Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still playing Witcher3 when I am not shooting COD Zombies with my son.

He's begging me for GTA5 so he can play online. I am okay with online. Trouble is you can't get GTAO without GTA5 and he is 9 years old. Worse, he had a birthday recently and wants to buy it with his own money.

Best way to tell him no. Or not until he is of x age. I beat GTA5 and its definitely not for a 9yo or online too but your choice

Best way to tell him no. Or not until he is of x age. I beat GTA5 and its definitely not for a 9yo or online too but your choice

I know GTA5 in not appropriate. But, does the online side have anything of concern besides the car jacking and shooting? We've watched videos of GTAO and from what I have seen it's not much different than COD and Halo in multiplayer.

Are there sexually explicit cutscenes, illicit drug use cutscenes in GTAO?

He's begging me for GTA5 so he can play online. I am okay with online. Trouble is you can't get GTAO without GTA5 and he is 9 years old. Worse, he had a birthday recently and wants to buy it with his own money.

Have you played GTA Online? The dialogue he'll hear there from the other players is every bit as bad as the single player game (sometimes worse).

Edit: the violent content is pretty much the same either way, but online you run into a bunch of wannabe gangsta teens saying stupid stuff constantly.

Have you played GTA Online? The dialogue he'll hear there from the other players is every bit as bad as the single player game (sometimes worse)..

Idk, the things 10yo children said to me on Halo multiplayer were pretty bad, too.

I'm not even sure they've met my mom, but they were pretty adamant on that point.

Idk, the things 10yo children said to me on Halo multiplayer were pretty bad, too.

I'm not even sure they've met my mom, but they were pretty adamant on that point.

There is this youtube guy, Lui Calibre. Have seen a few of his videos. He uses a voice app to change his voice and he sounds and talks like a 5 year old. He keeps it pretty clean but he does talk about peoples Moms.

Might be your best bet. I haven't played GTAO in a while, but I don't think there was any graphic sexual or drug content otherwise.

To hear his mom, I'm not even sure not having the headset matters. But, that is my rule with him to play online unless it is a private party with known/verified friends.

I know GTA5 in not appropriate. But, does the online side have anything of concern besides the car jacking and shooting? We've watched videos of GTAO and from what I have seen it's not much different than COD and Halo in multiplayer.

Are there sexually explicit cutscenes, illicit drug use cutscenes in GTAO?

I halo you shoot aliens not people. He can pick up a hooker in GTA online and go first person. Theres that.

I halo you shoot aliens not people. He can pick up a hooker in GTA online and go first person. Theres that.

Not convinced a 9 year old really makes the distinction between Alien/People but, even if they do, that is still not entirely true. They play a lot of Halo forge maps which is PvP.

I am not concerned about the violence aspect. Just about every game has that, even Minecraft when they are beating down a villiager or zombie or each other. And, as I said before, we play COD together too.

The sexual and drug use do bother me. I knew GTA5 had the hooker bit. Was unsure if GTAO had that or not.

QUOTE]

I've put so many hours into Witcher 3. Though I tend to play games to death to get every last fantastic experience from it. I did go to playing The Witcher Enhanced Edition until they released patch 1.08. I am not an achievement hound, but with all achievements broken with 1.07 (and not being retroactively awarded when the patch came out) I stopped for a bit so I wouldn't miss out on any. Though now I want to finish the first game before going back.

Mad Max. Then again in November it'll be Fallout.

I'm hoping Mad Max is as good as it looks. I have fond memories of Interstate '76 and I'd really like a modern version of it.

I too am curious about Mad Max.

Already have Fallout Pre-Orered.

Doom is the next after that.

I'm stuck on Witcher. Game is starting to get really glitched out. Really sucks because I am finally getting the timing right in combat.

I'm hoping Mad Max is as good as it looks. I have fond memories of Interstate '76 and I'd really like a modern version of it.

Got ya. I thought you might have been talking about Fallout so I got nervous. I don't keep up on dates so I often miss releases.

I so hope that FO4 isnt all hype, and the equipment stays balanced. I loved 1-3, and am considering reinstalling 3 to play with some mods, but for some reason I worry they are trying to cram too much into 4. The build your own weapons/power armor looks sweet, but with how much customizing you can do gives lots of opportunity for unbalance.

But still, I want. And not to wait.

I so hope that FO4 isnt all hype, and the equipment stays balanced. I loved 1-3, and am considering reinstalling 3 to play with some mods, but for some reason I worry they are trying to cram too much into 4. The build your own weapons/power armor looks sweet, but with how much customizing you can do gives lots of opportunity for unbalance.

From what I have read, the game is done. They are simply working on "fixing" it to avoid continuing their reputation of releasing incomplete games.

