Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to three different places only to find out no one out this way is putting any out until next weekend.

2 stores in Nassau sold some weds and had it yanked by reps.

The distributor here had a rep deliver it this morning and babysit the sale of it. Anything not sold at the end of the day, they take back with them and redistribute next week. Last year my local got 5 cases of the redistributed portion. Doubt that will happen this year.

Great end to a long *****y day! Came home to find a surprise box from @Darthcitra
View attachment 239377
And then there was a box from @wobrien that I wasn't expecting until tomorrow.
View attachment 239378
Thanks to both of you! This made my day.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Was worried about that glass after the trip that box took...
Hope you enjoy it all

Hooked up on Sour Swap #4!

DSC_0713.jpg

Where did you source your barrel?

It came from the Balcones distillery in TX. My LHBS had about 50 for awhile. I soured it after the third use (Imperial stout, then Imperial Rye Smoked Porter). A lot of oak in the first one...

It came from the Balcones distillery in TX. My LHBS had about 50 for awhile. I soured it after the third use (Imperial stout, then Imperial Rye Smoked Porter). A lot of oak in the first one...

That is awesome. What size, type of wood, and char is it? Ive been looking to get one but still not sure what.

That is awesome. What size, type of wood, and char is it? Ive been looking to get one but still not sure what.

It's 5 gallon, oak. Not entirely sure on the char, but its pretty dark. Less so now after 3 uses. If I had to do it again, I'd get a bigger one, just due to surface area/evaporation and eventual versatility. I wish I'd taken the first beer out about 2-3 weeks before I did; 6 weeks on a first-use small barrel is too long.

Good starter barrel to learn from though (plus I got it insanely cheap).

Latest posts

Back