What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going with a Crown Royal Maple night cap. 4:30 will come too soon. Our new flight leaves at 7:00am. As long as the shiitter isn't broken...

Some whiskey to close the night

ForumRunner_20131011_235315.png

ForumRunner_20131011_235354.png

DisturbdChemist said:
Some whiskey to close the night

I still haven't tried that. I'm out of Makers so this would be a good time to grab some.

that stuff is wicked smooth too smooth actually

It was a gift for being in my friends wedding. It is a great whiskey. I like to add a little water to open the spirit up.

I still haven't tried that. I'm out of Makers so this would be a good time to grab some.

Get it next time. $20 you cant do no wrong.

One of the best pairings I've had in a while actually!

I don't think the cat agrees on how smooth it is...

He is new to whiskey. He likes to mix it with soft food at the moment haha

DisturbdChemist said:
It was a gift for being in my friends wedding. It is a great whiskey. I like to add a little water to open the spirit up. Get it next time. $20 you cant do no wrong. He is new to whiskey. He likes to mix it with soft food at the moment haha
to me it's not oaky enough and almost tastes like a blended whiskey but it's smooth and affordable
Y'all should try Lexington it's in the same price range and tastes more like smooth bourbon and less like its blended with vodka to my taste
Disclaimer i am sure it not blended as that would make the labeling illegal

Im sure it isnt. I dont think I can pick out oak really. Need to have a beer before and after oak. For the price its an awesome bourbon whiskey. Every time I buy a bottle I get something different.

Last for the slapstick comedy fest. A classic. If you never seen this you need to.

ForumRunner_20131012_002233.png

More Expedition Stout. Great beer. Hopefully I can save these next 4 for cellaring. One each year .... night be tough.

Im finally at home (3:17 am eastern standard) drinking bourbon straight. Warthens kentucky. Was gonna save these last few ozs to soak vanilla beans in and make an attempt at a good porter but, turns out im a savage who drinks til he cants drinks no mo!! Also drank enough guiness on nitro tonight to choke your grandpappys horse. Good times!

WesleyS said:
Just finished bottling my batch of AHS Sour Ginger Peach Ale and now drinking what was left after I ran out of clean de-labeled bottles.
Shoulda come by and grabbed some. ;) I've been giving away all my longnecks and 22s since I've got almost 30 cases of nicer bottles. I said I have a problem! I am ready for a full size barrel though. No, I didn't drink that much fancy beer. Lots of folks enable my bottle addiction.

WesleyS said:
It's not bad. The ginger and peach aren't too strong. But it does need more sourness. Maybe more acidulated malt, or lacto would be nice. Yeah I'd love to have a few cases of the 375 ml bottles that Ranger Creek uses for their small batch series. I found them online, but I thought about seeing if Ray can get some.
Local brewery did a wild beer with some bugs and critters I gave them and ordered a pallet of those capable aplits. Dang things are less than 25 cents ea that way. As a side note, the brewer used slurry( or yeast cake if you prefer) from one 5.5 gallon primary for a full sized barrel as an example to how severely one is overpitching by reusing an entire batch of slurry in another 5 gallon batch.

TNGabe said:
Shoulda come by and grabbed some. ;) I've been giving away all my longnecks and 22s since I've got almost 30 cases of nicer bottles. I said I have a problem! I am ready for a full size barrel though. No, I didn't drink that much fancy beer. Lots of folks enable my bottle addiction.

Local brewery did a wild beer with some bugs and critters I gave them and ordered a pallet of those capable aplits. Dang things are less than 25 cents ea that way. As a side note, the brewer used slurry( or yeast cake if you prefer) from one 5.5 gallon primary for a full sized barrel as an example to how severely one is overpitching by reusing an entire batch of slurry in another 5 gallon batch.

Of course! What was I thinking? TN is just around the corner from TX. I could've went and grabbed some bottles from you and been back in no time. ;)
I believe I'd have a problem, or should I say my wife would have a problem, if I had 30+ cases of bottles. I have about 8-9 cases of empties and about 5-6 cases of bottled homebrew, not including wine. I think I'm about at her tolerance level. :D

Of course! What was I thinking? TN is just around the corner from TX. I could've went and grabbed some bottles from you and been back in no time. ;)
I believe I'd have a problem, or should I say my wife would have a problem, if I had 30+ cases of bottles. I have about 8-9 cases of empties and about 5-6 cases of bottled homebrew, not including wine. I think I'm about at her tolerance level. :D

We're right next to each other, at least alphabetically. You been up all night or just up early?

I have no idea how my wife puts up with me. She knows I have enough beer aging to fill all the bottles, so that somehow makes it ok.

