Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry guys, I'm still wrecking enough noobs for all of us on Elder Scrolls.
With all my friends...
I play alone :(

Wait, what? I thought all of the DLC for witcher 3 had been released already.

With the release of New Game+ all 16 of the free DLC are out. But, there are still 2 more paid DLC guaranteed to release. "Hearts of Stone" is set to release in October and add around 10 hours of content and rumor has it, another potential for romance.. "Blood and Wine" is said to release in April.

Only thing that is making rockband a potential for me right now.. is it's god to pull out for parties

I'll probably buy it too for that reason, although my old instruments are a little beat up and I'm not sure it's worth dropping $250 on the full bundle.

I quit playing games like that after being able to play Through the Fire and Flames..
Behind my head..
While drinking from my beer helmet..

Yeah dude.

I'll probably buy it too for that reason, although my old instruments are a little beat up and I'm not sure it's worth dropping $250 on the full bundle.

I'm not too psyched up by the songs they've announced for Rock Band 4 so far.

I actually like the new guitar.. I'll probably end up getting the whole kit :(

There will be more.. and the ones from previous versions are supposed to be compatible too I think

I actually like the new guitar.. I'll probably end up getting the whole kit :(

There will be more.. and the ones from previous versions are supposed to be compatible too I think

Not all the ones, but it's a massive list. I know most of the ones I bought and cared about were on there. As well as the old game content if you did that as well. I'd have a truly insane back catalog.

Few new ones I'm excited for. Metropolis part 1, Friday I'm in love, Somebody ToldMe, All over you, Your Love, THe Impression that I get, A Passage to Bangkok. No One Like you, Panama, and a few others too.

Just beat Fallout 3 for the second time but first with all the DLC. Now 100% Complete for what I know. Might of missed some hidden quest. Need to play Fallout New vegas and have Skyrim which i havent even scratch the surface of.

Need to finish Wolfenstien the old blood. I played it last night and got my ass kicked plus I was being stupid.

Anyone play Mad Max yet?
Mixed reviews, is it even worth getting at 1/2 price?

How about Witcher 3?
I couldn't get into Witcher 1 due to the clunky controls and I quickly ran through Witcher 2 (it was good but not $60 good).

Anyone play Mad Max yet?
Mixed reviews, is it even worth getting at 1/2 price?

How about Witcher 3?
I couldn't get into Witcher 1 due to the clunky controls and I quickly ran through Witcher 2 (it was good but not $60 good).

Dunno about Mad Max, and did not play Witcher 1 or 2.

Took me a while to get used to combat in Witcher3 but game clock says I have played for 15 days, I've only just started Act 2, and I am hooked.

I came across a guy that was trying to fish on ESO last night.
Got all sneaky and stalked up the river to him.
Waited until his next cast and jumped out of the water.
Raped his face.

Was so pleased with myself I forgot to record it.
I suck.

Just finished Wasteland 2 last night, 70 hours of my life that I will never get back.
I had to force myself to finish it as I really wanted to like it.
I am a huge fallout fan so this game instantly appealed to me, but there are some glaring problems with this game that I couldn't get over.
I would recommend Fallout Tactics over this game for a similar experience at a fraction of the cost.

My oldest, a 9 year old, is way too dramatic about video games. Whiney, blames everything but himself. I love him with every fiber of my body but it is hard to play video games with him because he is so uptight. Didn't used to be that way.

My youngest, a 6 year old, doesn't give a ****. His philosophy is that of "next best thing to playing an winning, is playing and losing" cause at least he is in the game. Such a joy to play video games with.

With my 1300 ms latency (average, often spikes higher, once in a while goes lower to 700 ms), I had to cancel my WoW account. PvP is the only reason to play the game, and unless I play a ranged insta-cast class, I can't PvP at all. Forget trying to be a melee class, people move too much and I'm always a second and a half behind.

For the same reason, I can't play CoD anymore. I used to be damned good at those games (then again, CoD doesn't take much), and now I can barely hit somebody with a tube class.

Now i'm stuck playing games like Town of Salem, Hearthstone...you know games where timing isn't much of an issue.

I just watched through the trailer for Star Wars Battlefront and I am happy to say that I am excited for a Star Wars game for the first time since the X-Wing/Tie Fighter series. In fact so excited that I plunked down the cash in advance.

Of course this is for my son for Christmas... so I tell SWMBO.

I just watched through the trailer for Star Wars Battlefront and I am happy to say that I am excited for a Star Wars game for the first time since the X-Wing/Tie Fighter series. In fact so excited that I plunked down the cash in advance.

oh man. i played the sh-t out of x-wing/tie fighter.

I was about to do the same too. And then I saw blogs about how what they have in testing is not even close to what they are advertising.

Was enough to make me a skeptic that will wait til' post release bug fixes.

Of course, this is from a guy who pre-ordered Fallout 4 and we all know how reliable Bethesda is at release. ;)

I dunno. I gave up on Destiny. Saw no point getting the Xbox One version. My son plays it now and is begging me for the XB1 version.

I played the taken king last night got from 34 to 39 real quick. So far this is much better that the base game and the expansion. There is actual story and characters actually has merit why they are there. I'm not too far into it yet but so far i like it.

Few complaints you have to go to the two social spaces pretty often for different missions which is annoying. Still not a challenge on the story missions I played so far. The new enemies are cool. We will see once I get further in and once the raid is open

I played the taken king last night got from 34 to 39 real quick. So far this is much better that the base game and the expansion. There is actual story and characters actually has merit why they are there. I'm not too far into it yet but so far i like it.

