TV Shows you've given up on.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pawn Stars.

I figured there was some "rigging" involved, but to find out that they hire actors in some cases made me think it was time to stop.

As I'm typing this on my phone, I'm watching Go Diego Go. A big step up from Dora, but nowhere near Pingu or Shawn the Sheep. I watch too much children's programming, on account of the childrens.

I can sit and watch Shawn the sheep for hours, without my kids present. There's just something about that Aussie/Kiwi claymation. Plus I love the big fat sheep they never can seem to lift.

2 1/2 Men.... absolute pile of crap since Charlie Sheen left!

Yes, Sheen was a major ********* during the whole feud with Chuck Lorre thing.... but man the show just sucks without him. Kutcher is about the most pitiful actor out there.... Lorre certainly isn't "winning" with that pick. If he really wanted to burn Sheen he should have brought in Robert Downey Jr. ...... that would have been full of win. As it is now... put a fork in it, it's over!

The Office.... it sucks now too, end it already!

I gave up on the Walking Dead one weekend right after I saw an article on all the crud that was going down behind the scenes. AMC wanted a zombie show without having any clue as to how to keep it good, and they fired the guy that did. And then they dared to order twice the episodes for half the money.

The only thing that can save the Walking Dead is AMC selling it off to a company that can afford to produce it, just like their other big shows.

You might want to check out Flying Wild Alaska. Probably the most genuine reality out there now. The daughter is kind of a dizz but easy on the eyes for male viewers.

She might be a ditz, but she's even cute about being one. The few episodes I've seen she's shown that she is aware of her ineptitude, and at least tries. I even feel kinda bad wondering how she has a hard time simple things she's been around her whole life. lol

+1000 on the History Channel having absolutely nothing to do with history any more. Too bad, too.

I lose interest in a show when it starts turning into a dang soap opera. Shows like CSI, NCIS, House, Bones etc. all started out great, but then they started spending more time on who was sleeping with whom than actually solving cases. That is when I lose interest.

One show that, unfortunately, is no longer being made was from BBC called Wire in the Blood. THAT was an awesome show, but it got canceled due to production costs.

Aliens are history. Alligators are history.

Oh I see what you're saying.

I gave up on the modern versions of the gong show. No more Idol, Talent, Voice or X factor. They all blow and bore me to tears, except during the early tryouts when the terrible people try out and then go completely ballistic when the judges tell them how bad they suck.

Primetime game shows suck. No to Millionaire, Minute to win it, keep the stack of money or mystery briefcase. The last two were so lame, I can't even remember what they were called.

Glee. I hate you. My DD loves you. I hate you. You're ruining music as we know it.

HBO. I hate you for ruining The Sopranos, Deadwood, Carnivalle and everything else you touch. Showtime, keep on doing what you do.

How I Met Your Mother has gotten really awful, totally abandoned the premise of the show, and had some downright depressing episodes this season for a comedy.

Dexter's last season was also its worst, such weak characters, a plot twist that everyone saw coming 6 weeks before it happened, and then 3 seconds of redeeming, cliffhanging action at the end. Honestly the best thing about it this year was that I left the TV on after it ended and got into 'Homeland', which was great.

Dexter's last season did blow overall, but those last literally 3-4 seconds were some of the best in the whole series.

I was about to give up on the series, until those last 3-4 seconds. As someone who has read all the books, I was like, "Finally!" So anyway, sucked back in for another season.

30 Rock. I thought the first couple of seasons had snappy writing and some comic genius at times. Then, I stopped watching for a few episodes and when I came back, suddenly all was all about the characters having babies and the plot lines are just like every other mediocre sitcom. No depth. It was like watching a different show, which was an exceptional disappointment given my strange attraction to alec baldwin.

This right here. Bladwin's character was a bamf for a while, but now he's just become terrible.

Tried to watch the first couple of episodes, and it just isn't happening. The last two weeks may have sealed the deal, and it's about to be cancelled off the dvr.

