Supernatural TV Show

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Been watching this for a while. My oldest learned of it and talked my wife and other kid into watching it and they all got hooked on it big time.

In a nutshell it's about 2 brothers who fight monsters like Ghosts, demons, etc. with an extensive plot line involving their family.

It's fairly episodic with some linear story finding it's way through most episodes as well.

Sometimes they get pretty dark and gritty, and then other times it's all goofy and silly.

Last night I watched an episode called "Frontier Land". During the episode a main characters, Dean and Sam, are sent back in time to collect some Phoenix Dust in order to use it to kill this mega evil entity. Anyway, they go back to Wyoming during the old west era. Dean had become the De Facto sheriff due to the old sheriff being killed by the Phoenix.

He is looking for the deputy, who did not make it to the posse gathering that morning and he knocks on the deputy's door. I about lost it when it yells out, "Candygram for Mongo!"

It's just a good, fun (mostly) show. The one thing I like to do is watch the background and look for Canadian stuff. It's filmed in Vancouver and it's usually pretty easy to see. Sometimes the actors don't do a great job of hiding their accents too.

My wife loves the show and we've been watching it through NetFlix. It's pretty good. Most of the time it's fairly light, but there's a few episodes that make me feel like someone's watching us in the room. I'll admit, I've jumped more than once. I didn't know it was filmed in Canada, or that they're Canadian. I'll watch for that next time! Kyle

Candygram: probably won't even give the deputy credit for it!

With the family sucking up every episode over the past year, I've had opportunity to catch this and that without having the benefit of seeing every episode. Luckily you can watch most episodes, even if you haven't seen certain characters before, and still enjoy them. I was thrown a bit by the "The French Mistake" episode where the boys are sent to an alternate reality where they are stuffed into the bodies of 2 guys playing themselves on a TV show.

Then there is the TV show episode where they must match wits against "The Trickster", who is supposedly a demi-god, but is actually ... *SPOILERS REMOVED*

Then there are episodes where people die, especially close family and friends, to remind you how dangerous hunting demons and angels can be.

My girlfriend and I have been watching it on Netflix, we've gone through the first 4 seasons in just about as many weeks.

It's an obsession at my house. I mean my wife has never really had a hobby. Yes, a long time back she did some scrapbooking, but it was fairly short lived.

Now she is blogging on this show. We've gone to convention in Chicago and spent way too much money. I thought it was peter out, but the other day she was asking about how to make animated GIFs. I had a general idea, but have never done it, personally. I just told her to go ahead and Google it and see what she can find. Well, against all odds, she did just that and now spends time pulling up interesting little video clips and making GIFs.

I've been practicing, trying to get that deep, angsty voice that all the guys in the show seem to have adopted over the years, but it's just not working out. I end up sounding more like Bobby Singer than Cass or Dean or Sam.

Also, FYI we saw Balthazar at the convention and that dude is FUNNY! Dirty, foul-mouthed and hilarious!

I too watch the show. Though I must have missed one of the past few episodes, judging on the blurb for this weeks recording.. This years overall story arc is "eh" so far. the whole angel in sam angle is getting a little tired. I do enjoy how the show pokes fun at itself. I also like to hear what names they come up with for themselves. I like the classic rock references.

Damn it I'm only up to season 6! Spoilers!

Aw just messing. The family has been current (Since my wife blogs the show she has to be on twitter or tumblr or whatever AS IT'S HAPPENING!) I am almost up to the Charlie episodes. I loved Felicia Day in that role. So funny and kind of hot at the same time. And slightly geeky too.

it wasn't much of a spoiler, and isn't really the overall story arc. Sorry, I had gathered you were up to date in your post!

when I work from home, i like throwing on the re-runs on TNT in the am. They've cycled back to the first or second season now.

BTW, there was an episode this season, where Dean ends up being able to talk to all the animals. I was cracking up!

Love the show but the seasons focusing on the battle between Angels and Demons got boring too quickly. I prefer the episodes where the Winchesters solve a small mystery and go on with the next. The whole story of Heaven vs Hell was just not as entertaining. There are quite a few gem episodes that are really funny

My favorite Sam line is from Bad Day at Black Rock, "I lost my shoe."

My favorite Dean line is from We Need To Talk About Kevin, "I guess standing too close to exploding Dick sends your ass straight to Purgatory."

And you have to look up Jensen Ackles lip syncing Eye Of The Tiger.

Sam - "So it sounds like you got dick on Dick." Straight face.

Dean's smirking a bit.

How many Dick jokes can they use in that story arc??

It's full of great jokes and running gags and lots of special guest appearances from semi-famous, or unknown people. I'm currently loving Zack and Cody's mom from The Suite Life, as the Sheriff. She's pretty hot.

Bobby just died where I'm at in the series. I'm pretty sure his spirit is residing in his old flask, which Dean carries around. I think he chose to remain in between so he can be close to the boys and help them with their cases.

I really liked the episode you brought up before, where they travel to the alternate universe where they are on a "show". How everyone is thrown off that they are actually friendly, and Castiel is tweeting that the guys are playing jokes on him and he's just happy to be included. I chuckled through all of that episode.

I also like the Crowley character. "go get Moose". He's pretty funny/witty too.

I'm seriously considering a line of homebrew with a Supernatural theme. Since my wife is such a blogger and I am guessing we are going to conventions some more it kind of makes sense. However, I may require her to help me brew each of them so that when she meets Jensen Ackles, or whoever, she can say she helped make it. It would have to be top notch stuff though. No half-assing it.

