Better Call Saul

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess HH&M aren't fans of the mighty Landcrab. I'm sure Saul will find a way to 'pinch' HH&M in the future with his schemes.

I guess HH&M aren't fans of the mighty Landcrab. I'm sure Saul will find a way to 'pinch' HH&M in the future with his schemes.

The betrayal by a brother hurts more than the betrayal by that D-bag Howard.

I hope that Chuck enjoys living inside wrapped in foil for the rest of his life. Too bad that Jimmy didn't figure it out before and leave that SOB inside to rot away.:cross:

The betrayal by a brother hurts more than the betrayal by that D-bag Howard.

I hope that Chuck enjoys living inside wrapped in foil for the rest of his life. Too bad that Jimmy didn't figure it out before and leave that SOB inside to rot away.:cross:

couldnt agree more.
I will say that I thought Michael McKean absolutely killed chuck's speech at the end!
He went from being this poor afflicted brother to a pompous, nouveau riche, elitist!
Great Stuff!

During that scene in the parking garage, the guy who had all the guns reminded me of Trevor from GTA 5. He looked like him and he definitely sounded like him. Sure enough, that was the same actor. He provided the voice and motion capture for Trevor. His name is Steven Ogg.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1476804/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Was it just me, or was the other guy in the parking garage (the big guy) also seen twice earlier in the episode? First on the wall of Wanted signs in the first scene and then later in the diner bathroom with Saul.

Also loved that he's referred to as 'Man Mountain' in the credits, haha.

I thought about the possibility a couple episodes ago when he announced to Chuck that he had passed the bar. There was a moment where Chuck did not truly look pleased.
Then when Howard said that he and the "partners" had decided to not offer Jimmy a job, the thought reoccurred. Why would Chuck call so late at night?

Yeah, I got that feeling as well when Chuck was a little hesitant to act proud of Jimmy for passing the bar. Then when he made the late night call it started to make sense. It does make you wonder if Howard is as much of a D-bag as we have been led to believe. Obviously he's somewhat of one, but we've been basing most of our assumptions about the guy off of Jimmy's side of the story and what he believes about him. Now, we see that Chuck is the real reason behind Jimmy twice being denied a job as a lawyer at HHM. If Chuck is as big of a deal to HHM as he seems to be, then it would be in Howard's best interest to take the fall, so to speak, and be the bad guy in this situation to keep Chuck happy. It's obvious that he's kinda tired of playing the bad guy by his facial expression when he decides to go ahead as tell Kim the truth. I don't know, just a thought.

I wonder if Chuck will be one of the antagonists in the series going forward or if the writers will have the story move on and let him fade away. Seems like ending his story would be a weird thing to do when you bring in a fairly well known actor like Michael McKean. And yeah, he absolutely killed that speech at the end. He went from a sympathetic character to a complete ass in a matter of seconds. The look on Chuck's face as Jimmy was laying out how he figured it was him all along was superb.

Another great episode! I wonder if Jimmy will take the deal... He should. It'll give him more tools to take down HHM. I kept thinking through the whole episode how like BB this was - refusing to take the money. Deserved money. Out of pride. It's exactly what drug down Walter.

I just realized why he changes his name to Saul! He doesn't want to share the name McGill with his brother anymore.

Man, such a betrayal! I'm still thinking about it. I understand Chuck's perspective, but even if he did online courses, it's a big deal to pass the bar, and it certainly represents a huge turn around for Jimmy. I think too that Chuck is really ignoring the fact that different people bring different talents to a team. So Jimmy isn't cut from the same mold. He's also still the guy the went dumpster diving to get this case! Imagine Chuck or Hamlin doing that. Nuh-uh.

Chuck can rot in his guilt-induced mental nightmare.

Agreed. When it really comes down to it, kudos to Jimmy for not dragging his ass outside and tazing him.
I'm a family oriented guy and you just don't betray kin like that!!!!

When you think about this last episode, when Chuck walks back into HHM.
Every light and electric device off and EVERY employee there to greet him.
He is a big deal at that firm.

And then the scene where Howard is telling Jimmy that he will not be working there and Chuck puts up no argument other than
"I'm very disappointed with you Howard....."
That should have been the clue that something was amiss.

When you think about this last episode, when Chuck 2alls back into HHM.
Every light and electric device off and EVERY employee there to greet him.
He is a big deal at that firm.

Prior to this last episode I though Hamlin was really just playing along with Chuck's condition, since, as Jimmy keeps reminding him, Chuck has the firm by the balls if he ever decides to cash out.

