Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asus makes superior high end hardware but their laptops are on the same level as HP and Dell. It is a cheap laptop that will work just fine for what you are doing, however there is nothing spectacular or flashy about it. Specs are much better than the Chromebooks in the same price range. Biggest gripe that I have of every Asus laptop that I have owned is the short wifi range.

Thanks man. I ordered it yesterday. I'm not doing anything overpowering on it, so I'm hopeful that it was a good purchase. Really just couldn't beat the price.

I'm really curious about Mad Max.. From what I read in xbox mag it looks like it will be a damn god vehicular destruction driving game with a lot to do. I'm worried about the gameplay being repetitive though.

My perfect Mad Max game would be Red Dead Redemption with cars instead of horses. This would be more appealing to me than going the Rage/Just Cause/Borderlands route. Hard to tell which direction they will choose.

My perfect Mad Max game would be Red Dead Redemption with cars instead of horses. This would be more appealing to me than going the Rage/Just Cause/Borderlands route. Hard to tell which direction they will choose.

I agree with this 110%! I pre-ordered Rage and was disappointed after about an hour.

So since I'm such a nice guy and we here are all geeks in our own way. Since I pre ordered COD they gave me my beta code plus 2 codes to share. I gave 1 away to my buddy and still have 1 left that I will post here for you guys. Obviously first come first serve. It's for the PS4 only

Aaaaaaaannnnndddddd go!

PEA6-LANQ-PPED

I've no idea of how many hours into Witcher 3 I am now. Just released Dandelion and have yet to go to Skellige.

I've gotten into the "swing of things" with the combat and mixing it up instead of hack and slash. But one thing has become very annoying to me.

While the story is great, there is too much fecking chattering dialogue. AND the dialogue is too fecking slow.

I think, maybe, I just need to give it a rest for a bit.

So since I'm such a nice guy and we here are all geeks in our own way. Since I pre ordered COD they gave me my beta code plus 2 codes to share. I gave 1 away to my buddy and still have 1 left that I will post here for you guys. Obviously first come first serve. It's for the PS4 only

Aaaaaaaannnnndddddd go!

PEA6-LANQ-PPED

If thats still open I'll try it this weekend. How is it, any thoughts? Advanced Warfare was highly disappointing.

How so?

I like to play campaigns more than PvPMMO. Had COD MW and was really disappoint. Haven't played much AW campaign but I have played a LOT of Local PvP and it's been a lot of fun.

Yeah, AW multiplayer is fine. That's really all that I get those games for, but im not a fan of the jumping and boosting. Im okay at it too, but I miss the raw war. I guess its more disappointing because of the fact that a lot of my 'less-coordinated' friends stopped playing and switched to Destiny raiding. They can't keep up with the kids and try-hards on CoD normally. Now to have them boost jumping and dodging, it was just too much for them and they all quit.

Ill take realistic warfare games over laz0rz and jetpacks any day. I miss throwing knives/axes. Thats my bread and butter. Oh, yeah... these dudes can jump, boost, float damn near fly around the map. Shoot grenades out of their launcher attachment... spike drone (throwing weapon)? Yeah. It dribbles out of their launcher about 10 ft. You could throw it further than the thing shoots it.

Ill take realistic warfare games over laz0rz and jetpacks any day. I miss throwing knives/axes. Thats my bread and butter. Oh, yeah... these dudes can jump, boost, float damn near fly around the map. Shoot grenades out of their launcher attachment... spike drone (throwing weapon)? Yeah. It dribbles out of their launcher about 10 ft. You could throw it further than the thing shoots it.

Ha.

Played Sniper Elite not too long. That was fun.

If thats still open I'll try it this weekend. How is it, any thoughts? Advanced Warfare was highly disappointing.

Open until Monday 2am PST I think. I've only played 3 matches bc we just had our 2nd son. So when I leave the hospital to let the dogs out I hit up one match. It's better then the last, reminds me of Titan Fall for pc and Xbox with how you can jump and run on walls. But it's a real small sample size. You can also swim and shoot underwater so there's that

Ha.

Played Sniper Elite not too long. That was fun.

Oh and the AW campaign was extremely disappointing. The first mission or two were promising and fresh. The rest of it was all regurgitated story from previous games, following the same patterns.

Sniper Elite was excellent, but highly repetitive.