I had thought of a "6.7% Im-PALE-la" Pale Ale with a photo of the brothers leaning up against Dean's baby ('67 Impala for the uninitiated...)
Or a Helles, endorsed by Crowley of course. It'd be "The King of Helles"
Maybe a RIS called Leviathan. It's be black and thick like Leviathan blood.
What style would fit a beer called "CastiALE"? He's an angel.

Trying to think of something for Bobby Singer. He was more of a scotch drinker I think. Maybe "IDJIT" would be good, or "BALLS!" As he was wont to say.

maybe a Golden Strong, or belgian trippel for the CastiALE ?

I've got a beer going now that might fit for Bobby. An Irish red, that sat on coffee bean for 4 days, now in the tertiary with bourbon soaked oak. "Irish Coffee" red ale.

Remember that one episode where Sam had to go through the same day over and over and over, like Groundhog Day?? And Dean kept getting killed each day!

That was awesome...

Hmm... Probably need to brew a Belgian Golden Strong Ale for Lucifer. However, there is already a BGSA named Lucifer, so I think I'll have to call mine... Hallucifer! (from when Sam was constantly hallucinating that Lucifer was talking to him.)

I'm seriously considering a line of homebrew with a Supernatural theme. Since my wife is such a blogger and I am guessing we are going to conventions some more it kind of makes sense. However, I may require her to help me brew each of them so that when she meets Jensen Ackles, or whoever, she can say she helped make it. It would have to be top notch stuff though. No half-assing it.

I had thought of a "6.7% Im-PALE-la" Pale Ale with a photo of the brothers leaning up against Dean's baby ('67 Impala for the uninitiated...)
Or a Helles, endorsed by Crowley of course. It'd be "The King of Helles"
Maybe a RIS called Leviathan. It's be black and thick like Leviathan blood.
What style would fit a beer called "CastiALE"? He's an angel.

Trying to think of something for Bobby Singer. He was more of a scotch drinker I think. Maybe "IDJIT" would be good, or "BALLS!" As he was wont to say.

I love this. We are so into the show my wife named our 2 cats Sam and Dean. I just pitched this idea to her and now she wants me to get the ball rolling on these. :rockin:

It's time to buy tickets for the convention in Chicago coming up at the end of October. I hate to break her heart, but seriously, these things are NOT financially practical!

My plan is to attend, but only purchase tickets for maybe Friday night so I can go to the Karaoke Kings party (Last year was supposedly AMAZINGLY FUN, but I went to bed early and missed it.) I couldn't care less if I meet and greet the stars anyway. Richard Speight, Jr. is incredibly good at hosting and is just an amazingly witting and funny guy, and he pairs up with Matt Cohen to host the Karaoke Party.

Osric Chau was walking around the convention last year as if he wasn't a TV star. In pajamas for a good portion of it. Really nice guy who would take pictures and talk with anyone.

This year has Tahmoh Penikett. I haven't seen him in the show other than while passing through the living room, but I watched every episode of Battlestar Galactica more than once. I could be curious to see him on a panel and see how many questions relate to SPN and how many relate to BSG.

Still have not gotten a reply to my email asking my wife what she is thinking about tickets. I think she is afraid to say. She may be waiting until she knows I'm in a good mood, like after an especially pleasing evening activity... =8D

Holy @#$&!!!!!!! You got me curious, so I just looked that up. The NHC this year wasn't anywhere near that! you have got to be kidding me!!!! "like after an especially pleasing evening activity..."???? That better be going on for a month straight!!!!

Holy @#$&!!!!!!! You got me curious, so I just looked that up. The NHC this year wasn't anywhere near that! you have got to be kidding me!!!! "like after an especially pleasing evening activity..."???? That better be going on for a month straight!!!!

Yes.

But understand that she really doesn't have any other hobbies or interests. Never really has. It's been work and raising kids. She's finally found something that she can do that pleases her and that she feels pleases others.

I tend to think about it in terms of, "This show can't last forever..."

Not that I wish it was canceled or anything.

No I get that. i just couldn't believe what they were charging for the gold and silver packages. Just kinda knocked me back in my chair.

I really liked the episode you brought up before, where they travel to the alternate universe where they are on a "show". How everyone is thrown off that they are actually friendly, and Castiel is tweeting that the guys are playing jokes on him and he's just happy to be included. I chuckled through all of that episode.

this episode is actually on TNT today. I'm enjoying it all over again! "What's a padalicki?"

"it says here you're from Texas... and... oh. you're on a soap opera."

this episode is actually on TNT today. I'm enjoying it all over again! "What's a padalicki?"

"it says here you're from Texas... and... oh. you're on a soap opera."

Great episode. I like how they can have fun with themselves and the show.

Two episodes ago Sam and Dean were interrogating an angel who was supposed to be "in" with Metatron:

Sam - So, you heard a rumor about Metatron's "secret portal", and you decided to run with it.
Angel - It's not a rumor. He showed me.
Dean - I get it. He's a fan.
Sam - A fan.
Dean - Yeah.
Sam - You're a fan. Just 'cause you're hot for Metatron or Bieber or Beckham Just 'cause you know everything about them doesn't mean that you actually know them. Or that they even know you exist.
Dean - Ooh, that's cold, Sammy.
Sam - I'm just sayin', man.

Which was so funny to me because my wife is a huge SPN nerd, with blogging and photo edits and all that. I just glanced over at her and caught her looking at me. She says, "I know what they are talking about."

I just had to chuckle.

Back