What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, when you serve it up, do you add some truvia? I saw you mention that in another cider thread. I like some sweetness, I don't need tons but I like some. I am very curious about this crabapple cider you're making from the random tree. :) Also, if you ferment dry you don't have to pasteurize if you bottle because there's nothing left to ferment, right?

Right...no need to pasteurize if the sugar is all gone except for the calculated primer. I like it dry sometimes, but have done the Truvia thing to try it and it was good, too. The only downside is the loss of the apple flavor. It becomes more like a sparkling white wine...which is okay, unless you want that sweeter apple cider flavor.

My last batch was a crabapple-Fuji juice blend That I fermented out, racked a few times for clarity (and may have lost too much yeast in the process)and then back sweetened with Murray's Apple Cider (free 64 oz carboy. made in Roanoke, Virginia from whole apples, pasteurized and has no additives or sweeteners). I was watching it for carbonation and planned to pasteurize it, but the carb was reaaaaally slow to build. I never felt like it was in danger of blowing. After a couple of months, it still has a light carb, but the flavor is the best of all of my attempts! I'm sure there's a way to calculate how much cider to add, but I winged it. I'll have to try it again and work that out. (I read about using frozen juice concentrate, but the label said it comes from China and Venezuela!)

And to stay on topic: I was on coffee and Advil this morning. Currently on caffeine free Coke. Need to go get some stuff in the fridge for later!

Wow this beer is good. First time as i kept seeing you all enjoy it, saw one this morning and had it grab it. Is there brett in this? Either way fantastic beer.

photo (3).jpg

Snafu FlemishImageUploadedByHome Brew1391204077.070998.jpg
Listening to the worst episode of Basic brewing radio I've ever heard. I usually really enjoy the show, but between the guests sniffles and hodgepodge of 'throw cow pies at the barn and see what sticks' information, I'd probably scream at the computer if I was home alone. Yes, I know I can just turn it off

Wow this beer is good. First time as i kept seeing you all enjoy it, saw one this morning and had it grab it. Is there brett in this? Either way fantastic beer.

That is a great beer, I believe it is bottled with Brett.

Enjoying a Deschutes Mirror Pond while cleaning up the packing material that got tossed everywhere while opening those trades.

Snafu FlemishView attachment 176211
Listening to the worst episode of Basic brewing radio I've ever heard. I usually really enjoy the show, but between the guests sniffles and hodgepodge of 'throw cow pies at the barn and see what sticks' information, I'd probably scream at the computer if I was home alone. Yes, I know I can just turn it off

You can turn that off you know? :D

Snafu FlemishView attachment 176211

:off: Happened to notice the Sweet Maria's box. Is that where you order your green coffee? Been checking them out and getting ready to place an order myself...

You can turn that off you know? :D

I know, but I'm trying to have an aneurysm this week. They just started talking about Sandor Katz. Everytime I hear that name, I'm one step closer to that stroke,

:off: Happened to notice the Sweet Maria's box. Is that where you order your green coffee? Been checking them out and getting ready to place an order myself...

Sure do. I need to quit being lazy and roast some coffee so I have enough to send out with the beer I finally feel safe shipping next week. All the cold weather beer shippers make me nervous.

Pshhhh....noob!

Sent from deep inside your mind

Water. I'll probably crack into the single malts later. In the mean time, I got bored and tracked down the EAC thread finally. This better be worth the hype...

Yeah **** this wort chiller and these stupid springy pipe benders. :grrr: I'm going to try some Jester King.

Your head is about to explode, isn't it? ;)

Sent from Gabe's extremely picky and limited palate..

No, I didn't have to drink it. I think you're confusing 'picky & limited' with 'discriminating and refined'. I don't think disliking smoked malt, chili beers, or pumpkin beers makes me picky. It means I don't like disgusting beer. :D

Just slammed down an angry orchard traditional dry. Sister in law stuck me with it, some ginger one, and some Crispin... Sick of it taking valuable beer fridge space!

No, I didn't have to drink it. I think you're confusing 'picky & limited' with 'discriminating and refined'. I don't think disliking smoked malt, chili beers, or pumpkin beers makes me picky. It means I don't like disgusting beer. :D

Sorry, I must've been mistaken...

Sent from Gabe's extremely picky and limited palate, wait no, it's refined. That's right, refined. Sorry for the confusion. Gabe and his beer preferences are awesome.

Back