Very First Batch...I have Carbonation!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earl

Reaction score
This is a True Brew Pale Ale kit.
First 2 weeks in fermenter at room temp and last 2 weeks in 60F basement.
Bottled and left in basement 60-62F. Was concerned that this might be a bit cool for carbonation to start so after 4 days I just had to check. Slowly opened the bottle and there was a very nice sound! Poured a small amount in a juice glass. Still quite bitter but carbonation has started!! Kit directions state 4 weeks for bottle conditioning (minimum) Looks like it is clearing nicely! I will pour a glass next week and post a picture. Thanks for the help! Cheers!!

Congrats Earl! Waiting for those first bottles to condition is rough! I recommend get that fermenter back into action so you can start a pipeline. Once this batch is ready it will be gone long before you can brew/ferment/condition the next batch. :mug:

Congrats - sounds good. You'll be happy you waited once you get there, but in the meantime, it can be touch to wait!

B

Congrats Earl! Waiting for those first bottles to condition is rough! I recommend get that fermenter back into action so you can start a pipeline. Once this batch is ready it will be gone long before you can brew/ferment/condition the next batch. :mug:

Yes!! Bought the next kit on Friday. Another True Brew kit "Continental Light" Will probably brew it tonight. Like you said, "Start a pipeline"

Cheers!!

Yes!! Bought the next kit on Friday. Another True Brew kit "Continental Light" Will probably brew it tonight. Like you said, "Start a pipeline"

Cheers!!

I think you're hooked. It's time to think about a second fermenter so you can alternate and have more than one brewing at a time. While you are waiting, do a search on "Brew in a Bag" and I suspect you will be going to all grain brewing soon.

Back