Usual morning beverages here, oolong, water, emergenC. Packing up for the market.

Green tea, with a touch of my dad's orange blossom honey.

Got a 8 month service appointment for the wife later, I think they're changing her oil, flushing her fluids, hopefully they don't find any problems when they get her up on the lift. You know how dealerships are, as soon as the warranty is up, they hit you with new parts.

This just in, I'm a dink.

TN, are you a vendor at a farmer's market or do you literally have to pack up to go to a market? I don't know why I'm curious. :eek:

I literally have no idea how anyone will put up with my brewing unless I meet someone else who brews. The dishwasher has been sequestered for bottles and random gear like tubing, bottle wands, thief, syphon, etc. The pantry is made up of all kinds of crap including homer buckets for star san, oxyclean, bottling, fermentation, kettle, etc. Random junk fills the bottom shelf along with bottles, bottles of beer carbing, conditioning, etc. Basically, little by little the pantry is becoming the "brew closet" instead of the food closet.

I need to get my rear in gear and put something together in the garage where I can perhaps store some of this stuff. I do some woodworking and DIY crud so there is often sawdust flying, does anyone think it's a bad idea to store empty bottles and buckets in a garage? No doubt I'd rinse and sanitize before use, but I'm thinking if I reorganize, my tools and brew stuff can live happily out there.

Ramble ramble. I'm drinking coffee, lots of coffee and getting ready to get my brew day going.

Green tea, with a touch of my dad's orange blossom honey.

Got a 8 month service appointment for the wife later, I think they're changing her oil, flushing her fluids, hopefully they don't find any problems when they get her up on the lift. You know how dealerships are, as soon as the warranty is up, they hit you with new parts.

This just in, I'm a dink.

I hope they don't find anything wrong with your wife when they get her on the lift either. Though if I were the wife, I'd be pretty partial to my husband giving me a good lubing, not the dealership. :ban:

TN, are you a vendor at a farmer's market or do you literally have to pack up to go to a market? I don't know why I'm curious. :eek:

I literally have no idea how anyone will put up with my brewing unless I meet someone else who brews. The dishwasher has been sequestered for bottles and random gear like tubing, bottle wands, thief, syphon, etc. The pantry is made up of all kinds of crap including homer buckers for star san, oxyclean, bottling, fermentation, kettle, etc. Random junk fills the bottom shelf along with bottles, bottles of beer carbing, conditioning, etc. Basically, little by little the pantry is becoming the "brew closet" instead of the food closet.

I need to get my rear in gear and put something together in the garage where I can perhaps store some of this stuff. I do some woodworking and DIY crud, does anyone think it's a bad idea to store empty bottles and buckets in a garage? No doubt I'd rinse and sanitize before use, but I'm thinking if I reorganize, I my tools and brew stuff can live happily out there.

Ramble ramble. I'm drinking coffee, lots of coffee and getting ready to get my brew day going.

Store them upside down in the cases, save you some trouble later. But they'll be fine in the garage

For the future, invest in some Rubbermaid tubs, help organize your bottles by size and keeps them clean, though they must be dry before sealing them in a tub, one bottle will mold a whole batch trust me.

Hello said:
TN, are you a vendor at a farmer's market or do you literally have to pack up to go to a market? I don't know why I'm curious. :eek: I literally have no idea how anyone will put up with my brewing unless I meet someone else who brews. The dishwasher has been sequestered for bottles and random gear like tubing, bottle wands, thief, syphon, etc. The pantry is made up of all kinds of crap including homer buckets for star san, oxyclean, bottling, fermentation, kettle, etc. Random junk fills the bottom shelf along with bottles, bottles of beer carbing, conditioning, etc. Basically, little by little the pantry is becoming the "brew closet" instead of the food closet. I need to get my rear in gear and put something together in the garage where I can perhaps store some of this stuff. I do some woodworking and DIY crud so there is often sawdust flying, does anyone think it's a bad idea to store empty bottles and buckets in a garage? No doubt I'd rinse and sanitize before use, but I'm thinking if I reorganize, I my tools and brew stuff can live happily out there. Ramble ramble. I'm drinking coffee, lots of coffee and getting ready to get my brew day going.

Vendor. I was doing multiple markets the last few years and got pretty burnt out so I've just been doing one slower market on Saturdays this year. Just baked goods and a little jam this year, grew produce and roasted coffee as well in years past.

mcbaumannerb said:
Coffee with breakfast. Split my ECY09 starter - put half in the vial to use at bottling and added more wort to the other half spit an build up for tomorrow's brew.