If it's going to be as bad as it's gotten, just show more Cerie to keep me hooked!

I actually think the Walking Dead is getting a bit better. Sure I am starting to get annoyed with some of the characters, but that last show before the break in season 2 was epic. Considering that I also do not pay a dime for tv anymore...shhhh...its a secret, I can;t really complain about bad shows from a money standpoint anymore...cuz it doesn't cost me anything.

Right now I really enjoy using streaming netflix while on the exercise machine...most shows fit perfectly within my 45 minutes. I loved Firefly...except too few episodes (more on that later). Then I "discovered" Stargate Universe...pretty good sci fi...then went back and tried older Stargates...got tired of them pretty quick. Then I found Battlestar Gallactica. I have read and watched A LOT of sci fi in my life. If you watch BG like 3 times a week it's like a 40+ hour movie. Not perfect but pretty entertaining. I do wonder where all the tobacco comes from though! If anyone can point me to other great sci fi series on streaming netflix I would appreciate it! Thinking I may tackle 24 next.
SWMBO likes lawyers and cops. We're watching Damages together...4 episodes or so in it seems pretty good.
She and I also LOVED Deadwood. So much we bought the Dvd's (and we hardly own any others) and watch is over and over. Firefly is a little like "Deadwood in space". One of the Borgia's is like Deadwood meets the Sopranos in the Vatican...

So, knowing that I like BG and Deadwood...any suggestions for "must see series"?

Anyone watching Top Shot this season?

It's sad that the really hot chick got booted in the third episode. They should have kicked off that Littlejohn dude for crying about shooting someones target to send them to elimination.

I was never really a fan of the show, but I do remember one time I saw it there was a cop on there who saw a house on fire, and went up to the front door to alert the residents and get them out of there. The front door was one of those metal grids with little 2 to 3-inch square windows. So he bangs on the door, rings the doorbell, and then starts busting out these little windows and still cannot reach through to open the door, so he just keeps busting out more of them even though doing so provides no access whatsoever to the other side.

Finally some lady comes to the door and opens it up, and she's like "WTF is your problem, officer?"

He's like, "Ma'am you have to get out, your house is on fire!"

She says "No, it isn't."

Then he looks, and realizes that the fire was actually at a different house on the other side of the block. So, he busted this lady's door for absolutely no reason.

Had to google this... and here we go. :p

http://flashovertv.firerescue1.com/Clip.aspx?key=37CA411F709A4EEB

Anyone watching Top Shot this season?

It's sad that the really hot chick got booted in the third episode. They should have kicked off that Littlejohn dude for crying about shooting someones target to send them to elimination.

I watch it on Hulu and it's a week behind...thanks for the spoiler...gerrrrr:D

Damn she was hot, I was hoping someone would nail her during this season, causing a bit of a controversy.

Have you seen the spinoff show "Top Gun" where the take 3 weapons and run them head to head? Pretty cool show as well. Especially because it get into the background an history of the weapons. They had the BAR on week 2. My dad was a machine gun sergeant during WWII and that was one of the guns he worked with. I remember when I was a kid him taking me to an army surplus store where they had one hanging about the cashier's counter and I always was blown away by the size of it, and the fact that they used to fire it from the hip.

I watch it on Hulu and it's a week behind...thanks for the spoiler...gerrrrr:D

Damn she was hot, I was hoping someone would nail her during this season, causing a bit of a controversy.

Have you seen the spinoff show "Top Gun" where the take 3 weapons and run them head to head? Pretty cool show as well. Especially because it get into the background an history of the weapons. They had the BAR on week 2. My dad was a machine gun sergeant during WWII and that was one of the guns he worked with. I remember when I was a kid him taking me to an army surplus store where they had one hanging about the cashier's counter and I always was blown away by the size of it, and the fact that they used to fire it from the hip.

