What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in bed by 9 :D ... it's tough staying up late when you get up at 3:30.

Buy it. All of it. And grab the D.O.R.I.S. too. Awesome beers!

Having coffee and thinking this will be a great end of the week. A three-box trade should land in Mesa today; I'm getting my case of Central Waters 16 and I think I won't have to go back to the stinkin' vet today! Oh yeah, and it is Friday! :ban:

Only had the B.O.R.I.S. and am dying to try the D.O.R.I.S.

This is going to be a great day if FedEx is on time!! :ban: Having some local roasted Ethiopian Yirgacheffe with breakfast, think this one is just a little too earthy for my taste. I does go well in the coffee RIS that we just made with bourbon and cacao nibs though.

Just picked these up for $5 each. I have heard good and bad things about the lips of faith beers, but couldnt pass up that deal. Anybody had these?

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391182999.345133.jpg

Just picked these up for $5 each. I have heard good and bad things about the lips of faith beers, but couldnt pass up that deal. Anybody had these?

I have had Le Terrior and it is pretty good! I wouldn't think twice to pick that up for $5!! I would have grabbed a few

I have had Le Terrior and it is pretty good! I wouldn't think twice to pick that up for $5!! I would have grabbed a few

I will have that one early next week and probably have to grab a few more. They had cases of quite a few sitting out so I dont think they are going anywhere fast in this town. They also had 2013 bigfoots for only $6 a 4pack. Needless to say I had to get more :D

I will have that one early next week and probably have to grab a few more. They had cases of quite a few sitting out so I dont think they are going anywhere fast in this town. They also had 2013 bigfoots for only $6 a 4pack. Needless to say I had to get more :D

The only thing I really dislike about the Lips of Faith beers is that they are all pastuerized so aging them is pretty pointless. They are pretty hit and miss though. And that 2013 Bigfoot is drinking pretty good right now! I bet another year or two it will really start to shine.

I did not know that. Thanks for the heads up, I was probably going to age that brett beer.

I learned that tidbit talking to Lauren Salazar who does the blending of most all the Lips of Faith beers. New Belgium didn't want to buy a seperate bottling line for sours/wild yeast beer so they have to pastuerize.

I learned that tidbit talking to Lauren Salazar who does the blending of most all the Lips of Faith beers. New Belgium didn't want to buy a seperate bottling line for sours/wild yeast beer so they have to pastuerize.

They might as well have bought another bottling line, they put out a lot!

They might as well have bought another bottling line, they put out a lot!

My thoughts exactly, but I can understand the economics of not wanting to after shopping for bottling lines myself. With their volume, that is a very large investment.

More coffee. Half of the pot down and starting to feel the caffeine :rockin:

Thimble Island American Ale. Local brewery that's been around since 2010 and that I just heard about last week. This one's pretty bad. Way too heavy on the crystal malt and the hop presence leaves much to be desired. Not the intensity, just the content. I don't know what hops they used, but they don't smell or taste very good at all. I'll give them the BOD for now as there is no packaging date on this so it could be old. Might go down to the brewery tomorrow and try their offerings straight from the source and see if that's any better. That's how Two Roads is for me, as well. Love their beer on tap at the brewery, but the bottles just don't cut it.

Savoring a sample of my DIPA brewed on 1/20, racked to secondary to harvest the yeast and dry hopped today.

It's homer time!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391198326.760612.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391198348.835567.jpg

Supernaut and Gandhi on-deck for Super Bowl Sunday.

Did you see their new plan to combat the line wait? :)

Nah - I have other homers that go there for me. :D

There were only 4 other people in line today. All ahead. That place is going to be a ----show later today and tomorrow with people filling 6-8 growlers each, like they always do. Super Bowl beer. It's like crack.

Took a detour before heading home. I was hoping I'd be here before the keg of FW 17 kicked, but didn't make it. So I'm having a little Rye on Rye instead.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391198675.796890.jpg

Sent from the future..

How is that? Ive never had it before but picked up a bottle this morning. Probably gonna age it till next year though.

One word, Awesome! I say drink that bottle now and grab another to age if you want.

It's awesome. Definitely need to pick some up next time i see it

One word, Awesome! I say drink that bottle now and grab another to age if you want.

Thanks for the feedback! I figured at 12% it needed some time but I will soon find out. The guy at the store this morning told me that their Chocolate ale is coming out next Tuesday and he is putting the limit of 2 aside for me. Never had that one either but he said it was great and goes quick.

Thanks for the feedback! I figured at 12% it needed some time but I will soon find out. The guy at the store this morning told me that their Chocolate ale is coming out next Tuesday and he is putting the limit of 2 aside for me. Never had that one either but he said it was great and goes quick.

There is still last years batch still around here :D. Might actually grab one soon

There is still last years batch still around here :D. Might actually grab one soon

What?! I think its crazy how beers that like dont last long in places very close to the brewery (where you would think they distributed more), but then sit on the shelves for years the further away it gets. Doesnt make sense to me.

It's been so long since I had the Chocolate Ale that I don't know exactly how I felt about it. I'm pretty sure I liked it.

Sent from Burger King using free Wi-Fi

Hi-Res before I call it quits and head home. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391201383.044458.jpg
I'm blowing off the rest of the day. Shhhh.....don't tell the company I work through. ;)

Sent from Burger King using free Wi-Fi

Back