Better Call Saul

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering how Jimmy could be disbarred and still be able to practice law under a different name. not sure how that would be legal or even permissible by the NM Bar

so, maybe in the end he doesn't get disbarred, but can't practice under the name McGill

see my previous post (there be spoilers! at least for those who haven't finished Breaking Bad) about Kim & Chuck

I don't see how that's a spoiler. When I highlighted the "white text" all I see is how great Rhea and Michael are as actors (which I 100% agree).

I'm curious on what happened to "Gene" (Jimmy's knew alias) when he passed out at the Cinnabon.

there are a couple other thoughts in there regarding the 2 characters I wanted to express but thought they could possibly be spoilers for those who haven't finished BB

maybe they're not spoilers, but I didn't want to take the chance.

Based on last nights episode, I'm guessing that Jimmy doesn't get disbarred. He'll receive a suspension, and then agree to practice under another name. Thus.......Saul Goodman.

I thought it was a great episode. Finally put Chuck in his crazy light.

Great episode, Jimmy once again gets the better of Chuck, and showed how Chuck's real problem is that he can't let go of anything.

Really good episode last night. I have a feeling something really bad is going to happen to Chuck.

I'm wondering if Chuck will continue to be a sort of antagonist in the show or if they will phase him out. My original thinking was that somehow there would be a conflict with Chuck and that would lead to him losing both Chuck and Kim. I still think somehow those characters need to go away to complete the transformation to Saul. But given the events of the last few weeks, I'm not sure if it will play out quite like that.

I'm definitely enjoying this season more than last. The writers are moving the story forward and starting to lay the groundwork for how the show will connect to the BB storyline. And the out-of-the-blue guest appearance last night was pretty cool. That was a character I was not expecting to see at all in BCS.

Is it just me or are the non-Jimmy storylines more interesting than the Jimmy ones?

I'm wondering if Chuck will continue to be a sort of antagonist in the show or if they will phase him out. My original thinking was that somehow there would be a conflict with Chuck and that would lead to him losing both Chuck and Kim. I still think somehow those characters need to go away to complete the transformation to Saul. But given the events of the last few weeks, I'm not sure if it will play out quite like that.

I'm definitely enjoying this season more than last. The writers are moving the story forward and starting to lay the groundwork for how the show will connect to the BB storyline. And the out-of-the-blue guest appearance last night was pretty cool. That was a character I was not expecting to see at all in BCS.

Is it just me or are the non-Jimmy storylines more interesting than the Jimmy ones?

I'd agree with that right now. But they are setting them all up to connect. I really have no idea how the Chuck and Kim resolutions will come. But I've got a theory on how the connection to BB will come. Really digging this season.

Chuck lost Rebecca - and it's not clear Jimmy's role, but in the sheet music flashback Chuck is clearly jealous of Jimmy's ability to joke around with Rebecca.

In current day Better Call Saul time (where the show is) the divorced Rebecca is back and with Chuck's obsession with Jimmy being exposed, the trio are apparently colliding again.

Pre-divorce, Chuck wanted Jimmy to hide his illness from Rebecca. Does Chuck now discover some betrayal that sends him on a course to break up Jimmy and Kim?

Anyway, IMO, all roads that made BB and Saul great lead back to Gus. That character makes all other story lines more interesting.

I have a feeling something really bad is going to happen to Chuck.

because Chuck is now sporting the solar blanket hoodie?
giphy.gif

I'd agree with that right now. But they are setting them all up to connect. I really have no idea how the Chuck and Kim resolutions will come. But I've got a theory on how the connection to BB will come. Really digging this season.

So many questions after seeing the last episode. What's your theory?

The following shouldn't be spoilers, but thought I'd mentioned it anyways for those behind (I just avoid this thread til I'm caught up)

How, I don't know but I think Chuck will end up committed. I think Kim will leave because of her life being threatened once Saul starts working for Gus. I don't think it will be by Gus, but maybe by Salamanco (Hector or Tuco). It may even be by someone like Nacho. Evidently, Nacho is feeling some pressure as Hector wants to get Nacho's dad involved. Interesting to see how that tension plays out.

