What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the color on this brew.

image-2451109454.jpg

Haven't tried this yet, interested if anyone's tried something similar:
10 # 2 row
1 # carapils
.5 # crystal 80
Cascade hops 1 oz. 60 min.
East kent .5 oz. 15 mins
East kent .5 oz. 5 mins

Yeast: Nottingham dry yeast

What do you think? Predictions on whether it will taste ok? I literally just built this beer with what I had on hand.

Note: I did have an efficiency problem. 1.040 OG that I attribute to too high a mash temp. Used DME and a healthy dose of corn sugar to reach 1.052, so I may be looking a thin beer with a low FG. My mash temp target was 150/151. Came out 155 or so. My grain must have been warmer than I had used to calculate strike water. Wasn't a PH or crack issue, had to be the temp.

Thoughts, predictions?

More than excited to start stocking my winter brews in the pantry

ForumRunner_20131012_122550.png

And to celebrate a solid pickup, a couple pours of Black Butte XXIII. Two years on this has done it reaaaally well

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131012_122650.png
    ForumRunner_20131012_122650.png
    380.1 KB · Views: 74
Channel66 said:
Some of marks saison while I brew one of my own. A freaking window washed up on my shore today. Check it! This is quite a tasty saison very well done! Thanks Mark!
Nice pic, mark should poster that

image-2032658036.jpg

Terrapin Recreation Ale. Perfect beer when you need to drink all day. Especially if you like galaxy.

image-4136657980.jpg

I need to make a sub 5% beer to keep in the kegerator with this much flavor, body and aroma

O.G. 1.064 (target was 1.062)
Sample of my toasted coconut stout which is just a very sweet stout right now. It's damn heavy and delicious.

It's late and I shouldn't start a second brew but I am all set up and in an effort to run over and help a neighbor struggling with their bags, I hastily put my iPad on the side of my truck and ran over. Shattered to the point where it is unsafe to touch because I had shards of glass all over my lap when I opened it to inspect it. Instead of crying I am going to brew more. If I wasn't strapped for cash due to home repairs (need heat this winter) I would buy another. It's my most used device. :(

First world problems and all that.

But the beer, I'm so happy with it. It's a variation of a recipe that I kind of made my own by reading these forums.
Ramble ramble.
IMG_5529.jpg

Terrapin Recreation Ale. Perfect beer when you need to drink all day. Especially if you like galaxy.

I need to make a sub 5% beer to keep in the kegerator with this much flavor, body and aroma

Just picked up a case of this today. It's the first time I saw it in PA.

Good stuff, it is a very close second behind my favorite session pale, sidekick by two brothers.

Also at $33 a case , it is an excellent beer for a good price.

It is 8.5%.

Also, I just opened a bottle of the double ipa that I bottled along with the one I sent you and it doesn't taste right. Still really Hazy and doesn't taste as clean as others I have done.. Maybe just a bad experience with London ale yeast.

It is 8.5%.

Also, I just opened a bottle of the double ipa that I bottled along with the one I sent you and it doesn't taste right. Still really Hazy and doesn't taste as clean as others I have done.. Maybe just a bad experience with London ale yeast.

I just opened it. It looks like chocolate milk lol. Smell is up with a dipa and the taste isnt bad. I get onioney taste amd a little vegetal. I liked the porter a lot better. Might be the yeast. Was it newly kegged?

I just opened it. It looks like chocolate milk lol. Smell is up with a dipa and the taste isnt bad. I get onioney taste amd a little vegetal. I liked the porter a lot better. Might be the yeast. Was it newly kegged?

it was only in the Keg for 1 week before I bottled it. Usually my dipa and ipa are good after 1 week in the keg. Maybe the lower flocculating yeast, or some heavy chill haze. It is all base malt mashed for 90 min at 148, so I don't think it is starch haze.

it was only in the Keg for 1 week before I bottled it. Usually my dipa and ipa are good after 1 week in the keg. Maybe the lower flocculating yeast, or some heavy chill haze. It is all base malt mashed for 90 min at 148, so I don't think it is starch haze.

Might be chill haze. Its getting a little clearer as it warms

Here is a pic I took right after i poured it

ForumRunner_20131012_164312.png

And a little supplication and dogpatch sour on deck. All warm ups for the de garde stuff. :D

Might be chill haze. Its getting a little clearer as it warms

Here is a pic I took right after i poured it

Should have named it swamp thing..

I am pre-gaming with some victory harvest ale. Will be hitting good Ole Phoenixville tonight.. A local bar has some Cigar city on draft and I must have some.

Latest posts

Back