Save the yeast for your next brew. Rehydrate .5g-1g of cuvée or champagne yeast to bottle.

Good call. In fact, I have a super large rubbermaid tub sitting right in my garage unused. I was trying to figure out what the hell to do with it since I emptied unused christmas decor from it to use it as a swamp cooler. BTW, something that large is impossible to move with all the water and two buckets of beer so I bought two smaller tubs for that noise.

I still have to do some organizing since the tub used to sit on a super awesome suspended shelf I built that will hold hundreds of pounds easy. I'm not keen on having to climb a ladder to get a tub of glass bottles down frequently. I'm a wuss.

Coffee here too. Gotta clean up after a busy day of bottling & runinin yesterday. gotta brew up my PM stout & dry hop my next batch of Maori IPA.

I was thinking about brewing a saison today. I've got some yeasties on my stir plate that I wasn't particularly planning on using to brew, but it's 3 liters and I only need 1.5 for the beer.

Hmmm. Hopefully the wife's appointment doesn't take too long. Someone crush my grains while I'm gone and we'll call it a done deal.

Channel66 said:
I was thinking about brewing a saison today. I've got some yeasties on my stir plate that I wasn't particularly planning on using to brew, but it's 3 liters and I only need 1.5 for the beer. Hmmm. Hopefully the wife's appointment doesn't take too long. Someone crush my grains while I'm gone and we'll call it a done deal.
Brewing a saison with ecy-08 saison blend yeast today as well. I didn't want it to go south on me before I was able to use it. I hate when that happens. Too many yeasties, not enough time.

Billy-Klubb said:
gooooood morning HBT!!! how's my fellow jerk faces this morning? I'm on my first coffee this morning.

I'm surprised you can sleep 'so late' on your days off.

Channel66 said:
I was thinking about brewing a saison today. I've got some yeasties on my stir plate that I wasn't particularly planning on using to brew, but it's 3 liters and I only need 1.5 for the beer. Hmmm. Hopefully the wife's appointment doesn't take too long. Someone crush my grains while I'm gone and we'll call it a done deal.

You've got backup gear so you can still brew after the Blingman got jacked?

FermentNEthinG said:
Brewing a saison with ecy-08 saison blend yeast today as well. I didn't want it to go south on me before I was able to use it. I hate when that happens. Too many yeasties, not enough time.

Finish that off with the 03B. I feel like the 08 is pretty well dominated by the 3711 esque component.

I need to get some 3726 going. I need to brew BdC again which I've got 072 for, but want to make 10 gallons of hoppy wheat and need something for that.

You've got backup gear so you can still brew after the Blingman got jacked?

I hadn't even used the boilermakers yet, I bought them, and the burners special for my new setup. They were still in plastic wrap. I think they even had a price sticker on them, that'll make them real easy to off load

I've still got a few keggles kicking around. No false bottom or braid though, so I'll have to grain bag it.

Vendor. I was doing multiple markets the last few years and got pretty burnt out so I've just been doing one slower market on Saturdays this year. Just baked goods and a little jam this year, grew produce and roasted coffee as well in years past.

Save the yeast for your next brew. Rehydrate .5g-1g of cuvée or champagne yeast to bottle.
That is awesome actually. I'm a fan of the farmer's market even though I get myself into trouble there with all the wonderful things to buy. I tried finding out if I could get away with selling ice cream there but in NC they're weird about diary goods made in home kitchens. Bastards.

I was thinking about brewing a saison today. I've got some yeasties on my stir plate that I wasn't particularly planning on using to brew, but it's 3 liters and I only need 1.5 for the beer.

Hmmm. Hopefully the wife's appointment doesn't take too long. Someone crush my grains while I'm gone and we'll call it a done deal.
I'm slightly disappointed that you didn't find my off-color remark about your wife's appointment at all amusing. Or maybe you're sparing me. :)
Coffee with a splash of bacardi oakheart!! Because I don't care ;-)
As you shouldn't! It's Saturday, no one should care today!

TNGabe said:
We're right next to each other, at least alphabetically. You been up all night or just up early?

I have no idea how my wife puts up with me. She knows I have enough beer aging to fill all the bottles, so that somehow makes it ok.

Usual morning beverages here, oolong, water, emergenC. Packing up for the market.

Got a few hours of shut eye. Had to get up early to head up to the hunting lease. About to head out and plant our wheat and oats for our fall crop.

Oh and on topic, drinking OJ and water.

Got a few hours of shut eye. Had to get up early to head up to the hunting lease. About to head out and plant our wheat and oats for our fall crop.

Oh and on topic, drinking OJ and water.

I really should go kill something! Plus I need more venison anywho! More coff.

Back