPA. It's decent but the maple taste can get overbearing in my opinion. I can do one and enjoy it but then switch to something else.

Back