Traveling from Brazil to San Francisco...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sithlordcps

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I’ll be in San Francisco from Sep 2nd to Sep 8th for work but I’ll have 3 days to spare.

Can you give some tips on places to visit? I’m looking for craft beer / home beer in general , so places that I can buy or drink, factories that I can visit, eventually some local club meeting...

I also would like to buy some gear/supplies, so I would appreciate shopping recommendation!

Cheers from Brazil!!!

Fabio

@sithlordcps Obviously if you can manage it (you'll need a car), getting to Santa Rosa to go to Russian River Brewing Co is worth it.

@olivertwist77 Hitting all the tourist stuff, eh? I thought Alcatraz was really cool BTW. I lived up that way for a year back about 20 years ago, and then have visited SF a bunch of times since, but didn't actually make it to Alcatraz until about a year and a half ago. Really cool.

I recommend hitting Chinatown. Amazing restaurants there if you're into Chinese food, including some of the regional specialties (Hunan, etc) that you can't easily find authentic versions elsewhere.

We seem to be on the same hunt. We are planning on visiting SF this summer for 2 days

We are staying in South SF at an Airbnb. We plan to Uber into the city. Initially was considering taking a car from car rental ( https://travelsites.com/car-rental/ ) I've researched parking is expensive, horrible to find and high rate of breakins.

Our main points of interest are Golden Gate Bridge, Fishermans Wharf, Painted Ladies, Lombard Street, Pier 39, and we are getting tickets for the evening Alcatraz tour.

Def don’t rent a car unless your going up to Sonoma or Napa. Breaking into a car is a slap on the wrist in SF now not to mention all the other issues you mentioned.

Chinatown is pretty neat. Ghiradelli’s is nice if you guys are looking for something sweet and your near the wharf. Lots of breweries around. To many to list.

Latest posts

Back