Using bottle dreg for my sour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kobrew

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I brewed a beer that I added a package of Brett to with the impression that it would spur the beer, upon further research I was told that Brett won't sour it but will give it a bit of funk. So I'm going to add a bottle dreg from an Oud Bruin I have.

So my question, I'm leaving tomorrow for a couple days and no one will be around to check on my beer, will the dreg cause any more fermentation or will the microbes just do their work quietly?

The microbes will work slowly. ..... Very slowly.

I know they take a long time. I've added the Brett in January and it hasn't changed a lot yet. My only concern was that adding the dreg would cause it to ferment again while I'm away. Any chance of that?

The microbes will work slowly. ..... Very slowly.

I know they take a long time. I've added the Brett in January and it hasn't changed a lot yet. My only concern was that adding the dreg would cause it to ferment again while I'm away. Any chance of that?

Back