I have also read that 3rd party developers are already working on PC and Xbox mods to the game.

I NEVER get to play video games anymore now that I have kids and responsibilities (except some stuff on my tablet while lying in bed)... but Fallout 2 was my favorite game of all time and I might have to upgrade my PC and lock myself in the office for a few weeks when Fallout 4 comes out.

Fallout 3 was pretty good, but didn't quite have the magic that Fallout 2 had for me.

I try to avoid pre-ordering games. Been burned on that one before.

That being said, I couldn't avoid pre-ordering Mad Max.

Fallout 4 is next in line.

I try to avoid pre-ordering games. Been burned on that one before.

That being said, I couldn't avoid pre-ordering Mad Max.

Fallout 4 is next in line.

I get that. It's the pre-order bonuses that get you though. Like a child wanting the cereal because of the toy. Except we already know we'll eat the cereal so long as it will come out of the box.

problem is the preorder pipboy disappeared so quick. Then again, I really dont see myself wearing my cellphone in one. Might be especially cool if you could sync it with your FO4 game and use it to display stuff whilst playing

problem is the preorder pipboy disappeared so quick. Then again, I really dont see myself wearing my cellphone in one. Might be especially cool if you could sync it with your FO4 game and use it to display stuff whilst playing

From what I have read, this was the intent. Pull up the smartglass app, sync with fallout, and use it to select inventory, map, etc..

Can still be done without the PIP Boy toy.

From what I have read, this was the intent. Pull up the smartglass app, sync with fallout, and use it to select inventory, map, etc..

Can still be done without the PIP Boy toy.

They are releasing a Pipboy app when the game launches. So no need for Smartglass. It should look exactly what you see on the screen or pipboy which one you ordered

Beta Access for COD on PS4 drops tomorrow. Of course it's the day before my 2nd child is born. Think the wife will notice if I sneak outta the hospital to go play?Or hell better yet just being the PS4 to the hospital.

Considering picking up a laptop off Amazon... my pc at home needs some repairs and I'd just like to have something to bum around the house and chill on the deck with. Primary usage would be email, brewing sites, fantasy football and if gaming, at most, something like Path of Exile. Nothing intense.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SV72ZA2/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Would any of you be able to recommend this? Of course reading through the comments/reviews does not help. ASUS regurgitates their specs saying it meets minimum requirements. Half reviews absolutely love it. Half reviews absolutely hate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have gotten all the COD games the day they come out. I don't think I'm going to get this one. I was not a fan of AW. Hated the futuristic part of it. I want MW ones to come back. I just bought MW3 on Steam.

That laptop will play low res games. Possibly higher res games on low but integrated graphics cards usually aren't all that good

I have gotten all the COD games the day they come out. I don't think I'm going to get this one. I was not a fan of AW. Hated the futuristic part of it. I want MW ones to come back. I just bought MW3

MW3 IMO was the best and last COD game worth having. That's why I'm excited about the beta. If it completely sucks I'm going down to the store and canceling.

Report back to us about it. I would like to try it but my PS is in storage while my place gets work done.

I'm really curious about Mad Max.. From what I read in xbox mag it looks like it will be a damn god vehicular destruction driving game with a lot to do. I'm worried about the gameplay being repetitive though.

I'm really curious about Mad Max.. From what I read in xbox mag it looks like it will be a damn god vehicular destruction driving game with a lot to do. I'm worried about the gameplay being repetitive though.

This. Unless they blend open world RPG with destruction derby warmachines well, I see that game getting very repetitive quickly and not tied to the plot of the movie very well.

From what I understand, it isn't supposed to be tied to the movie plot. It's a stand alone free roam game. They talked about it having things popping out of no where to distract the player from going straight through the story. You're supposed to be able drive indefinitely into the sand storm borders. The weather is supposed to actually affect game play and force strategy changes.

But will all those distractions popping up be like "oh gee ANOTHER ambush of people buried in the sand.. only 6 of those in the last 5 minutes"

Considering picking up a laptop off Amazon... my pc at home needs some repairs and I'd just like to have something to bum around the house and chill on the deck with. Primary usage would be email, brewing sites, fantasy football and if gaming, at most, something like Path of Exile. Nothing intense.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SV72ZA2/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Would any of you be able to recommend this? Of course reading through the comments/reviews does not help. ASUS regurgitates their specs saying it meets minimum requirements. Half reviews absolutely love it. Half reviews absolutely hate it.

Asus makes superior high end hardware but their laptops are on the same level as HP and Dell. It is a cheap laptop that will work just fine for what you are doing, however there is nothing spectacular or flashy about it. Specs are much better than the Chromebooks in the same price range. Biggest gripe that I have of every Asus laptop that I have owned is the short wifi range.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back