What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh we all know now that you like a good lubing! :-D

Fact. :fro:

Brew day is delayed only for a moment because I had to wrestle the cat and dog to put flea collars on them. Saw a flea on my dog, she was just treated with frontline plus as she is monthly, also her heart worm med has a flea preventative deal in it as well. Not sure if it mattered to see a flea so to take another step, added a collar. The cat, who is 12 is less amused. He's indoor and treated every 2 months but I haven't reordered frontline and it's been about 6 weeks. He has never had a collar and is super unamused and pretty much mad to the core about his collar. I prob won't see him for weeks now. He holds a grudge.

Sweeping, vacuuming, laundry ... Seriously, this is why I can't have kids. They're obviously even more work!

Can I be a noob? My brew days result in tons of soot under my brew kettle. I understand it's important to get the right mix of air and propane (I think) and the flame should be blue. Is that right? Is it all blue? I can't seem to get it all blue.

Can I be a noob? My brew days result in tons of soot under my brew kettle. I understand it's important to get the right mix of air and propane (I think) and the flame should be blue. Is that right? Is it all blue? I can't seem to get it all blue.

Yup blue is good!

Hello said:

What kind of burner do you have? Are the wholes on burner clogged?

Had a couple glugs of some key lime energy drink while getting the BK/MT heating up. This traditional Stout should make some good Whiskely.

Showed up an hour early for the bethel woods beer fest.... Having water now while waking through the Woodstock museum.... This place is gorgeous... Chilli cook off after this then 1230 beer fest time!

ForumRunner_20131012_115824.jpg

ForumRunner_20131012_115836.png

Ah,Woodstock. My brother & his buddy wouldn't let me go with them. they didn't make it,as the New York State Throughway was already closed by the time they got there.

It's on........ Right out if the can. Gotta get right for the 2 hour hay ride with my 2 and. 3 year olds who prob don't want to b there. Thank you SWMBO!!!

image-2193151937.jpg

Same here. Right out of the can. Sixpoint. Cheers.

image-2819920834.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
If you can get ray to get them than ill buy them up. Idk if northernbrewer has them exclusive though. I want to cork so bad but $70 in a floor corker is a little to much right now but leaning toward cap ones like ranger creek
Morebeer has the 375 Belgians in both crown cap and c&c styles.

My LHBS has a floor corker that they rent out for $10/ 3 days. Maybe you already looked into that but I thought I'd throw that out there.

My LHBS has a floor corker that they rent out for $10/ 3 days. Maybe you already looked into that but I thought I'd throw that out there.

$10 for 3 days. Not bad i suppose. They're so damn expensive.

$10 for 3 days. Not bad i suppose. They're so damn expensive.

Check Craigslist for a floor corker, the market around here sucks for HB stuff but I found an floor corker for 30 bucks the other day. If I didn't already have one I'd have gobbled it up.

As far as your soot problem goes, open the tank valve wide open, adjust with the regulator until you get a nice blue flame.

No i havent. Next time I go into mine. I'll ask them if they rent them or not. I want one because I want to Cork my sours/brett beers. I hope they do but I'm sure that will be a good investment in the long run. I'll check morebeers pricing on the 375s. I got a coupon for NB that will get me a free case basically cut down the shipping. I got a brett I want to bottle soon but i'll wait a little longer. Got plans for the cake once I bottle:rockin:

Check Craigslist for a floor corker, the market around here sucks for HB stuff but I found an floor corker for 30 bucks the other day. If I didn't already have one I'd have gobbled it up.

As far as your soot problem goes, open the tank valve wide open, adjust with the regulator until you get a nice blue flame.
oh so all the way open on propane and use the red regulator? I was just scared about too much propane being let out.

Turn the metal thing where gas hose attaches to burner.

Eh? :confused:

oh so all the way open on propane and use the red regulator? I was just scared about too much propane being let out.

Eh? :confused:

images

at the bottom of the burner

Its where the hose meets the burner. Its a metal "window" that sucks in air and mixes with the gas. This can effect the soot. It is forming because the gas is not being burned efficiently, or fully (left over carbon). I say take it apart and clean it. That should help it out.

Just finished a homebrew pale ale.

Dude I tried one of those acid blonde cigars. Thought that it tasted like incense

images

at the bottom of the burner

Its where the hose meets the burner. Its a metal "window" that sucks in air and mixes with the gas. This can effect the soot. It is forming because the gas is not being burned efficiently, or fully (left over carbon). I say take it apart and clean it. That should help it out.

Now I follow. Thanks! Will do when done. It's currently brewing and sooting up my ****.

Latest posts

Back