Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are some ridiculous hauls right there.

The eagle has landed! Thanks, Lolo!!!

image-1371071700.jpg

Getting ready to drop this off at FedEx ...

image-2681519836.jpg

I'm calling this shipment MOAB - 33 pounds/almost 300 ounces). If that fire is still going next week, this just might snuff it out when it blows up your porch LoloMT! :rockin:

(That is a bomber next to the box ... Just for comparison)

Getting ready to drop this off at FedEx ...

I'm calling this shipment MOAB - 33 pounds/almost 300 ounces). If that fire is still going next week, this just might snuff it out when it blows up your porch LoloMT! :rockin:

(That is a bomber next to the box ... Just for comparison)

I'm thinking fragile = toss me around :)

I'm thinking fragile = toss me around :)

More than likely. UPS/FedEx workers have no incentive to treat those boxes nicely. They can easily blame it on movement in the truck or busted up before it was shipped.

A month or so ago, I shipped a package for a HBT talk member via UPS and dropped it off at the UPS store. I marked it fragile on every side of the box (4). The UPS guy himself told me that the more I write fragile, the more agitated the workers at the warehouses get. Why the f00k would a UPS employee tell me that? F00king reject.

Haha...i was dropping off a package at ups a couple weeks ago right when the driver was picking up. The guy says to the driver "Heres one marked Fragile, so you can toss this one around first". ******

I'm suddenly a Montana Griz fan! F YEAH

Check the last page. I may have a decent beer or 2 left to trade....

I wanted to see what Mikey sent to you, I saw what you sent him and mindblown, like, infinity times infinity mind blown. I don't even know if I will get that much good beer on my entire CO trip, and its a week long beercation haha.

I wanna see that pic too. I'm curious if it was a good hit. I sent some good stuff, but would like others' opinions.

I know some stuff but forgot most if what i sent

hey guys quick questions. what is a good AG pumpkin ale kit since its that time of the year to brew these

hey guys quick questions. what is a good AG pumpkin ale kit since its that time of the year to brew these

Stop trolling the Trade Pictures' thread. :D:rockin:

I brewed AHS' kit and kind of veered off of the original instructions/recipe. Made my own joint using real pumpkin and other spices.

haha i will troll the schit out of my thread, i was thinking smashing pumpkin from NB with real pumpkin but wasnt sure if that was the best one out there, howd it turn out remmy?

haha i will troll the schit out of my thread, i was thinking smashing pumpkin from NB with real pumpkin but wasnt sure if that was the best one out there, howd it turn out remmy?

Good luck receiving your supplies in a timely manner. :drunk::rockin:

Great trades going on. I just tracked a package I shipped and it appears to have arrived near Chicago. :rockin::rockin::rockin:

Yeah those are both super sexy boxes that beat my entire cellar. You did great Mike, neither of you lost, you both won big.

I am trying to find a way to get to Avery on Sunday for the Thensaurum release, but its 30 miles from where I'll be, and I will have already gone to 2 breweries that day. It's a brewery only release though, I must go somehow...

Yeah those are both super sexy boxes that beat my entire cellar. You did great Mike, neither of you lost, you both won big.

I am trying to find a way to get to Avery on Sunday for the Thensaurum release, but its 30 miles from where I'll be, and I will have already gone to 2 breweries that day. It's a brewery only release though, I must go somehow...

Do or do not. There is no try! :D

Shut yer jackolantern hole! No one likes pumpkin beers.

Turned out surprisingly well. I can't wait 'til it's carbed!

I used to work as a loader at ups. I can tell you no matter how many times you write fragile on a box, the loader won't even see it. We were focused on one thing only: the shipping label. You have to ensure your box is in the right trailer, scan it, and stack it in a matter of a few seconds. Unfortunately, if your box ended up in the wrong trailer, it gets tossed out the front. Supervisors will intentionally put a wrong package in a trailer to see if it gets caught by the loader.

Im proud to say that I never had one misload. But the most important thing I've learned is: bubblewrap the holy ****load out of your package, but make sure the sides are rigid. I always put layers of Styrofoam and cardboard to strengthen the sides. The most important thing is to make it load-bearing, because your package will probably end up with eight feet of other packages stacked on top.

I always figured marking it 'fragile' was somewhere between a waste of effort and asking for trouble.

I used to work as a loader at ups. I can tell you no matter how many times you write fragile on a box, the loader won't even see it. We were focused on one thing only: the shipping label. You have to ensure your box is in the right trailer, scan it, and stack it in a matter of a few seconds. Unfortunately, if your box ended up in the wrong trailer, it gets tossed out the front. Supervisors will intentionally put a wrong package in a trailer to see if it gets caught by the loader.

Im proud to say that I never had one misload. But the most important thing I've learned is: bubblewrap the holy ****load out of your package, but make sure the sides are rigid. I always put layers of Styrofoam and cardboard to strengthen the sides. The most important thing is to make it load-bearing, because your package will probably end up with eight feet of other packages stacked on top.

I used to work for ups as well while in college in the early 2000s.. Fragile on a package didn't mean a thing to us loaders at the time... We were focused on accuracy and getting awards for the "wall of the week". Which I took home many times with my tetris-like package walls.

But like Cathedral said... Building a load bearing box is key.. I usually double box or reinforced the side with extra cardboard, etc.

I used to work for ups as well while in college in the early 2000s.. Fragile on a package didn't mean a thing to us loaders at the time... We were focused on getting awards for the "wall of the week". Which I took home many times with my tetris-like package walls.

But like Cathedral said... Building a load bearing box is key.. I usually double box or reinforced the side with extra cardboard, etc.

I used to always yell out, "check out my video wall!" because of that stupid training video where the guy would pick up a package, contemplate it, and then fit it in this perfect nook like he had designed the wall just for it. Yeah fookin right. Try manning a trailer that does 2400 plus an hour to detroit. If it wasn't for my partner helping me load, I'd have shot that damn sup.

Cathedral said:
The most important thing is to make it load-bearing, because your package will probably end up with eight feet of other packages stacked on top.

InityBrew said:
We were focused on accuracy and getting awards for the "wall of the week". Which I took home many times with my tetris-like package walls.

Thanks guys. May be the most important packaging advice I've heard. I'll think twice about reusing some of the boxes I get in trades.

Back