I think Battlefield 4 and Hardline are the most rewarding and challenging games to use sniper rifles on. Especially when you take a shot, get up to relocate, and then a kill rings in because it was such a long shot. The bullet drop is amazing. When you hit a guy on the other side of a building because you dropped the bullet over the roof. Man. Feels good.

I just can't do the online games. I get tired of getting my ass handed to me by some 7 yr old trash talker that has nothing better to do in their lives but memorize and play video games lol. Takes all the fun out of it for me.

I don't mind the COD campaign, they just get boring after a while. I haven't played on in probably 5 or 6 games. I buy them now for online. I don't think I'll be buying this new one. I usually play them a lot but AW just didn't do it for me. I haven't even prestiged yet. I just can't get into the super jumping and exo crap. I just want modern day weapons with new maps.

I don't mind the COD campaign, they just get boring after a while. I haven't played on in probably 5 or 6 games. I buy them now for online. I don't think I'll be buying this new one. I usually play them a lot but AW just didn't do it for me. I haven't even prestiged yet. I just can't get into the super jumping and exo crap. I just want modern day weapons with new maps.

Oh, the AW maps were horrid too. They use to have massive maps in the old games.

Now your character can jump super high and far... and the maps are nuketown size? GTFO. So stupid.

There were a few AW maps I liked, it was the silly high jump that was annoying. I think Black Ops had my favorite maps. I don't think there was one map I hated playing. Not having those stupid futuristic stuff made Nuke Town fun especially with domination with B right in the middle.

I hope they bring it back to modern times with regular jumping, no super human exo thing and modern weapons. Until then, I'll be saving $60.

Girl from shipping just brought me my laptop. It was here by 9am. So excited to check it out, hope it doesn't suck.

Tried Splatoon last night. They had a demo weekend. I knew going into it, it would be more for kids but it was kind of fun. Just something you can sit down for 30 minutes and play without having to think at all. I'm not sure I would buy it for $60 but when it drops down to $30 I might.

Splatoon may be my favorite Wii U game. It's close between that and Smash. It's online play is very fun and it's combinations are interesting.

I'm getting Gears tomorrow and am so excited. I miss Gears and it's multiplayer. Hopefully it's much improved from Judgement

Im hoping to check out Steam, whatever that is, with this new laptop. My brother says he uses it for all the games he plays. Computer is having a hard time upgrading to windows 10 right now, but the wireless internet here is pretty horrible. I may have to wait until I get home to get a direct connection.

Steam is basically iTunes for games. They have a huge library of games. The UI is great. Huge game sales a few times a year. If they don't sell a game you play (Diablo 3 for example) you can still have it in your steam library so you can open it from there. It is also great to play with friends.

Im hoping to check out Steam, whatever that is, with this new laptop. My brother says he uses it for all the games he plays. Computer is having a hard time upgrading to windows 10 right now, but the wireless internet here is pretty horrible. I may have to wait until I get home to get a direct connection.

As I understand it, Steam is to PC as is Xbox Live is to Xbox as is Playstation Plus is to Playstation.

In other words, it is a PC games marketplace and a collection of servers for online play.

I've finally walked away from Destiny for a break, and picked Crysis 2 back up again and lo and behold am kinda liking it now. First bit was drudgery but am now getting into a groove mostly stealth sniping everything. May go back and play on the hardest level, or just mop up the collectible achievements. Or I may just move on to another non-Destiny game until Taken King lands. Will decide after finishing the story.

COD campaigns since post-WaW have been epic in how cheesy they are, but so long as you ignore the hollow stories can be some fun shooty shoot boom boom. Haven't bought a COD since MW3, gawd what a mistake that was. Fecking awful that one.

Haven't played AW yet, usually play the COD campaign at my bros place every year at xmas when visiting, but this past year we were too busy with Destiny and just never gotten around to it. Online..... have avoided it like the plague except some Blops 2 with buddies. BF3 was my MP game, it chewed up most of a year. Now pretty much just play Iron Banner in Destiny when the time comes around.

Oh, the AW maps were horrid too. They use to have massive maps in the old games.

Now your character can jump super high and far... and the maps are nuketown size? GTFO. So stupid.

Looks like they're fixing that in BLOPS 3, seemingly lots of room to move and lots of free flowing wall running and such in the trailers. It's looking more like a sequel to Titanfall (ironic I think) minus the giant mechs.
That's the impression I'm getting at least. My bro is interested as well as some friends, may have to give it a shot come the holidays.