Few complaints you have to go to the two social spaces pretty often for different missions which is annoying. Still not a challenge on the story missions I played so far. The new enemies are cool. We will see once I get further in and once the raid is open

Explain something to me.

Is taken king and expansion on previous Destiny content? Or is it a standalone thing? (Destiny 2.0) Must one have played through all the previous content to have access to taken king?

I've never been very clear on this.

Seems like an expansion (character level wise) but is at a price point as if it is a standalone game.

I tried Destiny when it first came out.

Turns out if you have a ****ty ISP, don't even bother picking this up. I get halfway through a mission and my internet cuts out, requiring me to wait for it to come back up, then I restart everything from the start of that mission.

In all this time, I've managed to unlock up to Venus, but haven't gone there yet.

Turns out if you have a ****ty ISP, don't even bother picking this up. I get halfway through a mission and my internet cuts out, requiring me to wait for it to come back up, then I restart everything from the start of that mission.

In all this time, I've managed to unlock up to Venus, but haven't gone there yet.

I played to the point where the only way to advance was to join Raids or keep grinding away at everything I've seen 100x before and/or keep repeating weekly/daylies. Then they changed the weekly/daylies (I forget exactly how) and I put it down.

I too had some NAT issues that were problematic in Crucible (of which I SUCK).

Destiny is an awesome FPS concept. It just falls short for me with the group raid requirement. I would be thrilled if it was scalable to a local multiplayer scenario like Borderlands was/is.

Explain something to me.

Is taken king and expansion on previous Destiny content? Or is it a standalone thing? (Destiny 2.0) Must one have played through all the previous content to have access to taken king?

I've never been very clear on this.

Seems like an expansion (character level wise) but is at a price point as if it is a standalone game.

I pretty much got the base game free so that why I purchased this. You need the base game. They use some of the same areas for a few missions. There is a thing you can use that levels one of your characters to the level you can start The Taken King. IDK if it fills in the original game content so you can skip it. Thats why I only have 1 character. Not playing the game 3 times over. Also hate the lack of match making. Its annoying to grab random people to actually play the good parts of the game. I do not play P V P often. I'm decent at it.

Yea that sucks about the game. You cant play that game off line. I got booted a few times but rarely.

You need the base game. They use some of the same areas for a few missions. There is a thing you can use that levels one of your characters to the level you can start The Taken King. IDK if it fills in the original game content so you can skip it. Thats why I only have 1 character. Not playing the game 3 times over. Also hate the lack of match making. Its annoying to grab random people to actually play the good parts of the game. I do not play P V P often. I'm decent at it.

Ahh. I'd be more tempted to try Taken King if it didn't require the base game. I bought the base game + season pass on 360 and the offer for XB1 version is gone. IIRC, they still offer all the expansions up to TK for free on XB1 but you have to repurchase teh base.

:drunk:

I'd be satiated if places like VOG and other raids had in game matchmaking.

Ahh. I'd be more tempted to try Taken King if it didn't require the base game. I bought the base game + season pass on 360 and the offer for XB1 version is gone. IIRC, they still offer all the expansions up to TK for free on XB1 but you have to repurchase teh base.

:drunk:

I'd be satiated if places like VOG and other raids had in game matchmaking.

You might find the base real cheap at gamestop. I got it on the current systems. IDK if the 360 destiny will be backwards compatible with the xb1. Matchmaking in all will make me like the game better. I'll run the raids a lot more than I did.

They are supposed to be making XB1 backwards compatible with 360 stuff now. The question is how long will that take?

They are supposed to be making XB1 backwards compatible with 360 stuff now. The question is how long will that take?

Yes. But not everything. IIUC, it depends on the developers permissions. And looking at the current lineup of compatible games it doesn't look like anything to get too excited about.

Yeah.. But the list isn't complete.. it's supposed to be a growing list where they keep on adding to it. I can only imagine hugely popular titles will make their way to compatibility, but no clue how long it will take to add anything.

Yeah.. But the list isn't complete.. it's supposed to be a growing list where they keep on adding to it. I can only imagine hugely popular titles will make their way to compatibility, but no clue how long it will take to add anything.

Hopefully this is the last Xbox that will have issues with backwards capability.
If Microsoft didn't make the boneheaded decision to use PowerPC architecture on the Xbox 360 we could probably have backwards capability all the way back to the original Xbox.

I believe it'll be out in the coming months. They update is coming soon.

Hopefully this is the last Xbox that will have issues with backwards capability.
If Microsoft didn't make the boneheaded decision to use PowerPC architecture on the Xbox 360 we could probably have backwards capability all the way back to the original Xbox.

Its not easy to emulate these types of games because of the different hardware and specifications. Backwards capability basically tricks the CPU to run like the 360 CPU in a program that emulates it. Its not as easy as it appears.

I believe it'll be out in the coming months. They update is coming soon.

Its not easy to emulate these types of games because of the different hardware and specifications. Backwards capability basically tricks the CPU to run like the 360 CPU in a program that emulates it. Its not as easy as it appears.

Yes. Backwards compat will be by way of an emulator app on the XB1. To the degree that even Xb Live won't know the difference.

In the 360, they wanted to have their own CPU architecture so they could control the manufacturing process better and take advantage of future improvements like SoC to reduce the manufacturing costs further into the product lifecycle. They got really stuck with late generation XBOX (original) hardware because nobody wanted to manufacture those parts anymore, so they ended up paying a premium for them rather than being able to scale down costs.

Their new architecture is already a SoC (no cost gains to be had there in future versions), but presumably they can take advantage of die shrinks as things move forward.

Back