Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a trade, but found a bottle shop near my work that has an impressive selection. I'll be buying many more from them for sure! Happy to see Founders in California!

image.jpg

Randomly went to a grocery store I never go to and as is habit just did a quick sweep of the beer section.

This happens to me periodically. There's a wine shop in a historic market downtown that also sells beer. They actually know what they've got, they're just quiet about it. I was down there about a year ago and they had just put out 12 bottles of Avery Odio Equum that they'd been holding for over a year. Price wasn't on par with yours though....

Bomb sits on the shelf here lately. ~$10 a bottle scares off the non geeks and most of the geeks are seeking stuff they haven't had.

Well, I suppose he didn't say how much he paid for either of them. Grossly overpriced KBS will probably sit on shelves too. Kinda like the bottle of Utopias I saw in NJ that had a price tag that was $100 too high.

Well, I suppose he didn't say how much he paid for either of them. Grossly overpriced KBS will probably sit on shelves too. Kinda like the bottle of Utopias I saw in NJ that had a price tag that was $100 too high.

The Bomb was $10 each, same as Bevmo here, KBS was $6.99 each. They also had Vanilla Noir, but at $14 for a 12oz bottle I had to pass.

I found bomb for $7.99 yesterday. I've been suckered into thinking that's a great price. But yes, I bought some.

I've always complained about the price of Bomb out here. $10 each is crazy high, if shipping didn't kill the difference I'd ask you to ship me a few 4 packs.

Yeah, Shipping to Cali would prob be another 20-25 for 12 bottles, but let me know if you do want some, can help you out.

When Bomb hit here it was $12-13 a 4-pack! Think it was a price screw up because it doubled the next shipment

I wouldn't call Bomb a "spiced stout". More chocolate and coffee with a very mild hot pepper finish. It's a fantastic stout.

Same here. I believe it would be considered a vegetable beer...but I could be wrong.

@tobyg would know for sure. I'm too tired to look it up.

Same here. I believe it would be considered a vegetable beer...but I could be wrong.

@tobyg would know for sure. I'm too tired to look it up.

Spice/Herb/Vegetable is the same category for the BJCP. Pepper can go either way depending on how it's used (for example, ground pepper vs whole peppers). I would assume Prairie uses roasted ancho chiles (probably without the seeds since it's more spicy and fruity than hot) so they could be considered vegetable (even though technically they are a fruit from a botanical standpoint). I should also point out that the BJCP tends to use culinary definitions and not botanical ones, so while tomato may be considered a fruit botanically, it would be considered a vegetable in the culinary sense.

Spice/Herb/Vegetable is the same category for the BJCP. Pepper can go either way depending on how it's used (for example, ground pepper vs whole peppers). I would assume Prairie uses roasted ancho chiles (probably without the seeds since it's more spicy and fruity than hot) so they could be considered vegetable (even though technically they are a fruit from a botanical standpoint). I should also point out that the BJCP tends to use culinary definitions and not botanical ones, so while tomato may be considered a fruit botanically, it would be considered a vegetable in the culinary sense.

Thanks Toby, I was thinking winter beer with spices.

I am going for shock and awe today. Sadly I will be at work when they all come in so I won't get to enjoy people's reactions in real time.

I am going for shock and awe today. Sadly I will be at work when they all come in so I won't get to enjoy people's reactions in real time.

Just about to send you a PM. I meant to get you a box put together last night but ended up bottling a saison. Ill get your stuff together today and out tomorrow. Cheers!

Just about to send you a PM. I meant to get you a box put together last night but ended up bottling a saison. Ill get your stuff together today and out tomorrow. Cheers!

No rush at all. Bottling a saison is always the right thing to do before sending me a box.

Back