I'll keep the play by play to myself next time, but damn she was hot. Too bad she's boarder patrol in AZ and not TX. :p

Haven't seen the Top Gun show because I haven't found History 2 yet while surfing the guide, but the BAR is awesome. If I'm not mistaken, it was a big player in WWI for a trench machine gun before they moved to the 20 round mag in WWII.

How I Met Your Mother. Wait, did they just do a group song and dance routine? Did someone change the channel and put on an old Drew Cary rerun while I went to the bathroom?

I like Bob's Burgers but they always seem to be reruns.

I'll keep the play by play to myself next time, but damn she was hot. Too bad she's boarder patrol in AZ and not TX. :p

Haven't seen the Top Gun show because I haven't found History 2 yet while surfing the guide, but the BAR is awesome. If I'm not mistaken, it was a big player in WWI for a trench machine gun before they moved to the 20 round mag in WWII.

Yeah it was. That's the cool part of the show, is that they cover the history of the weapons, whether historical or modern, and they try to run them in similar situations. Then they evaluate them. So with the Bar, they actually did some close in off the hip firing.

Here's the link to the show page for it on HULU, there's 2 episodes on there.

Top Guns

I gave up on the office after Steve carrel left. Still funny but I just no longer care. I too gave up on the waking dead. Which is a shame because I love the comic.

A few shows that IMO are still worth watching are supernatural and burn notice. And of course anything put out by FX.

Family Guy: Simpsons did it.
Simpsons: Simpsons did it.
Jersey Shore: I was DTF till I found out JWoww isn't even a guidette!
Family Ties: Jennifer grew up.
Who's the Boss?: Not Tony.
All in the Family: Been waiting for a new episode for 32 years. Ok...maybe I'll hang in there for just one more season.
Smurfs: Not plausible.
MacGuyver: Too plausible.
Full House: Kimmy.
Happy Days: Jumped the shark.
Today: What kind of name is Hoda Kotb?
Price is Right: Drew Carey - the price is wrong, *****.
Judge Judy: 5 minutes till Wapner.
Jeopardy: Suck it, Trebek.
American Chopper: Way too old school. Wanna see some CNC fabricated bolt ons.
Pawn Stars: Never pawn ****!
Swamp People: Not gonna wait much longer for Merman to make an appearance.
The Fantastic Four: Spiderman.
Spiderman: Batman.
Batman: Robin.
Ice Road Truckers: Himalayas.
Bosom Buddies: Wait. Nevermind.
Greatest American Hero: Lacking a manual should not be equivalent to kryptonite.
Star Trek: Voyager.
Full Metal Jousting: Can't you just ****ing say "target" instead of "Gridded Grand Guard?!?!" Uppity turkey leg peddlers.
Are you there, Chelsea?: Yes. She plays your sister. Wait, what?

Hoda hears a who?

I almost think I shouldn't post to see if DangerRoss's comment above kills this thread....

Apparently I don't really give up on shows, but I watch too much TV. This thread did remind me though that I've totally given up on The Simpsons and Deadliest Catch. Haven't seen deadliest catch in a long time, and I have purposely avoided the Simpsons now for years. Isn't the last episode soon? I may tune in for that.

Recently discovered Game of Thrones and plowed through the first season. Really looking forward to season 2. Best show on right now by far. Sons of Anarchy a close second for me.

Ive also given up on fringe and alcatraz... but I sill enjoy Dexter. Californication. Shameless. Game of thrones. Parks and rec. Watched the premiere of awake last night, not bad, I like Jason Isaac's so ill give it a shot.

Favs of all time lost, the sopranos, the wire and arrested development to name a few

I almost think I shouldn't post to see if DangerRoss's comment above kills this thread....

Apparently I don't really give up on shows, but I watch too much TV. This thread did remind me though that I've totally given up on The Simpsons and Deadliest Catch. Haven't seen deadliest catch in a long time, and I have purposely avoided the Simpsons now for years. Isn't the last episode soon? I may tune in for that.

Recently discovered Game of Thrones and plowed through the first season. Really looking forward to season 2. Best show on right now by far. Sons of Anarchy a close second for me.