I think this season is going to connect a lot of dots to BB, but still more to go. I'm hoping to see more BB characters. I've even read that Cranston was interested in making a cameo. That would be awesome to see Walter back.

I have a feeling the present Saul scene where "Gene" passes out is going to be the season cliffhanger. Maybe that's where Season 4 will start out.

This is easily my favorite show on TV. AMC has really been knocking it out of the park with the shows in the past few years.

I like that "Saul" in the commercial looks a lot like Saul the Cinnabon manager.

So many questions after seeing the last episode. What's your theory?

The following shouldn't be spoilers, but thought I'd mentioned it anyways for those behind (I just avoid this thread til I'm caught up)

How, I don't know but I think Chuck will end up committed. I think Kim will leave because of her life being threatened once Saul starts working for Gus. I don't think it will be by Gus, but maybe by Salamanco (Hector or Tuco). It may even be by someone like Nacho. Evidently, Nacho is feeling some pressure as Hector wants to get Nacho's dad involved. Interesting to see how that tension plays out.

I think this season is going to connect a lot of dots to BB, but still more to go. I'm hoping to see more BB characters. I've even read that Cranston was interested in making a cameo. That would be awesome to see Walter back.

I have a feeling the present Saul scene where "Gene" passes out is going to be the season cliffhanger. Maybe that's where Season 4 will start out.

This is easily my favorite show on TV. AMC has really been knocking it out of the park with the shows in the past few years.

I'm thinking Gus will utilize Saul for a commercial, and remember him from Los Polos Hermanos, and thus begins the relationship of Saul Goodman and Gus Fring

Not following you on the cliff hanger, PM me what I'm missing. Scratch that, I'm with ya.

I don't think it will be by Gus, but maybe by Salamanco (Hector or Tuco). It may even be by someone like Nacho. Evidently, Nacho is feeling some pressure as Hector wants to get Nacho's dad involved. Interesting to see how that tension plays out.

remember Nacho always reported to Tuco & in BB Tuco was running the show & taking care of Hector

remember Nacho always reported to Tuco & in BB Tuco was running the show & taking care of Hector

I think the pill it will cripple hector and tuco will kill him. Not sure how he found out, but he's not in BB. He either ran off or is dead, and knowing tuco and the cartel he wouldn't let him just quit.

I'm not following on the cliffhanger either.

"Gene" is Jimmy's name when he is working at the Cinnabun at the Oak View Mall in Omaha, NE. If you recall the opening scene of the season, he passed out while a the Cinnabun.

I think the pill it will cripple hector and tuco will kill him. Not sure how he found out, but he's not in BB. He either ran off or is dead, and knowing tuco and the cartel he wouldn't let him just quit.

I agree, and I don't see Nacho surviving this. I picture Tuco or his cousins taking him out after inducing Hector's stroke.

you're right - I got confused thinking Nacho was down w/ Emilio and Krazy-8.

I'm going off deep memory here but isn't there a scene in BB when we first meet Saul and he says something to the cops like "It wasn't me. It was Ignacio!"? I always assumed that is who Nacho was. I like his character so I hope they don't kill him.

I've watched every BB episode quite a few times and am fully caught up now in Better Call Saul, but I am wondering if we ever got any clues in BB about what happened to Chuck? I don't recall anything off the top of my head, but it sure seems now like Chuck is going down the path of either mental hospitalization or perhaps even suicide. I guess one can only wonder at this point?!

I'm going off deep memory here but isn't there a scene in BB when we first meet Saul and he says something to the cops like "It wasn't me. It was Ignacio!"? I always assumed that is who Nacho was. I like his character so I hope they don't kill him.

It wasn't the cops, it was was when Walt and Jessie nabbed him to convince him to keep Badger from talking. Just watched that episode.

I'm not following on the cliffhanger either.

The opening scene where Jimmy/Saul (who is now Cinnabon manager "Gene") passes out. I don't think we will find out what happened to him the rest of this season, thus the 'cliffhanger' reference.

I also hope Nacho doesn't get axed, but seems more than likely. I don't remember him being mentioned in BB.

Is there any reason that this thread died? Here we are 3 years later and A LOT has happened.
I forgot about this thread till you posted. I really enjoy it to date and sad to know next season is the last.
I’m really curious to see what happens with Nacho and Kim through this all.