I do miss BF3.... massive MASSIVE maps with tanks and jets all over the place, sniping from ~1000 yards away and popping someone's skull (if memory serves... 940-ish is my record using the SV98 I think), C4 on EVERYTHING, taking peoples dogtags from behind.... definitely more up my alley. Just no one I know plays it anymore.

My recent guilty pleasure is Fallout Shelter on my cell phone. I know its basically a fill the bar type of thing, but it is hard until you get the hang of it. And something can come around and kill off half your vault without notice if you dont plan ahead accordingly.

My recent guilty pleasure is Fallout Shelter on my cell phone. I know its basically a fill the bar type of thing, but it is hard until you get the hang of it. And something can come around and kill off half your vault without notice if you dont plan ahead accordingly.

Want to play it. But have Kindle, last I looked it wasn't available. I'll look again.

Sad thing about Gears Ultimate, it reminds me how much more I liked Gears 2 and 3 Multiplayer. Don't get me wrong, original was good, but 2 and 3 were so much better. I still haven't really adapted to the changes or I guess I should say non-changes.

Sad thing about Gears Ultimate, it reminds me how much more I liked Gears 2 and 3 Multiplayer. Don't get me wrong, original was good, but 2 and 3 were so much better. I still haven't really adapted to the changes or I guess I should say non-changes.

I only became familiar with Gears 3 and beyond. Never could understand what the hype was all about.

I'll have to check that out.

I've been playing Happy Wheels... omfg. Hilarious.

I tried to play Path of Exile on my new laptop.
It didn't work. Failsauce all over the place.
Guess it is just an email machine.

I tried to play Path of Exile on my new laptop.
It didn't work. Failsauce all over the place.
Guess it is just an email machine.

Have you tried lowering the video settings?

Some games can be played on a laptop without a dedicated graphics card but it is always best to have one. My old Sony laptop didn't. It would still play some games on low but not all that great. My Asus has a GC and it can play any game on high. More money but worth it.

Have you tried lowering the video settings?

Some games can be played on a laptop without a dedicated graphics card but it is always best to have one. My old Sony laptop didn't. It would still play some games on low but not all that great. My Asus has a GC and it can play any game on high. More money but worth it.

Oh yeah, this laptop cost $250, I didn't expect much out of it.

I can play it if I go into the config file and alter the settings manually turning them all the way down below what the in-game options settings allow. So if I really want to sit on the deck, drink a beer and play outside... I can.. it just looks like atari.

For the first time in ages I have an actual list of preorder games. After recently getting Gears which I preordered, I have MArio Maker, Battlefront, and Fallout 4 on preorder, November is gonna be a bat**** insane month. I was gonna get Rock Band 4, but I can't imagine even remotely having the time given my current list of games I own and the ones I have coming in.

That's why I want it too. Plus my old stuff will work with it, and a lot of my DLC will work as well. I will have a literal stable of songs to play. My gf doesn't like playing it though, and my current apartment doesn't allow loud parties so I'm OK to wait.

Heh - I only have a PS2, and I really only play PS1 games on it, when I play games at all.

It's been a while...

:)

For the first time in ages I have an actual list of preorder games. After recently getting Gears which I preordered, I have MArio Maker, Battlefront, and Fallout 4 on preorder, November is gonna be a bat**** insane month. I was gonna get Rock Band 4, but I can't imagine even remotely having the time given my current list of games I own and the ones I have coming in.

Seriously considering Battlefront, Guardians, Black Op3, Rise of TR, an Dishonored 2.

Dunno how I'd managed to get any played tho. Witcher 3 is a time hog. Haven't even started playing Outlast, and the W3 DLC should launch soon. Already have FO4 on po and already know that'll be a time hog too.

Seriously considering Battlefront, Guardians, Black Op3, Rise of TR, an Dishonored 2.

Dunno how I'd managed to get any played tho. Witcher 3 is a time hog. Haven't even started playing Outlast, and the W3 DLC should launch soon. Already have FO4 on po and already know that'll be a time hog too.

Wait, what? I thought all of the DLC for witcher 3 had been released already.

This week I just started replaying Vanilla Fallout 3 with the Wasteland Wanderers Edition mod. I seem to remember the graphics being better than they are. This mod makes it far harder than I remember and I cant seem to remember the key bindings after playing so much Skyrim. Looking forward to 4.

Back