What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you enjoyed that. I thought it was interesting. Huge notes of passion fruit and sourness. I wonder if they used conan in it?

It's very interesting. I haven't had any beer like it before. Very good. I'm glad I got a chance to try it. Thanks again.

A nice solid Pale Ale.

20131224_192228[1].jpg

The first lonestar state beer i've ever had! Now I know why so many texans homebrew.

Thats like going to Colorado and having a Coors and saying they have crappy beer there. :confused:
Having a bomber of my La Eme Mexican chovolate habanero stout while prepping to make Chilorio, shredded pork in pasilla chile-orange sauce.

1387931742182.jpg

The first lonestar state beer i've ever had! Now I know why so many texans homebrew.

That's like saying Coors light is why people in Colorado homebrew. Shiner is macro. Its a light lager masquerading as a bock.

TONS of great breweries in Texas. Please don't use a crappy macro to judge them all.

Thats like going to Colorado and having a Coors and saying they have crappy beer there. :confused:

That's not like that at all.

I learned somewhat recently that Shiner is the 4th largest craft brewer in the country, and I've never seen their beer in Oregon. Hear it referenced all the time in country songs. Then I got one in a gift pack. Disappointed. I was implying I think shiner bock sucks, not trying to offend texans or lovers of the finer beers which come out of the state.
I will however say that the Houston international bush airport is bullshhh for
a good pint o craft beer. wtf!
On to one more popular beer I've never had. I like this one.:mug:

IMG_0486.jpg

Apparently I have had a sinus infection all month. Symptoms keep changing up on me and apparently today I lost my sens e of taste. I haven't been drinking until just now I poured a SNPA. Sadly it tastes to me like Coors with the IBUs of a pale ale.
Suffering through my Coors pale ale.

Schlafly T IPA. Golden gorgous goodness. Good golly.:mug: Tis or Twas the season for this beer. First one and it drank like water in the drinking easability department.

Black Ops 2013.

Great Bourbon aroma, good taste, but is a little thin-bodied. I prefer my stouts with some more body to them.
That was $24 here. I didn't seek it out. That's too much for me. I've had some great bourbon barrel beers for a lot less.

That was $24 here. I didn't seek it out. That's too much for me. I've had some great bourbon barrel beers for a lot less.

I got it for $20. Overpriced, and I have had better bb beers for less too.

Got it because I fell victim to the hype. Not let down by it, but not really impressed either.

Having a bomber of my La Eme Mexican chovolate habanero stout while prepping to make Chilorio, shredded pork in pasilla chile-orange sauce.
Chilorio, this sounds good! I'm getting hungry again although I consumed far too much today!
Kicked the keg of my less then stellar nondescript HB and on to a Dead Guy clone that's quite tasty.:D

Rum & coke. Headache ahead with the full sugar coke. Mama doesn't buy diet because no one drinks it after I leave.
image.jpg

Chilorio, this sounds good! I'm getting hungry again although I consumed far too much today!
Kicked the keg of my less then stellar nondescript HB and on to a Dead Guy clone that's quite tasty.:D

It is pretty ridiculously good! Although kinda ticked I forgot to buy lard to make flour tortillas, gonna have to settle for blue corn tortillas.

Just exchanged presents with my side of the family tonight, they 'get' me:

A case of 24 different beers all individually wrapped
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387937857.743105.jpg
A bomber of mad elf
A twelve pack variety of Victory
'Water' by Palmer
'Brew Like a Monk'
Beer infused chocolates
Gift certificate to my LHBS

Awesome!!

Thank God this day is almost over! I appreciate everyone's concern for my sanity today! Things really didn't get worse. They really didn't get better though. The kiddo is in bed, and I've got my mad elf! I also have a Mad Elf beer too! Time to get dunk, not get caught playing Santa, and did I mention get drunk?

Mad elf.. thought it was appropriate.. tho its not as good as I remembered last years to be

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Thank God this day is almost over! I appreciate everyone's concern for my sanity today! Things really didn't get worse. They really didn't get better though. The kiddo is in bed, and I've got my mad elf! I also have a Mad Elf beer too! Time to get dunk, not get caught playing Santa, and did I mention get drunk?

Days almost over, hope Christmas is better to you!
Merry Christmas!:mug:

Sounds like my usual game plan for every night. Except for the Santa thing. And I don't have any Mad Elf to drink. :(

Did the Dark Lord live up to your expectations?

It did, thought it was awesome. I drank the 2013 tonight even though I was warned it might be hot. It had a few months on it though and it must've helped bc it was great.

Saving the '09 and '11 for my brothers wedding...maybe. This one was supposed to wait too...

Good to see the alchy thread going strong during the holidays. Drinking homemade eggnog. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Back