Walmart Sam's Choice Juice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dchalladay

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am traditionally a beer brewer but my brother brews exclusively brews cider and has me wanting to give this a shot. He mentioned he uses the TreeTop juice from Wally World (Walmart) but I went to my local one and they did not have it. They do however have the Sam's Choice Fresh Pressed 100% Apple Juice. Not from concentrate. I attached a photo of it.

I have 2 questions.

1) Is this okay to use?
2) Should i be concerned about the "With Added Vitamin C"

I plan on starting a few batches tomorrow so it will hopefully be ready by xmas eve at my family party! My brother is brining some of his cider into town and I want to share mine with him! :mug:

Attach55212_20161120_131714.jpg

As long as the ingredients are water, apple juice concentrate, and ascorbic acid (Vitamin C); you should be good to go. I've used Wal-mart brand to make cider several times and have had great success.

As long as the ingredients are water, apple juice concentrate, and ascorbic acid (Vitamin C); you should be good to go. I've used Wal-mart brand to make cider several times and have had great success.

The ingredients won't list apple juice concentrate, as the label clearly states "Not from concentrate".

Oddly enough, they add maltodextrin to this juice... dietary fiber.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-100-Apple-Juice-64-Oz/10315804

It will be fine to use for fermenting cider.

Back