What are you drinking? Belgo ipa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmcogar

Reaction score
IM drinking fat tires "BELGO". It's their Belgian IPA. First time for me. It's pretty tasty.

I had their "SNOW DAY" last weekend. I a pretty big fan of that one. Actually I'm a pretty big fan of anything fat tire makes.

Anything anyone can recommend? Or recommend not to have?
What's your thoughts on the beers in drinking?

CHEERS!

image-4023283338.jpg

have you seen the 'what are you drinking now?' thread? i'm a fan of some of New Belgium's beers, i really like the ranger IPA, snow day, and mighty arrow pale ale. their fat tire is ok, but it doesn't excite me like it used to. as far as what i'd recommend from New Belgium, if you haven't tried the Ranger and you like IPA, check it out, it's a really nice beer.

Yes, I had ranger for the first time on draft a couple months ago. Blown away with deliciousness. I've bought it a few times in bottles. It's goooood

I havnt heard of mighty arrow though. I'll try to find it. Thanks

I'll find that thread. Thanks.

the mighty arrow is one of their spring beers. it's a really nice li'l pale ale. keep an eye out for it, if you liked the ranger, you'd probably like that one too. as for what i'm drinking now, the second of four bottles of Pliny the Elder i ordered. if you like IPA's, that is a great beer. hard to find outside of cali, but there's online wine dealers that have it.

I have been stuck on "Belgo" lately also. I wasnt too pumped about it when I bought it, but it was the most interesting beer my little hometown beer shop had.

Took it home and drank it and fell in love.

Great Beer!

NordeastBrewer77 said:
the mighty arrow is one of their spring beers. it's a really nice li'l pale ale. keep an eye out for it, if you liked the ranger, you'd probably like that one too. as for what i'm drinking now, the second of four bottles of Pliny the Elder i ordered. if you like IPA's, that is a great beer. hard to find outside of cali, but there's online wine dealers that have it.

I'll ask my local liquor store to see if they will order that one. It's not the first time I've read/heard about Pliny the elder. It will be mine, oh yes it will be mine.

Belgo isn't bad. If you live in California try Stone's Cali-Belgique. It is the perfect style of belgian IPA.

I'm a huge Stone fan, but in this instance I actually prefer the Belgo. One of my new favorites.

Very similiar to Raging *****-- but for me that one is very hard to find versus just going to the supermarket and picking up Belgo

NB's Lips Of Faith series of beers are great. Don't know if they are available much outside of CO but if you can get ahold of any of the LOF beers you will enjoy them.

Lagunitas,stone,rogue,Bear country,Founders,Bells,Summit,2brothers, ballist point,definatly a Maharaja-forget the brewery at the moment but almost any of theirs and the list goes on................! Oh Avery,yes Durangana or about anything they make.Three floydes,Flossmoore station ipa.

Founders' Porter. Really good beer. I have 8 clones and 4 of the the real thing right now.

I'll ask my local liquor store to see if they will order that one. It's not the first time I've read/heard about Pliny the elder. It will be mine, oh yes it will be mine.

:rockin::rockin: if they won't order it, there's online stores you can order it from personally. as i'm sure you'll here a lot on HBT, pliny's well worth the effort! :tank:
my wife reminded me of another NB brew that we both love, 1554 black ale. good beer. and i second the Lips of Faith series by them, the ones in that series that i've tasted have been really nice.

I love snow day and Ranger. To be honest, not a fan of the Belgo. I like the hops - I guess I just don't like Belgian yeast. Have you tried Sierra Nevada Celebration? It's another seasonal, probably not around much longer. Good stuff.

Yeah, I used to work at an Irish pub. We got Sierra Nevada celebration on Tap every year around Christmas time. It was a good beer after a long day at work.

Yes, Belgo is also my current favorite from NB....although I also enjoy Ranger and Snow Day. Some of their other stuff.....not so much (Fat Tire, Blue Paddle, etc.).

I have been drinking up the Belgo since it came to Maryland.
I also like Clown Shoes "Muffin Top" and "Tramp Stamp".

My favorite NB offering is Hoptober. Fall seasonal, I believe. It's a golden ale with a great hop nose on it. I'm enjoying finally being able to get my hands on decent beer from New Belgium (Fat Tire never did it for me). That being said, I haven't tried Belgo. I have had a Belgian IPA from a little place in Michigan called Brewery Vivant. It was interesting and enjoyable, although I could see it being somewhat of an acquired taste.

I'm surprised that many people don't like fat tire. In my opinion it's a beer u can drink all day. Much better then the usual "coors light" people say is the only beer they can drink all day. Uhhhhg gross.....

Just had my 4th for the day. Lol

Honestly, I would take a Natty lite or PBR light over a fat tire. IMO, the same amount of taste with fewer calories. Anything not a Light American Lager should have flavor. Fat Tire has very little, to me.

Now if I wanted something good, I'd go find a nice golden ale or pale ale to session with. Hoptober or Ranger over Fat Tire any day.

Back