After this episode, I don't think Chuck would ever do that and I agree with some others that Hamlin became a bit more of a sympathetic character.

I'm still not fully convinced by the whole show of greeting the returning hero though...

Hamlin may just be a pawn in Chucks game.
I am starting to think he is not nearly as much of a jerk as we may have thought!

Everytime Jimmy's friend coughed, I knew something was up. Crazy how TV conditions us to hone in on stuff like that. Anyone else notice that's the same guy who's in 'The Last Man on Earth'?

Anyway, it seemed that Slippin' Jimmy turned down the talk with the other law firm because he didn't want to turn into his brother. I'm probably just stating the obvious, but that's what I got out of it.

I have to say, I really didn't think this was the best episode of BCS. It's interesting that he made a very conscious choice to turn to crime, but it didn't make for a very dramatic finish.

I think the difference between BB and BCS at this point, is that Walter chose to turn to crime at the beginning of the season, so we got to see a lot of the consequences right away. In this case, he decides at the end and we have to wait a year to see what happens. Even so, they could have ended with a bigger bang.

Everytime Jimmy's friend coughed, I knew something was up. Crazy how TV conditions us to hone in on stuff like that. Anyone else notice that's the same guy who's in 'The Last Man on Earth'?

Anyway, it seemed that Slippin' Jimmy turned down the talk with the other law firm because he didn't want to turn into his brother. I'm probably just stating the obvious, but that's what I got out of it.

It is Mel Rodriguez.
He is a graduate of Suny Purchase (I visited for a really fun weekend, I think).
He is also in the HBO show Getting ON, which is a very dry show, but good!
He is great in Last Man on Earth

I have to say, I really didn't think this was the best episode of BCS. It's interesting that he made a very conscious choice to turn to crime, but it didn't make for a very dramatic finish.

I think the difference between BB and BCS at this point, is that Walter chose to turn to crime at the beginning of the season, so we got to see a lot of the consequences right away. In this case, he decides at the end and we have to wait a year to see what happens. Even so, they could have ended with a bigger bang.

I tend to disagree.
It really boils down to personal perception.

To me the ending has the hidden "bang" of Saul realizing that the world (His world) is extremely F$^%ed up and he reality is that doing the "right" thing gets you DIDDLY SQUAT.

His brother, a man he thought the world of and did EVERYTHING for...
IS A COMPLETE JACKASS.

Howard, a man he thought was a JACKASS, is actually a pawn in his brother's BS world.

His best friend, a man he thought the world of, shows him that mankind is ripe for the picking and then he dies.

I agree with an above post.... Jimmy realizes that he is about to make a big mistake and that it will ultimately result in more of the same BS that he is already experiencing.

No more doing the right thing, it doesn't work in Jimmy's world.

Is it a New Mexico thing? LOL;)

Loving the show thus far. I did not think the Bingo scene with all the B's inducing a breakdown was believable though. Too labored.

I thought the penultimate episode had a lot more pop, and that's where most of the really ground-shaking revelations took place. I still really enjoyed season one, but the finale certainly deviated from the norms. In fact, for a finale, it was downright bizarre.

Yeah.... that was drawn out and PAINFUL:mad:

Maybe, but it was somewhat important to finding out why jimmy was in jail when chuck got him out. He messed and was about to pay dearly by being a registered sex offender. Chuck got him off and he decided it was time stop being so immature. The bingo scene just created the pressure point to divulge this info (how else were we supposed to find that out) as well as show the emotions he was going through after finding out chuck still thinks he is only as good as his Chicago sunroof version of himself.

Just saw the commercial for this season.
Had to go back and watch the last couple from last season to make sure that I was up to speed.

returns tonight!

and I like they're doing an aftershow, Talking Saul

enjoy Talking Dead and enjoyed Talking Bad (Breaking Bad). I think more scripted shows should have something similar, especially if Chris Hardwick hosts

as long as they don't have anyone who was involved with the Sons of Anarchy aftershow on board

Was kind of a lackluster opener for me, hoping the plot line involving the IT 'playuh' goes somewhere interesting.

Anybody else recognize Ken from breaking bad?

Screen+Captures1.jpg

They sure love to hate on this guy :D

I also noticed a random easter egg recently from BB recently...the scene where Walt and Jesse kidnap Saul because he won't accept the bribe. First thing out of Saul's mouth is "It was Ignacio!" because he thinks Walt and Jesse are the cartel and are going to execute him. So I guess Saul and Ignacio end up doing something pretty stupid involving the cartel.

Back