What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yay! Is it everything you had hoped for?

I thought it was pretty poor. Not dump worthy, but just blah. I know you didn't ask me and it's been determined by my family that I'm a beer snob because I don't like beer slushies.

Last leg of flight. I want off this flocking plane. I didn't know I had fly through in Nashville.

Well he also said it was his first "farmhouse" so your opinion is definately welcome. I saw it at the store and truthfully it kinda pissed me off. So misleading. And my family thinks the same of me. But I finaly converted my brother and cousin (the two I usually drink with back home) but theyre still green.

Dr. Pepper on this hell of a crappy should of been brew day ended up in the hospital and came up with the new name for the ipa I was going to brew 26 Stitch ipa. Long story short I was dumb and lazy and decided to turn the Christmas light timer on the roof off by standing on te trash can and fell only thing going thru my head was well there goes my brew day

Me in deep thought coming up with the name for the IPA and debating on asking the docs for iodine, test
Tubes, and flask

That sucks - hope the IPA turns out as good as the name once you brew it!

Bcbs '08.

Nice!

Just moved on to Kern River's Winter Ale. Which is not a winter ale in the traditional sense. It's a DIPA, and a damn good one at that.

So I was right. Shes not giving me back my Hard Rootbeer. So its on to this bomber bad boy!

1388204981311.jpg

True but she also got more beer because I was waiting to load up at the other bottle shop we didnt make it to. But thats what I get for converting her to craft lol.

Yeah, that's the downside. Luckily my wife doesn't drink beer. The only thing she drinks that's technically beer is Lindeman's Kriek. So every beer I buy is safe. I don't have to share with anyone. :D

And he loves Creme Brulee stout! That Samiclaus must be reaaally sweet

Haha! Yeah I'll drink the crap out of Creme brûlée stout. But I just couldn't stomach that Samichlaus. It tasted like the FG was at least 1.060. I know it's not, but man was it sweet!

Eddiemk4VW said:
Hey Dave, what's the brewing company? Farm to ... Anything I will check out!

Thats an almanac honey saison. Its tasty like i had previously mentioned. Nothing crazy . The farm to glass they are talking about in this brew is for the local honey and local 2 row barley they use to make this beer.

This is pretty peppery in the front, finishes dry and you do get a nice hint of honey in the aftermath of each swig.

After some homemade pork chop alla paesano for dinner me and SWMBO we hit the pubs.

Had a capt lawrence black and white ipa.pretty good. very bitter with a decent hop flavor and aroma. Think it needed a little more in the nose and flavor hopwise to balance out the bittering hops. Solid otherwise.

a sixpoint incredible mild that definitely wasnt incredible to me tonight. Had too much of the english "sulfury funkish" character going on for me. Was probably accurate to style but i wasnt feeling it all tonight.

Now im getting into this guy for a night cap. Damn good!

image-3570138794.jpg

It's definately different. Letting it warm turned it from good to great. I've two bottles each from '11 and '12 that I'll age for a couple more years.

image.jpg

Feelin way better after that bomber of Dragons Milk! :D on to this, first time having this but I enjoy most Great Lakes stuff. This ones pretty good, but me and certain spices in beer like clove just dont get along

Sounds amazing.

Oh yeah. It's just...fantastic! Not alcohol hotness...just good flavor. I'm not good at picking out flavors, but I do get a mild cinnamon flavor along with the stout flavors. Very balanced and...whatever! It's just freakin good!

Feelin way better after that bomber of Dragons Milk! :D on to this, first time having this but I enjoy most Great Lakes stuff. This ones pretty good, but me and certain spices in beer like clove just dont get along

Love me some Dragon's Milk! Or Dragon's Piss depending on who you are...;)

True, like if you have a palette thats been outside your state or not. :D Contemplating another ( they were on sale and got 4 bombers)

yay! Is it everything you had hoped for?

I thought it was pretty poor. Not dump worthy, but just blah. I know you didn't ask me and it's been determined by my family that I'm a beer snob because I don't like beer slushies.

What would you suggest for a good example of a farmhouse?

I second the Vivant Farm Hand. Maybe Boulevard Tank 7?

Yeah. I see he is in Indy so I figure Vivant should be available.

Firestone Walker Reserve. Great aroma, but a little let down in the flavor department. Maybe I'm a little spoiled by the other beers I've had, but it's still good!View attachment 168502

I need to try Wookey
Edit: I love the multiquote on the new app.

If you dont know the reference i apologize. Haha

Heart burn is destroying me right now. Drinking water before bed.

Back