I forgot about this thread till you posted. I really enjoy it to date and sad to know next season is the last.

No doubt. How long do we have to wait for the final season???

I waited so long for this season that I had no option but to go back and re-watch all the previous seasons.

I am sad that it is coming to a close as well.

No doubt. How long do we have to wait for the final season???
I am not sure when the final season will be released. It seems like the breaks between the current seasons were longer than other series. Given all that's going on with COVID-19 I think the final season will be delayed a little longer since other series are affected by it too.

I waited so long for this season that I had no option but to go back and re-watch all the previous seasons.
I am sad that it is coming to a close as well.
With all that's going on, I may go back and rewatch the series b/c I am going to miss it very much. I feel there is so much more that could be done with it if it were able to continue. I am worried they may try to cram way too much in the final season.

With all of this being said, I have no memory of Kim being mentioned in Breaking Bad. It makes me wonder what will become of her. Personally I think she leave's Jimmy at some point b/c she doesn't want to get involved. I'm trying not to say too much but with others who are current, I think this makes sense.

I am not sure when the final season will be released. It seems like the breaks between the current seasons were longer than other series. Given all that's going on with COVID-19 I think the final season will be delayed a little longer since other series are affected by it too.
With all that's going on, I may go back and re-watch the series b/c I am going to miss it very much. I feel there is so much more that could be done with it if it were able to continue. I am worried they may try to cram way too much in the final season.

With all of this being said, I have no memory of Kim being mentioned in Breaking Bad. It makes me wonder what will become of her. Personally I think she leave's Jimmy at some point b/c she doesn't want to get involved. I'm trying not to say too much but with others who are current, I think this makes sense.
AGREE on all of these points
That was exactly my thinking as well back in January. The new season was coming up and I realized that I had little to no memory of what the last season had been about. I watched one episode and then realized that I still had background questions. Stopped that episode and started back at S1E1.

After watching it all for the 2nd time and being able to pay closer attention to certain aspects (like where the hell does Kim go?), I was really able to notice that Kim is most definitely very much becoming disgusted with Jimmy and I think she quite simply just walks away, breaks his heart and then Jimmy has no need to mention her in BrBa.
The alternative is that as Saul becomes more and more involved with Gus, and Kim somehow becomes collateral damage and is killed off to insure that Saul is on board with them. Early on in Breaking Bad, he alludes to the fact that the guy he works for is no one to be toyed with.

So I finally got the chance to start watching Season 5. We ditched the cable/satellite packages back in early 2019 in favor of streaming providers.
Ended up just paying $20 to purchase the whole season on Prime, which seemed pretty reasonable.
I'm up through S5E4 at this point and still not sure what will happen to Kim or Nacho.
All I can say for sure is that Lalo is pissing Fring off....

all this time, I've been wondering what happens to Kim, wondering what does Jimmy/Saul do to not have her in his life by the time Breaking Bad rolls around. presuming she isn't around because she's not mentioned once in BB (Nacho is. "It wasn’t me! It was Ignacio! He’s the one!" so is Lalo, in that same scene "Lalo didn't send you?!" makes me think both are still alive by Season 1 of BB)

I got it wrong... it isn't what Jimmy/Saul does, it's what KIM does that J/S can't abide. I think she is going to **spoiler: follow thru on her plans to ruin Howard's career & Jimmy/Saul leaves her for doing that:spoiler**

it would explain her absence in BB & also why Francesca is still with Saul but her faith in humankind broken. **spoiler:
Kim will not be killed, at least not because of Jimmy. I think the fact Francesca still works for Saul in BB is proof. If Kim were to be killed, & it had anything to do with something Jimmy did or said, Francesca wouldn't work for him. if Kim does die, it will be of her own actions, which makes me think if anyone does kill her, it will be Howard. :spoiler**

Last edited:
So I managed to catch all the way up to S5E10 last night. Interesting to say the least.
I can begin to imagine what happens to Nacho (*spoiler*) although not quite so sure about Kim still.

Also find myself REALLY getting into knowing who Gustavo Fring is and his absolute hatred and willingness to do ANYTHING that it takes to bring the Salamanca family to it's rightful end.

Back