What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any try this before?

I've also got a bottle stashed. What did you think of it?

Coffee - work- looking at houses then home to kick off my bday:)

Happy bday Nick! Enjoy it

ReAlly thinking about doin a mead soon. Where did you find the recipe?

Drinking my second cup of coffee after throwing together my first batch of mead. Going to be a rhubarb vanilla (just rhubarb for now, adding vanilla after racking). Used some staggered nutrient additions and DC's technique of steeping the veg in hot water for a while, then straining out. Starting off at 1.115.

And now to do some touch up painting before the wife gets home from work...

Happy Birthday Nick!!!

Fresh! They had a little opening for charity for people who donated to a Multiple Schlerosis charity. Spent sn hour and a half there...got the tour, drank a few pints and brought home a growler if their blonde. Knocking that it tomorrow night with my brother, in Wilmington.

Awesome. I didn't know about that when it was time to donate then it was too late for me when I saw FB about letting others come by. I was sitting at Apex Dispensary getting a couple 10 ounce pours of Hopslam before the keg was kicked. I can now stop chasing it here. I hadn't eaten yet that day and it was about 7 when I left. I needed food bad before I was in no condition to drive. :(

I still have my growler unopened of the Blonde. I think I'll probably open that tonight. I should be able to kill 4 pints. If not, someone should come take my beer away. :D

Is your brother up here from Wilmington? You should ask him to join you in the big brew.

I'm drinking coffee. Or was. I am out. :( Also water...because I was reminded that eating a cheeseburger and drinking a bunch of beer on an empty stomach is a bit tough on this old lady's tummy. :eek:

Ever have the tall grass ale? I've seen it at the local brew shop but been hesitant

That one isnt bad, but not my favorite by them. Is that the only one available to you or do they have other?

Coffee - work- looking at houses then home to kick off my bday:)

Happy Birthday man! I cant imagine the great lineup you have planned for tonight :mug:

Thanks everyone. I finished work a little early today. So I'm headed home to chill some good beers for tonight before the hunt!

Tried a grav sample of my Baltic porter. Don't want to make a habit of drinking still fermenting lagers, but it has a lot of potential. Down to 1.027 from 1.092 in under 7 days. I'm stoked!

Earl grey ipA ... which tastes fantastic right now!! Man this is a winner :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

We've gotta set another trade up before you drink it all! I finally bottled my imperial stout and will be bottling my dubbel very soon.

Had a bottle of Kona longboard lager when I got up,for lack of anything else to drink. That was before 6am though. Just finished a mocha coffee a bit ago. Bought these yesterday;
http://[URL=http://s563.photobucket.com/user/unionrdr/media/PICT0003_zps99a1e590.jpg.html] [/URL]
Drank these last night. The fire rock pale ale's hops were a bit light for me. Maybe past date at walmart?
http://[URL=http://s563.photobucket.com/user/unionrdr/media/PICT0002_zpse429f351.jpg.html] [/URL]
http://[URL=http://s563.photobucket.com/user/unionrdr/media/PICT0005_zps2bd43b73.jpg.html] [/URL]
For some reason,pic of the Columbus IPA didn't show up?

Broke out the bialetti and made some espresso. I hardly ever use it but it does make a nice cup. I love my super old Bailey's mugs too. I have a boy and girl one.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391874876.627122.jpg

Tried a grav sample of my Baltic porter. Don't want to make a habit of drinking still fermenting lagers, but it has a lot of potential. Down to 1.027 from 1.092 in under 7 days. I'm stoked!

Baltic Porter is on my list of styles to brew. I need to stop being so lazy and just do it.
I usually primary my lagers in a bucket with a spigot so I can easily take samples, since I find myself taking more samples of than I do my ales. Especially when fermentation should be ending and after the diacetyl rest. Then I rack to a secondary for lagering.

Damn! What yeast did you use? Sounds like its ready for the d-rest. Get much sulphur?
First mug o' coffee down, time to refill

Bottled my IPA last night. This is the last little bit out of the bucket. Soooooo good, and even a hint of yeast floating around. I love that, I try to get a little in every bottle

Edit: stupid iPad uploaded pic upside down :/ try drinking it like this!

image.jpg

Bottled my IPA last night. This is the last little bit out of the bucket. Soooooo good, and even a hint of yeast floating around. I love that, I try to get a little in every bottle

Edit: stupid iPad uploaded pic upside down :/ try drinking it like this!

we used to call those "keg stands".:rockin:

My ginger brew.

Now that things are starting to get settled here, just reorganized and took a beer inventory. Yep, got some beer...

At Alewife Queens judging a comp. Just judged a bunch of bad to mediocre stouts so I am ecstatic to be drinking an Enjoy By 2.14.14 to cleanse the palate for the second flight.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Home Brew mobile app

1391883747923.jpg

Elysian Savant IPA. I like it, but I don't think I did it any favors by having Enjoy By immediately prior.

1391884707797.jpg

Elysian Savant IPA. I like it, but I don't think I did it any favors by having Enjoy By immediately prior.

Yo me and the lady are going to be at single cut brewery in astoria around 3-330. Let me know when youre gonna be free!

From BGBC while getting ready for Michigan v Iowa. It was a bit of a gusher but I think that might be due to its brush with subzero temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391885812.066553.jpg

Crank yanker watching the kstate game from game. We gave up our tickets for this game, but its nice to be able to drink during the game and not just before and at halftime.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391886911.901087.jpg

Crank yanker watching the kstate game from game. We gave up our tickets for this game, but its nice to be able to drink during the game and not just before and at halftime.

Man, Iowa is ripping it up early. Marble looks TOUGH. I'll date myself and disclose that I remember seeing his old man play high school ball.

Now I want something that's more wintery to match the weather here. I think this one is courtesy of Hello.

Not going to lie, being the HBT fantasy football king is not a bad gig.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391887543.830817.jpg

Damn man, is it actually called evil? Or is it evil because you can drink so much?

It's just evil because it is 2 for 1 from noon until 8pm. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391888250.890102.jpg my second Hopsecutioner. It sucks that they don't let you mix and match the 2-4-1's anymore.

Back