I'll keep it going too because DangerRoss did just kill this thing, and like ABC picking up a sub par Scrubs, it has been revived, slightly.

Didn't know the Simpsons was finally coming to an end. That was one of my favorite shows growing up before it's decline about 10 years ago.

Ditto on Game of Thrones season 2. Though I'm a bit skeptical about this new character called Alton Lannister that's not in the books. Clash of Kings just seemed perfect to me, but I guess they needed someone to fill in all that internal dialogue in the book.

Ditto on Game of Thrones season 2. Though I'm a bit skeptical about this new character called Alton Lannister that's not in the books. Clash of Kings just seemed perfect to me, but I guess they needed someone to fill in all that internal dialogue in the book.

If anything George R.R. Martin needs LESS characters! There are plenty of Lannisters in the series and honestly, I don't know why the producers decided they needed another one...

I've read the series but don't have HBO so I haven't seen season 1. Is it worth it or will I be yelling at the TV the whole time for not keeping it canon? I bet Season 2 ends with the Red Wedding :D

For me, though, Weeds needs to be put down like Old Yeller. Somewhere around Season 4 I started actively disliking the characters and wishing them ill...

True Blood got real old.

Dexter jumped the shark when they killed off Doakes.

United States of Tara got cancelled, and it was slapping the bejoobus out of most other the other "premium channel" shows at the time...

Pretty much all I watch now is Walking Dead (and complain about it mightily), Game of Thrones and cooking shows... its sad really...

If anything George R.R. Martin needs LESS characters! There are plenty of Lannisters in the series and honestly, I don't know why the producers decided they needed another one...

I've read the series but don't have HBO so I haven't seen season 1. Is it worth it or will I be yelling at the TV the whole time for not keeping it canon? I bet Season 2 ends with the Red Wedding :D

Alton Lannister is basically going to be the exact same character as Cleos Frey. For some reason they just replaced him. The main thing is that they want it to be obvious he's a Lannister. Not just a Frey.

They're going to implement some of Storm of Swords into Season 2, but there's no way anything like Red Wedding is getting into season 2.

Season 1 was incredibly close to GOT. Will they drift off more and more as the show goes on? Probably, but GRRM is very active in it so hopefully not. The main thing is you miss out on internal dialogue so, for instance, Ned seems more like a stubborn idiot in the show.

Alton Lannister is basically going to be the exact same character as Cleos Frey. For some reason they just replaced him. The main thing is that they want it to be obvious he's a Lannister. Not just a Frey.

They're going to implement some of Storm of Swords into Season 2, but there's no way anything like Red Wedding is getting into season 2.

Season 1 was incredibly close to GOT. Will they drift off more and more as the show goes on? Probably, but GRRM is very active in it so hopefully not. The main thing is you miss out on internal dialogue so, for instance, Ned seems more like a stubborn idiot in the show.

No Red Wedding!? Always hope for season 3, I guess. I'm probably going to buy Season 1 and give it a shot. I love these books but I'm curious to see how the show handles the major characters (usually the more likable ones anyway) being killed off. It's a good sign that GRRM is involved, but he needs to get Winds of Winter going. When I heard HBO was making Game of Thrones into a series, my first thought was that it would really push GRRM to get the series done.

After reading some of the helpful tidbits fans posted to GRRM, I'm surprised the man doesnt take his football and go home. "You are old and fat and might not be around long enough to finish the books if you keep taking on projects!"

I want Winds of Winter more than most, but if he decided to flip us all off and just do Wild Cards until he retires with Parris I'd say he was within his rights. /rant

I just hope we get to meet the Martells in some way in Season 2. My favorite house by a good margin.

Airwolf, season 3 was a dog, 4, apparently worse. I may have to get it to see if I can spot the cardboard cutout of the chopper behind the cast since jetcopters had already got rid of the 222 they used.

Wait, you guys have commercial tv? You're talking up to date shows? Sorry.

Back