Philly Sour and bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green.R

Reaction score
Hey, i just brewed a batched of Philly Sour and found out after brewing that I need to repitch more yeast before bottling because just the Philly Sour yeast alone isn't enough. I was told by the rep at Lallemand to use their CBC-1 but i can't find a reseller where I'm located that carries it nor will it arrive in time if I order online. The small company that i bought the yeast from here locally told me that I can use the Nottingham Ale yeast from Lallemand instead. My question is how much should i use? I'm afraid of making bottle bombs here at home. I read many conflicting posts on how much to use. Thanks!

For re-fermentation you only need like 1g/20L of beer, making bombs just depends on the sugar you add, the yeast quantity doesn't matter.

Maybe your supplier has Fermentis F2?, that would be better then nottigham.

Thanks Jeroen! I'll look around and see if I can find some Fermentis F2.
You say it depends on the sugar I add; I'm using regular dextrose (grape sugar). Should I use less than I would normally use for regular bottling then (the recipe calls for 7g for every liter)?

When I used the Philly Sour, I had no issues with carbonation in bottles. In fact, I added too much priming sugar and the beer was over carbed.

Latest posts

Back