What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw growlers just got some noir in. I'm avoiding that place.

Just having some hard cider while resting from painting the dining room

I just saw that too. I'm avoiding
mid-town/downtown like the plague. I'm sure I'll eventually get my hands on some Noir.

Do it. We're waiting!!!

I'm doin it!
Love this stuff!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388189030.458379.jpg

Pint of Bath Ales Gem listening to the cricket. Hoping we can take this last wicket soon! And then not ruin the second innings, which is a tough ask I think. Need to get one back on the aussies...

Dr. Pepper on this hell of a crappy should of been brew day ended up in the hospital and came up with the new name for the ipa I was going to brew 26 Stitch ipa. Long story short I was dumb and lazy and decided to turn the Christmas light timer on the roof off by standing on te trash can and fell only thing going thru my head was well there goes my brew day
View attachment 168411

Me in deep thought coming up with the name for the IPA and debating on asking the docs for iodine, test
Tubes, and flask
View attachment 168414

Holy ****! Dude what sliced you?
Hell of a name for an IPA.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but I'm a drunk. :drunk: Other than the two beers with just brett, the rest are all mixed fermentations. A couple of those might be ready to bottle in four months and then need to condition several months after that. Others won't be ready to bottle for 12-36 months and then need to condition for a year. Actual, ready to drink beer, I've got maybe four cases right now that aren't for long term aging. I've probably got another eight to ten cases of stuff that I'll drink over the next few years. So really, I don't have nearly enough beer. :D

From the looks of you're arm, you're lucky that's all that went through your head! Did you fall through a window?:confused:

That's the back of my leg lol

Holy ****! Dude what sliced you?

Hell of a name for an IPA.

Doc said nothing actually cut me the blunt force trauma split my leg like a tomato look at my thread early morning brewing for the before pic if you have a sturdy stomach

Me, too. I'll take that over Heady Topper any day of the week.

Me too. But that's mainly because I can get Sculpin any day of the week. ;) but its really, really good. I haven't bought any in a while so I had forgotten just how good it is. I might have my last Heady tonight to compare.

Me too. But that's mainly because I can get Sculpin any day of the week. ;) but its really, really good. I haven't bought any in a while so I had forgotten just how good it is. I might have my last Heady tonight to compare.

Comparing an ipa to a double? At least youre starting with something smaller and not the other way around. Heady is a pallet wrecker. Ever tried el dorado? That is awful IMO.

Comparing an ipa to a double? At least youre starting with something smaller and not the other way around. Heady is a pallet wrecker. Ever tried el dorado? That is awful IMO.

Well, just compare beer to beer. I love DIPAs because they have the big hop punch that alot of IPAs lack. But Sculpin, for an IPA, has the amount of in your face hop character that I like. But as far as DIPAs go, Heady is where it's at.

Never had El Dorado. Is it really that bad?

Lol I thought so too pretty wicked how it looks like a shark took a bite out I the back of my leg lol

Don't have a recipe. I ordered spiced wood (with spices). I use dark rum and honey in every batch. It's floccing awesome.

Enjoying the Mamajuana for the second time today. I am not Dominican, but I love this stuff.

Good? How's the bourbon character?
I always mean to pick one up, but I always seem to buy something else.
I'm on a bourbon barrel beer kick recently, so I thought about picking one up.

The bourbon is definitely in the nose. A good sniff with my beak and you pick up the familiar bourbon/vanilla/toffee. When tasting, the bourbon is much more subtle. The Belgian yeast characteristics dominate the palate and the bourbon actually rides nicely alongside the clove background. Hints of cherries finish it out. If I wasn't doing a BCBS clone this Sunday, I would definitely brew a quad and throw it in my barrel when it becomes available again.

Now this glass is gone and I have housed this 750ml from repeated "sensory" tests... Very easy drinker! :rockin:

Good? How's the bourbon character?
I always mean to pick one up, but I always seem to buy something else.
I'm on a bourbon barrel beer kick recently, so I thought about picking one up.

Hell Im always on a BBA kick , and barleywine. Just cant always buy em lol. Speaking of, headed to bottle shop. Im sick of watching you turds drink!:D

The bourbon is definitely in the nose. A good sniff with my beak and you pick up the familiar bourbon/vanilla/toffee. When tasting, the bourbon is much more subtle. The Belgian yeast characteristics dominate the palate and the bourbon actually rides nicely alongside the clove background. Hints of cherries finish it out. If I wasn't doing a BCBS clone this Sunday, I would definitely brew a quad and throw it in my barrel when it becomes available again.

Now this glass is gone and I have housed this 750ml from repeated "sensory" tests... Very easy drinker! :rockin:

Okay, you talked me into it. I'll finally pick one up. :D

Well, I switched gears. I had planned in keeping this an IPA night, but sometimes plans change. In a good way.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388196180.263796.jpg
What I wouldn't give for another bottle of this! Amazing!

Latest posts

Back